PYGFO-Friday, October 5

LauraR

Cathlete
Well, this is strange--my starting the thread. I haven't gotten to do that in a long time! :)

I went to Wal-Mart and got one of the smaller steps for $30. It even came with a Cathe video. :) It's basic step, so I'll probably never do it, but it was nice to see her smiling face. I wish they had already had the pink Komen steps, because this is probably the only time I'll even use one of the smaller steps, and it would've been nice to support that cause. Sigh.

I hope I can cope with the smaller step--it seems really small and I'm afraid that I'll be used to being able to open up my moves and fall off. Yikes! Well, we'll see.

Well, enough griping. I have a step now, and I"m in business. Again, I'm so thrilled that I haven't caved into the American grease-fest while I've been in transition. My eating has been less than tidy, but it's still been pretty good, considering the schedule and the fact that I only get to "indulge" while on furlough.

Thanks for being there, girls. It's great to know I have a support crowd, even on days I haven't been able to check in. You are all an inspiration!

Hi Laura! Glad to hear you got a step now. :) I have the smaller one two and I alternate between that one and the large one depending on my mood. ;) I just have to watch my steps a little and be CAREFUL doing the pendelums!!!

Anyone have any exciting weekend plans? I might go to the Apple Harvest Festival. I'm waiting to see what the weather is going to be like. DH doesn't like going when it's hot. He doesn't think it feels right going to a Fall Festival when it's in the mid-80's and humid. So we may try for next weekend.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!!! :)

I knew I was the kiss of death for the PYGFO thread!!! I promise to wait until at least 3 people have posted next time before posting. ;)

LOL Liann, you are not the death of the thread.......I am;) :7

No workout or anything for me today, just lazy, lazy ,lazy, and I'm ok with that:*

Hey Girls!! Vicki here, I'm with Tess.

We are having such a good time! As soon as I arrived I felt welcome and wanted! Tess and her DH were at the airport waiting for me. Um, Altanta airport is no joke! I walked about 2 miles to get to the baggage claim. No joke... I apparantly didn't notice the train they had which would have been a whole lot easier. Tess's home is so beautiful. Atlanta is very pretty and the people so far are great. Last night we went to an Vegetarian Indian restaurant which was out of this world. The owner is the funniest and quirkiest guy you could meet. The food was so good and it's this concept restaurant where they just bring you whatever they are cooking that day. Today we worked out together to Tracy Staehle's kickbox sweatfest... interesting. then we spent the afternoon at the Aquarium. That was so much fun! It was really interesting. So, now we are checking in and hen in a litle while we are going to a Thai restaraunt which also has sushi.... my favorite. I kind of feel guilty eating raw fish tonight after spending my day with them, but I'm sure I'll get over it pretty quickly! Okay, I'm going to let Tess say hi now... hope you are all having a great day!!

OK T here... I'm sure Vicki covered it all, but here are some pictures of the aquarium today.

http://picasaweb.google.com/TeresaDavis/GAAquarium1007

Liann, you are not a checkin killer. I love the new pic by the way.

Michelle, how were the birthday festivities?

Laura, enjoy your new step. :)

Heather, good luck with your goals!

Take care ladies. We'll check in tomorrow with more pictures.

Hello everyone.

I hope you all are having a great Friday! Tonight was IMAX2 plus C&W step and compound weight premix (kind of like the Terminator workout, but in a different order). I also tried APX (Amy Bento) chest/shld/core premix. I have to say, my arms are still feeling it! I have had APX for a long time, but I have not tried it until last night (I did the back/bi/tri premix). I like the one I did tonight better. Amy definitely puts a different "spin" on typical exercises. I have preordered her new ones. I hope I will do them. It is so hard to not do Cathe! I may do her KBX tomorrow.

This weekend (Wednesday-Sunday) is Bike Blues and BBQ. I think it is the 2nd largest biker event in the country. It is really neat to see all of the motorcycles, but I do not venture out much while they are here. They are everywhere, and I am so afraid I will hit one of them while I am driving. There have already been some fatal accidents occur this week (there are some every year). I am kicking back tonight and watching shows that I have on the DVR (and drinking my red wine).

Laura...I am glad you have found a step. It is always great to see Cathe's smiling face to help you get motivated to work out!

Liann...you are too funny! I hope you enjoyed the Apple Harvest Festival.

Michelle...I hope you enjoyed your rest day!!

Vicki and Tess...I am glad to hear you all are having such a good time in Atlanta!! Thanks for sharing your pics! Please keep them coming and HAVE FUN!!

I am off to watch TV and read. I have been looking SO forward to relaxing tonight!

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been around here much. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Tess and Vicki, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the weekend. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Laura, glad to hear you got a reasonable step.

Hi Michelle and Lara.

No workout for me today. I got up early to make a pie. Then I had to take my son shopping for some new shirts. He's lost so much weight, his old shirts were swimming on him. Next we headed to Heritage Days, a living history kind of festival. Now I'm getting ready to cook a meal for 8 people. Hopefully I get to workout tomorrow. See you then.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.