Ready, Step, Go

fab40

Cathlete
If anyone is looking for an advanced workout while you're waiting for Cathe's set, I highly recommend this one. It is 40 min. of advanced stepping (basic choreography), but a lot of high impact moves. A Mindy-Cathe type vid. She keeps you on your toes. Though the choreo is easy to learn, she adds on after each move. There is literally no break in this. She mixes some floor with the step. 20 min. w/step horizontal and 20 min w/vertical. I really like her personality as well. Just thought I would share my opinion since advanced vids are slim pickins'.

I just got this DVD also. I haven't done it yet but I watched it twice and it looks so good. I am putting it in my rotation next week and I can't wait.

Toni

Yes, I agree! I did it a few days ago. It's great and the cueing is right on. It's definitely a keeper and the music is great.

Katrina

I have this DVD also and really like it! The workout is fun and her intensity is similar to Cathe's (IMHO!).

Jo

Has anyone done The Shape of Things to Come? I was curious about the weight work. I ordered both workouts, but they haven't got here yet.

The video that I was talking about and the one that the person who started this thread was talking about (correct me if I am wrong) is Get ready, step, go by Kelly Coffee-Meyer. She does the first half of the video with the short side of the step facing the TV and then the second half she turns it the "traditional" way with the long part facing the TV.

Toni

Kelly Coffey-Meyers is who I am refering to. Collage is selling it for $19.95. I also have to add that I thought the short waist workout was going to be lame, but I was sore for 2 days after I did this. You guys will like this one. Just stay clear of Patrick's Body Design if you are looking for intesity. It really bites.

I'm so glad I got both of these DVDs. Kelly's Shape of Things to Come is a great workout, I really enjoy it. I like how she only uses dumbells for the sculpt portions. Its a very well thought out routine. I have only done it once so far but was really impressed and won't get tired of this one anytime soon. Kelly is a great talent!

I saw this one in my Collage video and was on the fence about it. I just may have to hop on board! Thanks for letting us know - Susan

I just did this one for the first time Saturday and I really liked it. She has a Christi-like style of teaching: Watch and follow, with very little breakdown. I also noted she did alot on on side, but then you didn't do the other side to balance things out.

Having said that, she has a good style, athletic, intense, with short intervals.

The cooldown was okay, the waist thing was alright, but I add on abs anyways.

Great workout if you want some variety without sacrificing intensity.

I really enjoyed this workout too!! The moves are simple but she moves at a fast pace. As mentioned earlier, the waist section left me sore for 2 days. I remember doing those waist exercises in the late 80s early 90s. I was wondering if they really work because no one seems to have them in workouts anymore. Also, what did you think of the standing ab work?
JaneJ

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.