Rhonda in Hardcore DVD's

spearrmint

Hey, has anyone else noticed Rhonda is taking it much easier in the new series? I noticed in the tuck jumps, she's doing them more like me :) And pushups on the knees, and in the Core work, she's not doing the hiplifts very high (again, like me). She also gives the famous grimace a few times in some weight work. I wonder why?

P.S. I'm so blown away by the abs on these women, they can't get any more buff!!! Cathe could never wear a bellyring, there's no room with all the muscle bulging out there. WOW!!!

I don't have the new DVD's so I haven't seen her. But I was doing Step blast the other night and I really get a kick out of how she's got her hair and her dangly earrings for this workout. It looks more like she's going to a formal party than to sweat!

I noticed the same thing. I figured maybe she didn't have time to train for the Hardcore series because she lives out of town. She still looks like she's in great shape, just not as conditioned as the others.

Hi Spearmint,

I think I remember reading that Rhonda was in the middle of moving back from Georgia to New Jersey during the rehersals, so I'm thinking that she had to make the most of her time working out, dieting and rehersals.

She still looks awesome. :)

I like the fact that there are people in Cathe's videos that can't/don't do the intense moves the way Cathe does. I miss Hope for that reason. I'd hate for Rhonda to read this and think that people are looking at her thinking "why can't she do that?" I think she represents more of us who are doing the workouts at home. At least me!

I've always found Rhonda's form on squats and lunges to be superb, and wish she were back in the front row on the weight workouts!

I always keep an eye on Rhonda for proper form because her taller, longer-limbed body type is more like mine than any of the other ladies. She is in fabulous shape.

Michelle:)

Oh I totally agree, I was thinking I didn't want Rhonda to read this and think anyone was dissin' her either. That's so not the case! She always looks so incredible and jumps the highest even on an 8" step. I've noticed her abs and legs get more defined over the years and look up to each and every one of these gals. I think it's so nice to have someone finally act like I feel on some of these moves. It's really encouraging to know that without all the intense rehearsals and extra dieting, even THEY struggle. It gives all of us hope that we could possibly achieve some of that if we put in that kind of time like they do.

I agree that it's nice to have crew members who aren't quite as bionic as Cathe, it gives me hope!

I like the bit on Imax when Hope swops to a modification and Cathe praises her for it. You so rarely see a modification on a cardio move in a Cathe workout and it helps put Cathe's superb athleticism into a healthy perspective!

It is sad to see Rhonda in the back row, but I think Jai has earned her position up there.

Clare

I have to say even though I don't mind seeing Jai in the front, I really miss Rhonda up there. I did Cardio Kicks the other day and I just love her expressions and I'm so used to seeing her in the front! I think I just don't like change and that's part of it, but I'm also tall like Rhonda, so maybe that's part of it too. But when I do IMAX 3, it's just not the same w/ Jai, and to be honest I love the end when Cathe says something like ? "Jai is still smiling, what's up with that?" Again just used to Rhonda :)
FitKitten

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back