Question for you all.

L

Lora

Hi,
I'm wondering if any of you have ever tried getting a workout group going using Cathe's tapes? It seems a shame to have all these great tapes and not try and share them with other people. I'm thinking about seeing if I can use our church fellowship hall and then putting a blurb in the local paper advertising it. Of course I wouldn't charge anything for the class and everyone would have to have their own equipment. I think it's so much more fun exercising with other people. If any of you have any suggestions of how to get people interested in joining I'd love to hear from you. I live on the West coast and no one has ever heard of Cathe out here. What would you all put in the paper to advertise it? Do you think this is a crazy idea? I've been thinking about it for ages but haven't gotten the guts to try it yet. Thought maybe if I ran it by you all you could tell me if the idea stinks. Thanks,
happy.gif
happy.gif
Lora

What a Great Idea!!

I think you are on the right track doing what you're doing!! See if the Padre will let you put a flier on the community board in the church too
happy.gif
! Lora, I think it's wonderful! If I lived on the west coast, I'd go
happy.gif
! BTW, not enough coffe yet, sorry about misspelling your name in your other post. Go Get'em Girl!!!

Your Bio

Hay Aimee,
I read your Bio and we have some things in common. If you like to cook you must like cookbooks. What are some of your favorite ones? I'm always looking for tasty healthy cookbooks. What good books have you read lately. I'm reading , "When the Legends Die". It's pretty good. Later, Lora

Hey Lora!!

My favorite cookbook and probably just about everybody's is ths Betty Cocker Cookbook. Another on is America Favorite Brand names Light Cooking. It has a carrot cake reciepe in there that even fooled my dad. He swears he won't eat anything lowfat! HA!HA! I also love The Chrismas Cookie Cookbook. That's a once a year thing, but they're great reciepes! As for regular books, I'm a huge Danielle Steel fan!! But there's this one book I just lent my sis-in-law, called Sweet Liar(not a Steele book) that was terrific!! The writer(can't remember the name, I'll get back to you on that)even makes the two main charcters health oriented!! That was a bonus for me
happy.gif
! OK, now I'm going to shut up and go read YOUR bio!!

LOVE YOUR BIO!!

Lora, you say we put you to shame? I love everything that you do!! Well, almost, I've never tried rowing. Always wanted to though. So, I've got to ask, what all do you grow in your garden? I love to make homeade tomato sauce
happy.gif
! And applesauce. I love roses also!! Up until this past winter, I had a beautiful Sterling Silver! Then our water main broke and when the water co. dug up my yard they took my prize rose bush with it
sad.gif
! This may sound stupid, but I actually cried
sad.gif

Hi Lora!

I think your idea is a good one. I live on the west coast and I am big Cathe fan. There is a church called Calvary Chapel that has exercises in their fellowship hall, except the do it with Firm tapes. They list it in the church's bulletin every Sunday and the classes are held during the week. I think you should go for it.

Terri

Bio -where?

Where are the bio's you are talking (typing) about. Just curious as I do not know too many exercise enthusiasts.

Lynn

Hi Lynn!

Underneath a person's post will be the "Info" icon. Click on it & it will take you to their bio. If they have not filled out a bio, there will not be an "Info" icon under their post. If you want to fill out a bio on yourself, go to the top of the page and click the Info Icon. Hurry~ we want to read all about you!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

DebbieH

What I grow in my garden

Hi Aimee,
Well right now my garden is not in the best shape. I love to grow vegetables. I worked at an organic Community Supported Agriculture Farm for 2 years so love growing all sorts of interesting vegetables. I too love flowers. I have about 9 different roses. They are not the most healthy because I don't like to use chemicals in my garden. But if I'm going to keep my roses I will have to do something. Actually they look pretty nice this time of year but in the spring and summer they look pretty sickly. I wish I had more time to spend in my garden, doing some landscaping etc. My sister is a Master gardener living in Durham NC and has a wonderful garden. No vegetable however. Here where I live, Pt. Townsend Washington, we have a pretty neat nonprofit business called The Abundant Life Seed Foundation. They save seeds and collect open pollinating plants and heirloom varieties. I would like to get into that kind of gardening too. I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to gardening though. Or at least knowing their Latin names. It's fun though. And I don't think it sounds stupid for crying over the demise of a favorite Rose. You will just have to buy another one. That's what's nice about gardening. If you kill a plant you can just go out and get another one. It's the slow growing varieties that are the most painful to loose. I remember crying over the dead hanging moss baskets I came home to one summer after my husband forgot to water them while I was away for a week. I had collected the moss in the woods and started the plants from seeds. That was maddening.
Well I better go. Fun writing to you. Lora

Amazing!!

I had no idea you could do that with moss. You sure don't sound like a beginner to me. I've got 8 roses an Angelface, Double Delight, Heirloom, Paridise, Tropical Twist, Dream Weaver, and 2 other roses that I can't pronounce or spell
sad.gif
. I do know they're flora bundas though. Well, I've got to get off here, my DH is waiting for me to watch a movie with him. Talk to you later!

Thanks Debbie,

but where is the "info" icon I can put use to put my bio in? The top of the page does not have that icon or am I really "forum illiterate"? It has been fun reading some of the bio's today.

Lynn

Lynn,

Go to the lobby and on the right with the home and login icons you'll see the yellow info icon. Click on that and it should take you right in.

Hi Lynee!

I see Aimee responded(thanks Aimee). Let us know if you figure it out. It is the icon that looks like a little postcard with a face on it!! Hurry, we are waiting to read about you!!
happy.gif

DebbieH

I figured it out! Thanks

I finally realized that I had to be logged-on to get the "info" icon. Most of the time I just read the threads without logging on. The system is smarter than me, it can't get info on someone that isn't there in the system. Duh - Lynn. ( right hand hitting forhead)

I have read it several times but forget to print off the thread but how do you get the smiley faces? I promise I will print it off for reference now.

Thanks,
Lynn

Hi Lynn!

Are you logged on??? Just Kidding! Smiley~Type a colon : then a slash - then a parenthesis ) with no spces and you get a
happy.gif
. For a frown do the same thing but with a parenthesis the other way ( and you get a
sad.gif
. For a winker, use a semi-colon ; and you'll get
wink.gif
. Have fun!
happy.gif
sad.gif
wink.gif

(Remember that the smilies will not turn blue until you preview or post them.)

DebbieH

Lynn, just read your Bio. WOW

You are one busy lady. Don't know how you do it. Yes I do. El Shaddai.
wink.gif
Your amazing though. So is He! I can relate to what you said about picky eaters. I keep praying my 16 year old will develope some adult taste buds soon. You must own a mini van.
happy.gif
I love dogs too. We have a border Collie. She's allot of fun. It was great learning more about you. Wish everyone would fill out the Bio information and give as much details as you did. Also wish we all could scan our picture. It's nice having a face and information with a name. See ya, Lora
happy.gif

Thanks Debbie!

Didn't have much time lately to "log On" but thanks for the info.
happy.gif

I think everybody is busy, and we are fortunate to be able to do all the things we do. I treat exercise as sort of therpy and time just for myself. I always do it very early in the morning while everyoine is still in bed and it is a great way to start my day.

Got to go read some other threads.

Lynn

Thanks Lora!

I too have enjoyed reading the bio on everyone. We do have a scanner so maybe I'll submit a picture if I can figure it out. My husband is the computer guru around here and "for that matter" maybe even my 12 yr old son.

Have a great week-end
happy.gif

Lynn

Great Bio Lynn!!

Wow! 5 Kids!! That is so neat! It sounds like you do lots together and sure keep yourself busy. Yes, we are VERY fortunate to do all the things we do. I try to live life with a very positive attitude. I cherish every day. Glad you are enjoying this site and getting to know everyone.
happy.gif

DebbieH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.