Recommendations please: Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, Yoga Booty, Power 90 etc.

shopgirl

Cathlete
Hello,

I am looking to supplement my Cathe workouts with something else. By looking at your posts, I see a lot of you have purchased programs from Beachbody's lines. I would love to hear your recommendations as I can only purchase one complete set at a time.

I'm looking to drop 7 pounds, almost all of it is in my hips and thigh area. I have been following BFL pretty closely for two weeks but have only dropped a pound and am wondering if I should shake up my routine a bit. Now that I'm 41, the knees aren't what they used to be, so I'm trying to stay away from step.

Any help you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated. I have to drop this weight before Fall if I'm ever going to be able to fit back into my pants.

Thanks!
Shopgirl

I have the advanced Slim Series and the advanced turbo jams. I like both sets and think they both will help with the areas you want to slim. SS can be repetitive but it is great fro freestyle which trims the legs. Turbo Jam is very upbeat and fun and you can make it as hard or as easy as you like.

Hope that helps some :)

Terri

Thanks. Can you do the advanced on both series if you didn't do the beginning set? I do Kickmax and Tae Bo, so I know basic kickboxing workouts, but didn't know if I needed to do the basic Turbo Jam series.

I previewed Slim in 6 at one point and thought it was so monotonous I wanted to scream. HOWEVER I know some people who swear by this program for weight loss. I have the Turbo Jam Max Results set and find it REALLY fun. It is cardio intensive and varied. If you are an experienced exerciser and get choreo, I don't think you need the first package, which includes the Learn & Burn workout where Chalene goes through the moves. However, I would recommend previewing before you do it. She moves at a really fast pace and if you aren't paying attention you might think she is flinging herself around (she's not, but to an inexpert eye it may look this way).

Anyway, I am biased toward the TJ set, but like I said, some people really swear by Si6 for weight loss.

Good luck!
Marie

Slim in 6 is beginner/intermediate. Slim Series is advanced, which is probably more the level you would want.

You can buy two of the SS workout in Target, packaged together. Or you could try out the series by purchasing "Keep it Up," a workout that is a transition between Slim in 6 and Slim Series.

I like Slim Series, though it is monotonous when done as a rotation, IMO, and not that great for the joints either (as a rotation).

Yoga Booty Ballet was too 'new agey' for my tastes, and I've seen Turbo Jam infomercials and two of the workouts, and I just can't get past the somewhat wild form on kickboxing, the 'shake your hips' moves and the overall "woo hoo, let's party!" vibe. Not for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.