? re: Bonus Combo for PUB/PLB

lesliew

Cathlete
I noticed the bonus on the Pyramid DVD and I was wondering what it consists of. Anyone have a breakdown of this? Thanks!

I looked at this the other day too, after receiving my PUB/PLB DVD. It's short, it comprises selected upper and lower body exercises/sets from both workouts, but not enough of any of them to really make a workout, so I was wondering what the point of it was? I mean, you can already do up or down only premixes and select the exact sections you want from each workout, so just what is the objective behind this little combo number?

Anyone else got more of an inkling?

Clare

This combo is 53 minutes long and is comprised of most of the standing portion of PLB (going up the pyramid) and two sets of leg presses and the up portion of PUB. I use it a lot and I really like it for hitting the whole body with heavier weights in less than 1 hour. It doesn't completely wipe me out, but I really like to supplement my endurance work with this workout. HTH

I like it for the same reasons as the above poster. It's great when you only have time for 1 hour full body heavy lifting. I usually tack on the abs however, I don't like to leave out the core. :)

I love this combo, just did it today. I like that it works both upper and lower body and that I can generally lift slightly heavier because I don't have to come back down the pyramids.

Same here... I like it because when doing the Pyramids , it lets you work with weights 3 days a week, getting each body part twice... I do the bonus, then a cardio day, then PUB or PLB, and 2 days later the oposite. I do abs on my cardio days

It's there if you want to do a total body workout. It has the pyramid up from most of the exercises in each workout. At almost a hour, I wouldn't call it short. It's like the shortened version of ME on that DVD, that also comes in at just under an hour, except it's strength instead of endurance.

I like it a lot, and you can really go heavier, because you don't have to pyramid down. I like to add the floor parts of PLB and PUB when I have enough time.

Oh well!!! I apologize for a negative report on it! I guess it just didn't strike me as being much of anything but just because it doesn't speak to me doesn't mean it 'aint pearls and rubies to you guys!

Enjoy!

Clare

Dont' apologize Clare! But here is another reason to give it a try...you can go quite heavy and it goes back and forth between upper and lower so your upper body can rest for a little while while you work your lower and vice versa. It breaks the monotony(sp?) too. I like to do the bonus combo after I've used the Pyramids as is for a while.:7
Angela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.