Re-joined a gym

pjlippert

Cathlete
Happy Summer, Cathletes! So, since we are planning on moving soon, I've had to do the heart-breaking task of selling off many of my weights (too costly to transport them). Getting twitchy and noticing my muscles have been losing definition (GASP and NO WAY!!), I joined a gym. I gotta say, after working out at home alone, and working from home alone, it's been wonderful challenging my muscles again with some new-fangled and might I add, seriously butt-kicking equipment!! Being impatient to play with all the new fitness toys, I did a total body weight workout today. :eek::eek: I swear, I felt like a kid in a fitness "candy" store!! all these fun toys and new ways to work one's muscles!!

Thankfully, I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow! Saturday may still bring on the DOMS big time!! It was amazing to me how low I had to go on some of the machines as far as weight! No biggie- ZMA and a nice long Epsom salt bath tonight for sure!

It's a good kind of 'pain'!! :eek::p

Pam

I know what you mean. The lady who teaches Pilates in my town just added a body conditioning and cardio class right before Pilates. I thought I'd take it for fun. It was HARD! She did a great job. I'm happy to say that I kept up with her even tho she is a lot younger than me. Thanks Cathe!

Hi Pam,

i just moved from Boston to Philly and joined a gym after years of being a home exerciser. I've gotten sore after my workouts eventhough I consider myself a seasoned exerciser. I guess I'm just working my muscles ina different way now.
Good luck with your move!
Lorrie

Hi Pam,

i just moved from Boston to Philly and joined a gym after years of being a home exerciser. I've gotten sore after my workouts eventhough I consider myself a seasoned exerciser. I guess I'm just working my muscles ina different way now.
Good luck with your move!
Lorrie

I am glad it's not just me! You're right- the machines work such different muscles and like you, I'm a seasoned exerciser. We'll get there!

And great job in keeping up with the young chic!! You show her, girl! I'm still a little intimidated to take any classes. :eek:

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.