Question about GWF - Calories Cal

Another question...

I rode my scooter for about an hour and the gowear fit said I burned 500+ calories. That has got to be wrong. Or I wonder if those vibrating machines that claim to burn calories really do work, cuz other than balancing and fighting the wind I'm not sure how I would burn that many calories other than the movement. Would be an easy way to burn off some pounds !

Another question...

I rode my scooter for about an hour and the gowear fit said I burned 500+ calories. That has got to be wrong. Or I wonder if those vibrating machines that claim to burn calories really do work, cuz other than balancing and fighting the wind I'm not sure how I would burn that many calories other than the movement. Would be an easy way to burn off some pounds !

Thanks, parkercup for sharing your meal plans. Liquids will never satisfy my stomach.

Regarding your scooter ride, your gwf reading might be right. I am not expert. But I know if you ride you scooter, you have to focus and really need to make some effort to manuveur, it will increase heart rate and might even increase body heat. That is just my guess though.

I only wear gwf for 3 days. It seemed that display might not be acurate. Yesterday, i had to catch train. I ran really hard. However, in the trip burn cal rate shows 1.1 cal per minute. It definitely not right. When I uploaded my data, activity manager did reflect really high cal burn. Today, when I ran 8.5 mph, the display only shows 5.5 cal per min. My heart rate was 155 -167, it is about 95% of my mhr. It should be VG activity instead of what it showed moderate activity.

Did you guys have this problem?

Thanks

WantFit, I prefer my Polar when I'm doing interval training or anything where I'm using HR to increase my level of effort, because the display band for GWF doesn't show a constant update from the armband the way that the Polar wristband display does for the chest band. When you connect to the activity manager, you should still see the spikes for vigorous activity if you've gone above the threshold you set for yourself. A sudden spurt for less than a minute or two won't necessarily show up on the display under Calories although you should see it under Activity/VG if you go for at least a minute.

If you use the trip feature, and reset it after you've warmed up, you ought to get a pretty good reading of steady-state heavy effort. Does anyone else have a suggestion for how to handle this? I don't mind wearing both polar and GWF, but it does make my husband laugh to see me covered with sensors :p

It surprised me how little of my moderate exercise really hits that VG category. Just as with STS and the 1RMs surprised me about how much I ought to be lifting :) I can/need to work harder!

WantFit, I prefer my Polar when I'm doing interval training or anything where I'm using HR to increase my level of effort, because the display band for GWF doesn't show a constant update from the armband the way that the Polar wristband display does for the chest band. When you connect to the activity manager, you should still see the spikes for vigorous activity if you've gone above the threshold you set for yourself. A sudden spurt for less than a minute or two won't necessarily show up on the display under Calories although you should see it under Activity/VG if you go for at least a minute.

If you use the trip feature, and reset it after you've warmed up, you ought to get a pretty good reading of steady-state heavy effort. Does anyone else have a suggestion for how to handle this? I don't mind wearing both polar and GWF, but it does make my husband laugh to see me covered with sensors :p

It surprised me how little of my moderate exercise really hits that VG category. Just as with STS and the 1RMs surprised me about how much I ought to be lifting :) I can/need to work harder!

Ha, I will use Polar for my CC run. Same here, now I am covered up with all these belts and watches. He thought I was out of my mind.

I found another two good reasons to have GWF. Sat AM, I did Itrain, itread run - cross training set 16 (75 min) Plus athletic stretch (about 20 min). I did not see the burn much from that peak time, even later I checked online. But surprisingly, I found long after I finished workout, my calories burn per minute was very high. Normally, I am at 1.2 - 1.6 range. That day, after workout, most of day was around 3.5. It was about 4 even 3 hours after workout. So I hit my jack pot Sat. I finally burned over 2600. Yesterday, I was kind of lay low because of weather. I did not do workout and had to work most of the day. Guess what, I only burned 1801 for the whole day.:mad: My avg steps per day was over 11000 from Thur - Sat. But Sunday, I only had 4337. What a huge difference.

Now, I will really put my effort into cardio. I am not that motivated to do cardio after I had foot and knees problem. But now I really made up my mind, I will do kickboxing and other low impact cardio to kick up my daily burn. No wonder I could not lose weight in the past.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.