Rhythmic Step clone?

gym_mom

Cathlete
I am slowly adding to my collection of Cathe workouts. This morning I was doing one my favorite step workouts - Rhythmic Step - I usually do this one when I need a good, fun cardio, but am just not up to an interval step workout. I love the music and the choreography is just plain fun. Does Cathe have any other workouts that are similar in style? Does any other trainer have a similar workout?

Thanks - Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

I like Step Blast as well as RS because it's three step routines with a blast that links them all at the end in a "Challenge". The only difference with SB is that there's a short interval blast between each time you do the "Challenge", which you can certainly skip. RS doesn't have interval blasts.

HTH.

Susan L.G.

Sometimes when I don't feel like doing an interval Step, I'll reach for Low Impact Step. I believe it's similar in length. Another goodie, and it's also more challenging than LIC is Step Blast.
Susan C.M.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember doing a "cardio only" premix of LowMax that's fun too, and not a walk in the park!

PowerMax is the other Cathe step workout that I think has the fun factor of RS. You can find it on the Cardio Hits DVD. The hair and outfits are dated, but the workout rocks!

Marie

I think you should definitely go for Step Blast. I like Rhythmic Step but I think Step Blast is even better!! Try it - you'll like it!

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I've got Powermax and Lowmax (I forgot about the step combo premix of Lowmax - thanks for reminding me!). You've definitely got me thinking about StepBlast and StepMax. I just may need to break out the ole credit card and buy myself an early Christmas present. :D

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Step Blast is great. Cardio and Weights is another option. On the dvd, you can skip the weight sections and just do the cardio which is some of Cathe's best IMHO.

Step Blast would be my first choice followed by Step Works.

My DH gave me one of SNM's bundle packages a few years ago and it took me a while to get to Step Works. I was very pleasantly surprised by the intensity and the complexity of the choreography. There's a spot that's a bit "intervalish" as well. It's really a great workout!

I always think of Rhythmic Step and Step Blast as being in the same category of workouts - mainly choreographic step. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the step routine in Cardio & Weights...my only regret is that it is only 30 minutes and not longer!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.