Rhythmic Step DVD or VHS

kristan

Cathlete
First, will I like this? I am looking for something new (to me anyway), and I think I can handle the choreography. I have just about every Cathe step-only workout except this one (and IMAX 3).

Next question, which one, the DVD or VHS? I have IMAX 1 on VHS already, so I guess I wonder if the added MIC makes the DVD worthwhile? I really don't care for hi/lo unless it is very 'athletic.' Thanks! I vowed to stay away from VHS, but $10 is much better than $50 unless the added features on DVD make the purchase worthwhile. kristan

I just went through the same thing!! I decided to order just the VHS tape of it. I knew I wanted that workout but I couldn't tell if the other 2 workouts on the DVD looked too dated. I don't know why but if a workout is too old I just can't get into it. That's just me. I am sure alot of other people love the other 2 workouts. I just figured for 10.00 I would just get what I knew I wanted.:)

If you like to step, which it seems like you do, then you will love this one. It is so much fun, especially the step challenge at the end. I have it on VHS also but am thinking of getting it on DVD. I have Imax 2 and Imax 3 and would love to have Imax 1 to add to the collection. And I have watched the clip of MIC a million times and have heard so many good rewiews on this forum that I am really wanting to get the DVD. But as you asked, I think you really will like Rhythmic Step.

Toni

i LOVE this dvd. took me a while to get rhythmic step down but now its one of my favorites step wise. the good thing about dvd is that its chaptered,it has the mix and match options(even though there are no premixes), and you can do certain parts of the workout you want without have to stop rewind to the right spot or worry abou the tape busting.

and MIC is a great workout. i have only done this killer workout twice all the way through. i usually break it up for shorter cathe cardio workouts.its a killer workout though that really tests the endurance.

and rhythmic step is so much fun choregraphy wise. it was a nice goal to set to finishe each combo. #3 was the toughie but once i did all 3 then i had the goal to complete the challenge without a problem. if you have step blast this is just as much fun IMO.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Get the DVD. I love all three of the routines on this DVD. Besides, you can use the DVD in a 5 disc changer and do mish-moshes. Can't beat it!

Definitely get the DVD. It's well worth it to add MIC to your collection--that is one butt-kicking workout & still one of my favorites. :)

MIC is more basic & intense, RS is more complex but not as difficult. It's nice to have those choices.

I understand about the conflict of $10 vs $50. I got the VHS of rhythmic step and it suits my purposes because I don't do anything fancy and just do the workout from beginning to end. I also understand the benefit of the DVD though. It is up to you and how you use your DVD or videos. Also, another thought is that there are about 3 of these DVDs on ebay right now for less than $12. Just a thought.

Karin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.