Rhea's May rotation

Rhea

Cathlete
Finally back in the saddle again!

This month may be a rotation of whatever I feel like picking out the night before (since I usually set up weights, etc, before I go to bed)

Sun: Off
Mon: Off
Tues: Off
Wed: Off, just one more day, but did get dressed for workout:eek: Just happened to have nasty stomach ache which prevented workout. Yuck.
Thurs: Up and at it.....Did Leaner Legs for the first time. Awesome workout. Probably could have worn my HR monitor. I actually had sweat running down my face.
Fri: Don't know yet. Either an hour long yoga (keeping it a little lighter this week) or a AWT, maybe Cardio and Weights, since that's one of my favs.
Sat:
Sun:

Hi Rhea!

Had to laugh at the got up and got dressed and then not work out. I've done that.

Hmm. Cardio and Weights. Another one I love and haven't done it in a while.

Have a great one.:7

Hi Rhea, hope you are feeling better. I've got C&W scheduled for Saturday, I think. Great workout. Maybe Saturday will be nice weatherwise. It's been such a dreary spring. Sigh. Take care.

Jeanette

Just a post to note that I haven't worked out since LL because of tight back and a bit of the return of the extreme fatigues. Will back at it soon though, with some lighter workouts.

Hi Rhea!

Hope you're feeling well soon. Sorry to hear you've having some trouble physically. Darn.x(

By the way, the TimeSaver DVD just might be the ticket -- workouts aren't too long, but are scheduled so that you get in good workouts each day. Might be a thought.

Good to hear from you, though.;-)

Hi Rhea,
Hope you start feeling better soon. Have you ever had a massage? They are heavenly! Wonder if that would help the knotted up feeling in your back. If this darned weather would clear up, I think it would lift a lot of spirits and get rid of the tiredness I hear so much of. Maybe by the end of the week we'll have some actual spring type weather.

I second Karen's suggestion on the Timesavers. I go back to them and CTX quite often. Timesavers is what I did after my first Basic Step purchase. I was amazed at the variety and fun.

Another time trial tonite, so if you see a straggler with her tongue hanging out, that's me! Last month when I did it, I went up the hill at Richmond School and finally caught the rider ahead of me, went to grab a drink from my water bottle and choked big time. Thought I was going to fall off my bike I was coughing so hard. I just hope we don't have the big wind we had last time.

Take care.

Jeanette

Jeanette, I did see riders yesterday, but only one guy. I was in the backyard most of the time. I have to confess, I have a regularly scheduled massage every other week. I would be completely worse if I didn't. Age and stress just plain "bite." The weird thing is, if I don't workout for too long of a time, I actually have tighter back problems. So, I have to do something, probably should just get the yoga into play and I'll be better. I've become a bit lazy lately. But now I have some newer workouts to inspire! (boy, what an excuse, huh?)

After I do the new workouts, I'll try the Timesavers. I haven't really done them much. But I'll be attending a summer school class for four weeks at UNR and that will be a bit tiring and back stressing, so I'll have to do some of the easier workouts.

Well, back to work. Have a great day everyone!

Hi Rhea!

Wow, a massage every week. Must be nice. My massage consists of whatever I can convince my hubby to do...:7

Oh, wow. You have some new workouts. Are they the FitPrimes? Just wondering -- I've been following Jeanie's rotation and watching her comments about them.

The TimeSavers are really good workouts for overall body -- not too hard, but not too easy, either. Been reading READY, SET, GO so that in September I'll be able to continue working out -- will be on the road for a month. Sigh...x(

Anyway, have a great day.

:7

Karen,

I got the Fitprime and Kickbutts....Megaboost/push/pull and the Flex Posture/Steamin'cardio ....I might have the titles mixed up a bit....from superduperclub.com They were only 11.99 a dvd and there is two workouts on each one! Couldn't pass up the price. I haven't been able to do them yet since my back got worse Tues night (darn yard work....I moved the wrong way and whammo...muscle spasm. So I've been taking it easy and trying to stretch all the time. Right now at work, the desk part is starting to get to me already, the headache is starting in...

I might try to go home and do a quick workout to loosen up. Megaboost sounds like a winner.

Oh, the workouts are all under an hour, the longest one was like 55 minutes. I really like that.

Hi Rhea,

That really sounds like a good buy. Do you have to be a member of this club to buy them at that price? If not, I think I might go there and buy at least one -- I really like the ones under an hour, too. It's so hard for me to get in workouts that are over an hour -- particularly with a deadline still pending.

No fun pulling your back like that. Hope you are all better soon. Have you ever considered a chiropractor? I swear by mine, but then, I know we're all so different.

Anyway, hope you're all better soon -- and let me know about the workouts.

Have a terrific day. -- I'm shooting for 20 pages today...pant...pant...:+ x( :7

Karen,

superduperclub.com needs no membership! It was great to find them. Actually, Amber from FITPrime was the one that discovered them. I've done the Flex Posture one, and it was pretty good. You have to get past Tamela's seriousness, but I loved the combination of yoga and pilates. I was also very energized at the end.

I haven't gone to a chiro for a long time. I wouldn't know who to trust in this town. I've been going by the massage and my exercises. I can actually pop my back and neck by myself. It is all this desk work that gets to my upper back.

I hope you get your twenty pages done today! Bueno suarte!

Hi Rhea!

It's good to hear from you. I can understand what you mean about chiros and not knowing who to go to. I know that when I'm not under the gun with lots of stress, I can go without seeing a chiro for quite a while, just with exercise and stretching. But I have a couple here in the area that I really like -- but then that's LA, and there's lots of people here.:)

Came down with a bladder infection on Sunday -- an drank alot of unsweetened cranberry juice and its gone now -- but just another thing to happen when I'm so very much under the gun.

Didn't get 20 pages done today, but I did get 9 which is over my target, so I'm not too unhappy.

Anyway, have a good one. Not sure what I'll do exercise wise tomorrow -- will have to see how I'm feeling. Though the infection is gone, I'm still feeling a little weak.

Okay, have a terrific night.:7

Sure not accomplishing much this month, but took measurements this morning and actually WOE must be working since I've lost some inches on body. My goal is to get the fat % down, so I'm going to have to get into the aerobics again.

Back is better, so started up again Monday with Flex Posture, Tues with Megaboost. Today took off since had massage yesterday and a bit tight. Didn't want to overwork the back. Tomorrow should be one of the new BBS4 and then hopefully next week, I can add back in some of the higher intensity Cathes that I just love so much.

Hi Rhea!

What does WOE stand for again? Is that one of the FitPrimes? That's so cool that you lost inches.

Just answered your email, too, and made me think of you, so here I am...:+

I've been fighting a bladder infection since Sunday and so I haven't really worked out these past 4 days -- it's a long stretch for me. But I didn't want to push it wasn't I wasn't feeling in tip top shape. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back again with the intensity.

Did go for a walk today and stretch.

Anyway, back to work...:7

Hi Karen!

WOE = "way of eating" I've been more or less following a zone type diet, with a lot cheats lately, though. A lot more fruit and veggies in my diet with the added water intake and a bit of a caffeine reduction.

Any hoo, finally worked out again this morning. Was up a little late, but managed to squeeze in one of the newer Firms from BBS4, the Aerobic Blaster, something like that, I cannot remember the name. It was only about 45 minutes and the interesting part was the aerobics on the incline. I have a funny feeling that my gluts will be a bit sore tomorrow. It was a fun, but easy paced workout.

Stats:
262 kcals
47 mins?
25 in zone? geeze, I'll have to look again, I can't remember.

Have a great day!

Today:

BBS4...Jiggle free arms. Totally fun workout. Upper body with cardio between sets. Fast reps, so eased up on weights. I really think the reps are probably too fast for any thing heavier than 8s.

Didn't wear HR monitor, so no stats.

Hi Rhea,

Well, it's interesting reading your comments about the new BBS4 -- sounds great. I've taken a little break from the FIRM, I think when I'm ready to buy more DVD's, I'll go with Cathe and FitPrime. Mostly cause I had a not so good experience with the FIRM's system of accounting.}(

But I'll get over it...and then...

Still fighting a little with that bladder infection, but not much -- just a slight feeling left -- no pain or anything.:)

Anyway, looks like you're having fun with these workouts. I'll keep an eye on them.

Have a terrific day -- and a great weekend.:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.