resistance band -mine broke while using!

Gemini girl

Cathlete
I bought a resistance band from Sportmart and while I was using it today, the handles snapped and whipped me in the neck. ouch! I'm nervous to use them again- but maybe they are not all created equal. Which ones do you use? I want to get the ones from beachbody, but not sure which color. I guess all greens aren't the same eithter, because mine were tough, but not impossible! Also, I heard about boys vs girls bands.. but on beachbody, I can't find where it has the 2 types.

Ouch!

Beach Body bands are VERY sturdy. They have several levels, women's, men's and men's extreme. I got the men's extreme set, and they are just right for pull-downs (in fact, I could go heavier, but there are no heavier bands! Guess I'll have to back up some!). Be aware, though, that inserting the bands into the handles is a workout in itself if you get the stronger bands!

Yeah, I'd go with the men's extreme, too. I got the regular men's set, and they're really not difficult enough. I don't think they provide as much resistance as they say. My two 25 lb dummbbells are a lot harder to curl than my 50 pound band.

Shari
Shari

Just adding another vote for the men's extreme! I'm using the blue band which is hard, but I can still get out around 15 reps with it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.