Question about knee pain

Andelin

I have been doing Cathe all last fall and got the stepper for Xmas. It was suddenly a lot more challenging and fun! I also now do some weights with her new 4 day DVD set. I've also bought extra riser to add more challenge.
However, for a little while now I've noticed I get knee pain, or to be more specific, it feels like just above the knee, on each leg. For instance, I did LowMax yesterday with 1 set of risers and the topper, and I felt sore after it.
Is it possible that I started using risers to early, or maybe I don't do all those squats right? I'm careful to really sit, as to prevent my knees from going farther than my toes, but not always obvious.
Has anyone advice on this, perhaps even Cathe, if you're around!
Ps, I must add that exercise isn't new to me, I've always been fairly active (running, biking, hiking, skiing etc).
Thanks ahead,
Andelin

Andelin,

I LOVE Cathe's step workouts, but I find if I do them back to back, I sometimes get some knee soreness. Some on this forum have talked about using a Bosu ball instead of the step to prevent knee soreness, and I have asked for this for my birthday!

Right now, to protect my knees, I just vary the type of workout: a step workout one day with two risers (but I always do some workouts such as Imax 3 with one riser or lower to one riser if my knees are a little sore), then the next day upper body strength so no emphasis on my knees, the next day maybe kickboxing so a different emphasis on knees, then the next day leg strength, then maybe back to step.

I guess I'm just saying that I found too much stepping is hard on my knees so I try to vary as much as possible.

Thanks,
dawn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.