Rebounder workout

AusMish

Cathlete
Has anyone tried doing rebounder workouts? How do they compare in intensity to Cathe's cardio workouts?

Michelle

Hi Michelle.

I have the urban rebounder and it's work outs. I think it's a nice work out and I have a lot of fun doing it. I don't regret my purchases at all!

That being said, it's not even close to Cathe intensity. It's good for an easier day. I once compared it calorie-burn wise to a medium-intensity step work out (from CIA's step still you drop 2)and the cal burn was about the same.

HTH!:)

I'm with Wendy; I love the rebounder but it is definitely my low-impact, cross-train activity. (My knees demand these things, lol.) That being said, you can get a great deal on the Urban Rebounder on HSN.com.

Good luck!!
Marie

I'd say the workouts that are available are intermediate at best. But that doesn't mean you can't get a more advanced workout out of a rebounder. I use mine for Cardio Coach and do sprints and runs on it (the only safe way for me to run without knee problems).

You can also use the rebounder to modify some 'too high impact' moves. I've used it for parts of MIC. Drills like in Kick Max can also easily be adapted to the rebounder surface.

The rebounder also is a good activity for increasing lymph circulation, which has health benefits.

Hi Kathryn,

I just bought a rebounder this weekend. I thought I would be able to use it in place of my step with my w/o. Not so easy, but I do find it very usable for the blasts and plyo's. How do you sprint on yours? I would love to incorporate that in my routine, as I can't run easily, due to running bothers my knees too.

Thanks!
:)

> How
>do you sprint on yours?

Just run as fast as you can on it.

I use the Cardio Coach workouts (guided interval workouts on CD), and they contain sprint segments.

The U/R work outs include "sprints" and I find it very hard to make my body cooperate. I can "jog" fine and enjoy that very much but when I try to speed up I loose all of my coordination and am just a mess...plus my heart rate drops!:-( I wish I could figure it out! LOL

Hmm, I was kinda disappointed with G-force. I think the Urban Compilations are much more fun. Maybe Tracie is just too low-key for me or something.

I have tried modifying hi-lo such as MIC on this, too, but again, it's a little awkward. I really prefer the workouts designed for this equipment.

Just my .02.

Marie

>Hmm, I was kinda disappointed with G-force. I think the Urban
>Compilations are much more fun. Maybe Tracie is just too
>low-key for me or something.
>
>I have tried modifying hi-lo such as MIC on this, too, but
>again, it's a little awkward. I really prefer the workouts
>designed for this equipment.
>
>Just my .02.
>
>Marie

Marie,

I'm with you girl...100%!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back