Push It

I have a quick 5 minutes and wanted to respond to Natty... trying to stay on top while I can.

Natty,
You sound just like me, pushing ourselves to do something when we are not up to it. I hope you fight it off. When I feel a cold coming on, I overdose on Vitamin D, take a zinc pill and drink Echinecea (spelling?) tea. I think the D is the thing that works, but the others are added insurance. Oh yeah, and sleep is key. Hope you sleep better night to win the fight!

As for STS, I was thinking of starting a new group, but I feel I can't keep up with the few of you all here, so I am just going to stick with us! There are enough STS veterans (Stacie and Heartymax) to cheer us on :D

I don't have any "i" devices as DH works for Motorola so no Apple allowed. But I do have a smartphone. Do you? There are some pod catcher apps you can use.

Last edited:
Today was supposed to be a TB weights workout so I did Muscle Endurance. I made it through all of those insane bicep curls. Then this evening I ran for 30 minutes. No wonder I feel like I could go to sleep right now. *yawn* I wanted to run longer, but I just didn't have it in me. I only slept about 5 or 6 hours last night, so I'm thinking that is why. A lack of sleep really affects me, similar to what a couple other people said. So I'm thinking that has something to do with my energy level when I was running & why I'm so exhausted this evening.

Anyway, since I'm already super tired I better get off of here. I intended to write more, but I just don't have it in me. :p:D Happy Easter weekend to everyone!

Tonight was TBTS UB. Again. I thought about doing Pyramid UB instead. Haven't done that one in a while. But I was proud of myself for sticking to the rotation & upping some of my weights too. It felt like a good workout.

Susan - great idea to pair the low max blasts with TBTS LB! I may try that tomorrow. Of course, I doubt I'll make it through all the blasts, but I can do what I can. The LB split IS pretty short all by itself.

So, you & Natty & Stacie will all be doing STS? Anyone else? Keep us posted. I'm sure your push-up counts will soar! (Although, I'm a little jealous at how high they already are!) ;)

I think I probably will go with the Feb '12 rotation after this one. It's had a lot of positive feedback. Anybody know of a good sub for Body Max 2??

Natty - hope you are feeling better soon.

Good night everyone.
Dana

This morning was Intensity Double Hiit and Bootcamp Premix. I stopped after fire walkers and moved to Jillian's abs. I do hate the Hi Hiit section. It had dread factor but I made it through because I could hear Natty cheering me on.

My brothers will start arriving tonight so I am looking forward to our family Pre-Easter get together tomorrow.

I may not have access to my workout area in the family room on the morning so this may be my last workout while on vacation. If not, I plan to do After Burn tomorrow. We will see.

Good Morning,

I found some time to post YEAH!

Today was STS total body again and MMA Fusion. I was feeling very fatigued so my weights were down, especially on the chest exercises. 53.8 and then 50 lbs for the bench press. My flies were 25 lb dumbbells then 20 lb dumbbells. My strength was really increasing on 4DS, but the Feb 2012 really focused on LB (which is what I wanted) so now my UB is suffering. I guess that's ok because my UB looks fine and my LB improved.

MMA fusion was not hard aerobically (as everyone warned me several weeks ago) but after STS TB, it was hard physically. Not sure how much I like it as a stand alone workout, but as an add on it's good. The conditioning drills at the end weren't that good in my opinion though. I would definitely eliminate those if I ever added it on. It might be a good add on after a tough 30 minute cardio session (Intensity Step or even BM2 Step portion).

Dana - BM2 is an awesome workout. Sorry to be an enabler, but it's a great addition to your collection, and the step section (about 25 minutes plus 9 minute warmup) is one of my favorites step workouts. I find it super fun (didn't I just say that about Low Max? LM, BM2, Step Blast and Rhythmic Step are my faves overall.) Hope everyone else weighs in on their opinion. It will be tough to sub with just one workout, you will have to piece some things together in my opinion. It has about 9 minute wu, 25 minute step (pretty tough, not as hard as Intensity IMO) then 4 rounds of step circuit with a short step routine, a blast and leg exercise. The step/blast segment could be subbed with 4 rounds of an IMAX DVD. Then you need to replace some legs. There are 4 exercises, very low weights. Then onto about 20 minute UB (covers all muscles of the UB, but at 20 minutes not very thoroughly, but pretty darn good for 20 minutes) then lastly an ab segment. If I was subbing, I would sub cardio and abs and make up for LB and UB weights on a different day as an add on. Maybe you could even do LM for the cardio and legs (not the whole workout, probably just under 60 minutes), and do a short UB workout and the abs.

Heartymax- Did you do JM 6 week 6 pack? What Hiit segment are you referring to?

Have a great day!
Susan

Susan---I did the double Hiit premix from Cathe's Intensity workout. Yes, Jillian's 6 week 6 pack. I am not a fan of Jillian but I do like the way she works the abs. I wish she made just an ab workout without the cardio because I prefer to do Cathe for my cardio. I usually just add it at end of another workout so I do one round for 15 minutes instead doing both rounds of whatever level I do.

I love Body Max 2 also. Rhythmic Step has awesome music and dang right fun. Low Max is not fun but a tough workout. I rarely do the workouts from the Shock Cardio series because I hate the music and there is no fun factor there. I gotta have some jammin music when I workout which reminds me that I love Low Impact Circuit---Michael Jackson music in parts of the step has me stepping and singing.

Good morning everyone. I had a bummer of a night last night due to some power struggles with my son over Kumon. He was even bad at the center which makes everything worse because then other people are involved as well. Mentally draining. I didn't workout last night for no other reason than I just wanted to sit and watch TV to try to clear my mind. I regret that decision today because the anxiety levels are high (we have Kumon at the center again tonight) and working out would have helped that. I have such serious DOMS from the squat rack disc that I might not have been able to make it through a workout anyway.

Susan
I have never done the Chalean Extreme. I was thinking about buying it after Cheryl and a couple of people in the forums were talking about it. I still may at some point since it's fairly cheap on eBay. Sorry for the confusion!

By the way, I don't recall doing any barbell squats at all until Meso #3 and only then because I chose to do the squat rack discs instead of Plyo legs. I think you will be fine! I don't blame you for worrying though since you have problems with your back.

Jennifer
I forgot to mention that I am not getting an InvsiLine but a mouth guard of some sort since apparently I am grinding my teeth while I sleep. I read online that teeth grinding can cause you to wake up with a headache too so hopefully the mouth guard will help on that end too. My final appointment for that is supposed to be in a week or two.

Natty
I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Hopefully, you will be able to get some sleep soon. Sleep deprivation can cause so many things. The immune system works best too when you are sleeping. I hope that you are feeling better today.

Kara
Great job on the workouts! I think Muscle Endurance is my first workout in the next rotation. I am looking forward to trying it out since I have had it for awhile! Plus you ran too! Totally awesome!

Dana
That's really weird about the Cathe videos. I called the apartment office to make sure I hadn't missed any packages and I wound up emailing Cathe support anyway. That would be really nice if they were sent already because I was eager and had added them to my schedule for next week already!

I think Low Impact Circuit would be the closest sub to Body Max. It is 20 minutes shorter though. If that bothers you maybe you can repeat some of the segments. She does these uneven pushups off the step that are an absolute killer in Low Impact Circuit. My arms hurt just thinking about it!

HeartyMax
Afterburn is such a tough workout. I know I have a serious dread factor with it. Hoepfully you will be able to find a place to get in your workout. I am still awed that you are able to do it while visiting family. Totally amazing!

Have a great day everyone and in case I don't hear from you before then, have a great Easter too!

Hi everyone :)

Nothing new to report, just feeling crappy and sick. I'm taking a hiatus from my workouts until I feel well and able. I'm not the type of person to get sick often, so this really, REALLY sucks.

Happy Easter to anyone here who celebrates it :)

Heartymax
You go girl with your Intensity double hiit! When I read it, I was cheering you on.
Susan
What a workout! STS TB + MMA Fusion! You're not playin' around!
The only MMA that I really enjoy is Boxing.
Thanks for the tips on the Vit D, Zinc and Echinacea. I'm very familiar with every single herbal supplement known to man, working in a pharmacy for almost 15 years. It was hard to keep them stocked, very popular.
Stacie
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your son :(. I hope everything gets resolved.
BTW, I starting watching the Walking Dead. Wow, great series. Gross, but great. Have you watched HBO's Game of Thrones? It's kinda like Lord Of The Rings. Fantastic series too.
Dana
Great job with sticking to your rotation. You can however sub w/a comparable w/o just to change it up (I asked Cathe one time and she said yes, as long as it's in the same genre). You will see my STS updates here :).
Kara
I love Muscle Endurance too. Great total body w/o. I hope you feel better soon and get some much needed rest. I'm the same way w/sleep. My sleep debt has been accumulating since my daughter turned 2. It's horrible. People always say get lots of rest & sleep, but with a baby/toddler it can be virtually impossible sometimes.

Bye bye ladies :)

Last edited:
Stacie-- I hope yesterday was a better day for DS. As a parent, I can relate to how frustration with our kids can zap all energy from us. If only they knew we wanted what was best for them.

Natty- sorry you are not feeling well. In the short time we have been on this check on, I can tell that it takes a lot to get you down. Take the time to recover cause there is nothing low key about these workouts.

Kara- I don't own Muscle Endurance but hear it is awesome. I purchased an elliptical two months ago so I told myself no more purchases the rest of the year.

I am happy to report that I was able to do Afterburn this morning. We have plans on both sides of the family today so I definitely needed my workout to jump start my day right. Tomorrow will be a rest day and we are back on the road for the 13 hr ride back home on Monday.

Have. Blessed Easter everyone!

Yesterday was *supposed* to be High Reps but I didn't get to work out before work; we ended up having company the night before so I stayed up too late and decided to sleep the next morning instead. SO, High Reps for me today. Muscle Endurance is one of my faves also but I'll stick with the program:)

Kara,
Funny - I haven't noticed Cedie's shirt riding up in Intensity; now I will have to pay more attention!
This is my second year with a Cathe calendar and honestly the reason I bought it the first year was to get a discount on the Turbo Tower. I loved having it and don't think I could go without one again.
Dinner didn't turn out so well but I try:) Seems I have a few recipes that I'm good at but trying to be creative doesn't usually work out too well for me. Good thing my husband and I are not picky; plus he's good at figuring out what it needs.

Natty, I don't know how much weight Cathe has on her bar but I think she has had at least 40lbs on it in the past for squats. Cycle Max is not my favorite but it's low impact, a good leg workout, and a great cardio workout; one day you will have your bike:) Now that you mention it, I agree - a low impact HiiT would have been a great addition to the low impact series... the workouts are so long so a 30-minute HiiT would have been great. Your good karma (I saw your post to Susan) will definitely come around. BTW, I also donate to charities; mostly animal charities but also to my church and to children.
I hope you are feeling better! It is no fun to be sick :( I think you are wise to take some time from your workouts so that you can get better sooner. You will bounce back and gain your strength back soon!

Dana, 10 is a great number! Isn't it a good feeling to notice an increase in strength?! I'm happy for you. It won't be long before you reach your goal. My count hasn't increased, either, but I've noticed an increase in strength, too.
I am with you - Low Max was harder than I expected - silly me! It is a great workout and I really like it; I've done it a handful of times, and it takes practice!
Sorry you had to drop the marathon training. I understand how that could make you angry. Maybe one day you'll give it another shot. It's not something I will do (too much impact on my back) but I respect and admire those to do!
As for the next rotation, I haven't thought about it yet - let me know what you decide you want to do:)
I remember *hanging* on the bar in junior high school - I didn't last very long at all! LOL!

I subbed BM2 with Athletic Training - however I ended up buying it later; just couldn't resist, although I haven't done it yet. A bunch of enablers here I tell ya'!

Heartymax, great job on the workout! and no kidding - forget the soldier thing - for now. One day:) I'm happy you get to see your brothers, sounds like you will enjoy your pre-Easter festivities... and you will be good and ready to resume your workouts!

Susan, "girl crush" - too funny! My husband tells me I have one for Cathe! I'm not familiar with JM but vulgar doesn't do it for me, either, and a Fitness God - well, not mine that's for sure. Good job doing Intensity - I know it's your favorite :) Your push ups are amazing!
I hope the soccer games went well! Great idea - BC, then HiiTs, then BC again. I think I will try that sometime but instead of both HiiTs I would do the step and the Low Hiit.

Stacie, Good for you! You finished that last rep and it was tough, but you did it! As for the 1RM, that was smart to alternate the test.
The mouth guard should help, I have heard that it does. Maybe less migraines will develop - always a good thing! I'm sorry your son gave you a hard time and I hope the weekend goes well:)

Afterburn is my dread factor; it is just so hard. I love to work hard, as we all do or we wouldn't be Cathe fans, but man that one just gets me. I love to hate the walking planks!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Good morning everyone! Last night I finished the last disc of STS!!!! Hooray! I also received my new Cathe DVDs. They came via the postal service instead of UPS like usual. I guess that's why they didn't send a notification. I instituted new rules regarding my strong willed child and Kumon. Hopefully these will help on that front as well. I also think Robert winked at me at the end of that last STS disc. Just kidding!

My legs were absolutely killing me from the squats on Wednesday all day Friday. I could barely walk my thigh muscles hurt so badly. Today everything feels much better.

Natty
It is very wise to listen to you body and rest when you need it. I hope you shake off this cold soon. Now that it's the weekend, do you think your hubby can take care of your daughter while you rest? Maybe if you got more sleep it will help you feel better quicker.

I have no watched the Game of Thrones but I heard it was really good. The Walking Dead did have some gory parts (so does Spartacus...someone gets beheaded at least once an episode). What do you think of Shane? ;)

I guess I had reserved two JM DVDs from the library! The second one is waiting at the library. This one is 30 Day Shred.

HeartyMax
Thank you for the kind words about DS. I feel sometimes like I am fighting a losing battle. The school has hinted that I should him back but I really don't want to. I tried working with him on my own and was getting no where so I started him in Kumon. It has helped but lately he is fighting me on it. I have talked to him over and over again about how important it is for him to get caught up. It's hard to fight everyone to prevent him from being held back when he won't even help the cause. I am not certain but I think the school can override me and hold him back on their own starting in 3rd grade. Therefore, in my mind, I have about a year to get him caught up in order to prevent that.

Jennifer
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope the guard helps too. Right now I wake up with a headache more often than not. It would be nice to chage that!

Dana
You are welcome to join me on my rotation if you want! I am doing the March '11 in May. It has a lot of weights in it -- I don't know if that will appeal to you or not.

Have a great Saturday ladies!

Happy Easter :)

Thanks everyone for the kind, sympathetic words.
I'm feeling much better :).

Yesterday I was able to enjoy the nice spring weather by taking a lovely walk around the neighborhood. I dropped by the store to pick up a few things for the Easter Egg Hunt today at my aunts house (we usually spend the holidays there). I think the adults like the hunt more than the kids do :confused:.

I felt so lost without my workouts that I decided on something very light to get me going again. Travel Fit is great for that. I did not want to use weights or engage in strenuous cardio just in case I felt dizzy or weak.

I will write responses later tonight. Very busy day ahead :)

Have a beautiful day :)

Good morning ladies :)

I Hope everyone had a happy weekend with lots of great food ;).

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to get a workout in to blast some of the cals I indulged :D. I went a little easy with 4DS Low Step and 15min of 4DS High Step. It felt good to sweat again. Today is High Reps, first time! I was previewing the disc while I was ill (yes, very nerdy of me) and discovered Cathe's weights were not as "light" as I expected. It looks like a rockin' workout :eek:.

Stacie
Congrats on finishing STS! You must feel wonderful to have accomplished that program! But perhaps also a little sad to see it end.
I was able to get a better look at Robert, and would have to agree with you that he is better looking than Greg. Hottie alert!!
30 Day Shred brings back memories of my big belly and giggly thighs (4 months after I had Bella) trying to complete 20min of level 1 in tears.
I wanted to ask you a question about the squat rack, do you have one or are you using a weighted vest (you may have told me but it seemed to escape my mind)?. Would the turbo tower be an appropriate squat rack since it holds the barbell up and you can put it on your back from there? I see Cathe and the gals use a weighted vest. I would like to alternate weeks with plyo legs and squats.
Jennifer
How do you like High Reps? Have you done it before?
It's also very nice of you to donate to charities. I was a World Vision sponsor for 5 years to two little girls from South America. I hope they got appropriate food, clothing and education with my support. People always told me it was a scam, but I choose to have faith that I was able to make a difference. Right now I am donating to the Hospital for Sick Kids in Toronto. Children are sent there from all around the world with life threatening illnesses to get treatment. My 4 year old cousin has Leukemia, so it hits close to home.
Heartymax
I'm impressed with you being so diligent with workouts even while away. Did you do CCC? :eek:. No equipment kick butt cardio.

Have a great Monday everyone :)

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great Easter! Mine was interesting. A friend of my brother-in-law's came over and he was really hitting on me even though he has a girlfriend. He even asked me out on a date and then was getting really upset that I kept telling him no. He tried to tell me that he didn't really have a girlfriend and that they were more like friends. Then he got a little tipsy and was trying get me to friend him on Facebook. When I got back home, I looked him up just out of curiousity and it has his status on Facebook listed as engaged! The whole thing made me want to take a
shower. Totally slimy...

I pulled a HeartyMax move and took my gliding discs with me. Saturday I did Slide N' Glide again. It is really hard for me to do some of the floor work with the discs because the leg that is supposed to be stable always slides backwards. Maybe it will get better with time. The standing work is fun though. I don't know about you guys but the ab work where you have to hold up both legs (one really high and one just off the ground) is hard for me too because my legs are already fatigued from the gliding portion. Next time I will have to remember to take a band with me as well so that I can do the muscle conditioning work.

Natty
I am so glad that you are feeling better! 4DS is such a fun workout - excellent choice to do that one to get back into it! Did you try out PowerMax yet? I meant to ask you that some time ago but I kept forgetting.

I thought Greg was cuter than Robert at first too. Greg has such big mucles that he really catches the eye. However, as time went on, I really looked at Robert and his facial feature are much more pleasing.

It was sad to finish STS. I actually expect Cathe to say something on the DVD like "Good Job" or "Congratulations on finishing STS". Instead it just simply ended without any fanfare at all. With all the extra stress over my son lately and his studies, it has been difficult to get excited about anything so that detracted from the excitement of finishing it too. I need to stop be so worked up over that. Even my workouts have been suffering...I haven't wanted to to do them which is no good at all.

I only have the weighted vest. I know a few people have said they use the tower as a squat rack. However, it's not recommended for that purpose. The reason why is the tower is not very tall at all so it would be unsafe for most people. However, someone is not tall may be able to use it for that (of course still against Cathe's recommendation).

BTW, I wouldn't recommend alternating between plyo legs and the squat rack discs. I actually regretted doing that one session of plyo legs. Meso #3 does the same exercises over and over again with different weights because the goal is to make you 5% stronger. The first week of workouts you do 8 reps at 80% of your 1RM max. Then through the meso cycle you repeat all the exercises but slowing increase the weight. Then, the fourth week of the cycle you repeat all the workouts from week #1 but with weights that are 85% of your 1RM. By alternating between plyo legs and the squat rack discs, you might not get that 5% increase for the leg exercises. This next round of STS I am going to try to figure out a way to get both workouts in.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
HOLY COW HIGH REPS!!! My arms feel like Jello. I really gave it my all today and oh boy I think I'm in for a treat tomorrow. Honestly, that workout exceeded my expectations. Hands down one of the best overall total body workouts I have ever done. Bravo Cathe!

Stacie
You were right about the tower. Cathe is about 5'2 right? I'm about 5'1 and I was looking at where the barbell would be placed and how low I would have to squat to get it on my back. Not safe. I was under the impression the tower was higher/bigger. Safety is my first concern, I won't compromise that. So weighted vest for me.
I truly feel so bad about the situation going on between you and your little boy. I can't imagine how stressful it is for the both of you. The way you described it, I think you are doing a great job regardless (I know you don't feel that way). Someone once told me that with children, parents will not see the "fruits of their labor" until adulthood. I have to agree this is probably true. Take my cousin for example. He is a teacher now at 26 years old working for the Toronto Catholic District School Board full-time. All during grade school, they wanted my aunt (his mother) to put him in special learning disability classes. She was constantly told he was "slow" and needed extra attention. My aunt never put too much pressure on him though. She encouraged him and allowed him to work at his full potential. He is a wonderful, respectful, decent human being.
Funny story about FB and that guy with the fiancee. I've met of few of those kinds of people in my lifetime. At least you did the right thing and that's all that matters.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday :)

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend. And hope you were all able to stick with your workouts! :) I got off-track a couple of times this weekend & missed yesterday's workout (CSS). Friday night I met a former co-worker out for a cocktail & then it ended up being more than "a" cocktail & then I blew off my workout (TBTS LB). So I got up early on Sat & did it in the morning & then did Low Max in place of LIC that night. (Was much happier with my performance on Low Max this time around. Yea!) After my "double dose" on Sat, & a big Easter meal, I skipped Sunday's workout entirely. :( Tonight I did Athletic Step in place of LIC. You would have thought I'd just done CCC the way I was breathing toward the end! Good workout.

Susan, Stacie, & Jennifer - thanks for the suggestions on BM2 subs! I have really wanted that workout for a while but it seems that I always end up buying something else when it comes down to it. Maybe next time...

Stacie - did you do 30-day shred yet? What did you think? I've done it a handful of times & like it well enough, I just plain don't care for JM's "style." I muted it the last time I did it. Much better. ;)

Natty - Glad you're feeling better. And glad to hear how highly you thought of High Reps (pun intended)! I just got it & can't wait to check it out. Now I'm even more excited!

I decided to begin the Feb '12 rotation one week after I finish this one. I feel like I'm getting the results I wanted. I feel stronger & I've noticed more definition in my body. Even DH noticed! (WOW.) If I start the rotation in 2 wks, I'll finish up just in time for our trip to Ecuador & hopefully in the best shape of my life! :D

Well, I'm exhausted & going to sleep. Need some energy for Athletic Training & all those push-ups tomorrow! Good night.
Dana

Natty---High Reps is definitely the BEST!!!! Love your CCC joke:D---I will pass on that one most days. I have the weightd vest that I use for my workouts when I want to lift heavier. I don't own squat rack legs and probably will not purchase it. The 20lb weighted vest definitely comes in handy. It is not safe trying to lift that barbell over your head----getting it off is more of a problem for me though if I happen to lift it up.

Stacie--Congrats on finishing up STS. Keep attempting those sliding disc and it will get better. Sometimes I have to readjust mine too. I also don't use the cover on mine.

I haven't decided what rotation I will do either. I was thinking about STS pyramid down or STS/LIS rotation. This is the week to start but my left shoulder is bothering me today so I am not sure about lifting weights for the next few days. I will have to wait and see---NO push ups either since my shoulder hurts. Anyway, I still got in a enough push ups with my regular workouts last week.

Gotta run ladies. Don't want to be late to work this morning.

Good morning everyone! Last night I tried out Hiit for the first time. I did the Pyramid workout...well partially. I got to about 20 minutes then paused it to put the laundry in the dryer and simply wasn't motivated to finish it. The good news is I did all the high impact moves (well as best as I could!) and my knees feel fine today. Woot! Tonight is going to be a hard one....Hardcore Extreme Interval Blast. It will be my first time doing that one too. No pushups to report other than the few I did on Saturday during Slide N Glide. Hopefully tonight I will get some in.

Natty
I am jealous that you got to try out High Reps! I had been wanting that one for a long time and finally got it when I did my preorder. However, I had been doing STS so I wasn't able to try it out. It's on my schedule in two weeks!

I don't know if you have a Marshall's in Canda but that's where I got my vest at. It was really reasonably priced -- I think I only paid $10 for a 10lb vest. Maybe you can get one there?

Thanks for the kind words about my son. I hope he turns out ok as an adult! The new rules are actually helping. All his Kumon homework is already done (two days in advance!) and he has been working on his reading a lot. I actually resorted to password protecting the TV so he can't sneak around and watch it. He was getting up and watching it first thing in the morning and then it wouldn't be a struggle to get him ready in the morning. He isn't happy about it but I am not here to be his friend -- I am here to be his mom. Sometimes I wonder if some of his problems are because he hasn't seen his Dad in over a year now. Things like that affect kids.

Dana
Don't feel bad about missing some workouts....I have been horrible too! I haven't had a chance to pickup 30 day shred yet from the library. Hopefully tonight I can swing by and get it. I thought of you the other day when I was reading some forum posts about Atheletic Step. People were talking about how much fun it is and how good the music is in it. I had the thought "I must get that DVD" which reminded me of what you had said!!!!

HeartyMax
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I don't use the covers either since it's always on carpet. Last Saturday was better so maybe one day I will get it down! Thanks for the congrats on STS too. I am still kinda sad it is over but now I will get to try my other lifting workouts before going back to STS.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Hi everyone,
I have missed catching up with everyone. First I will catch up on my workouts:

Saturday was KPC plus I added JM 6 week 6 pack level 1. The 2nd circuit was extremely hard.

Sunday I did LowMax. It was supposed to be at the end of my rotation, but all the talk about it last week got me anxious to do it. And since it is one of my favorites, I was able to gear up mentally since it was Easter. I was very stressed about working out on Easter since I like to workout first thing in the morning and I couldn’t. So I had my usual post WO protein drink first thing in the morning, then we did the egg hunt. About an hour after my drink, I did the workout. I do love that one!

Monday was my off day.

Today was Intensity again…. Did you guys hear my grumbling? I was very happy with my pushups this time!!!! I was back to 26, then I did 6 on my toes and 6 on my knees. I then added on some more with 30 second rests: 8 5 6 6 7. This was my best Intensity Pushup run! I was very pleased.

Stacie – CONGRATULATIONS on finishing STS!!!! That is so awesome. I am sorry to hear it is overshadowed by the situation with DS. You sound like a fantastic mom, and I know this must be so hard to go through. Kumon is supposed to be fantastic, and a lot of work as I understand. As for holding a child back, it is my understanding it is very difficult for a school to do that because of the “no child left behind” law. It’s a tough decision for you. But if it comes down to it, it’s better to do it now while he is still young. Kids are resilient at that age. I am not saying you should do that of course, you know the situation best, but don’t beat yourself up if you come to the conclusion that it’s the best thing for him. Being a parent is the toughest job we will ever have, the decisions we have to make are enormous. But you will do what’s right in the long run. Natty’s story was great inspiration. So follow your heart and do what’s best. We are all here to support you!

Natty – Glad you are feeling better. Isn’t it awesome when you just feel back to normal? I love High Reps too. That workout is fun. And I agree the weights are not as light as you would expect. I was originally expecting Jari Love’s version of high reps. 70 squats anyone??!?!??!

Heartymax- I like JMs 6 week 6 pack as well. I have only done Level 1. She really kicks it up when she goes through the circuit a 2nd time. I found it hard to keep up with the burpees and squat twists the 2nd time.

Dana Congrats on your Low Max progress. Did you do step segment 7? I love the jab-jab-reach-pull followed by the core repeaters. I haven't done Athletic Step, but you have me worried. Is it like the step in Intensity?!?!??! Do you sense the panic behind those question marks? :)

Bye for now!

It sounds like everyone had a nice Easter wknd. We did as well. :D

Today I did Imax 3. I haven't done that w/o in years, maybe 2 years? I wondered how I would do, keeping up with Cathe and the crew, but I surprised myself. I love how those workouts you've done a million times end up enbedded in your brain in some way! Even when a long time passes since the last time you did it. Yesterday's workout was Muscle Endurance (again). I had so much fun (albeit somewhat torturous fun!) doing it last week that I decided to give it another go. I really do like that workout. I hate/love the bicep work. Always makes me feel so strong when I can plow through all of the reps and keep up with Cathe. I'm thinking I might do that w/o another couple times, next week and the week after. Seems to be doing a good job in toning me up, so far anyway.

> trastacie < ...... Let me also offer my CONGRATS on finishing STS! Way to go! I laughed when you said you "pulled a heartymax move" and brought your discs with you for workout out. :p And what about that guy hitting on you?! Geesh. I agree. Totally slimy.

> dana < ..... Don't fret about skipping workouts, like you said happened to you on Friday. I didn't workout on Saturday or Sunday. I was planning to use Sunday as a scheduled rest day, but I skipped out on Saturday. Just wasn't feeling it, I guess. We've all been there, done that. The important thing is to get back at it. I had a good chuckle, also, when you commented about feeling like you've done CCC!

> susan < ..... Way to go on completing your Easter workout! I like Lowmax as well. I haven't done it since November I think. I really love it, but it was one of my first dvds of Cathe's so in some ways I feel like I'm burned out by it, if that makes sense? Besides, I still have a few other of Cathe's DVDs that I need to tackle, that I still haven't done, like circuit blast or CCC. I do like Lowmax though. Always a goodie! I did an easter egg hunt with my kids, too. Got some great pics from it. I'm sure you did, too!

> heartymax < .... Ugh. Sorry to hear about the shoulder issues. I hate when that happens, although for me it ends up being one or both of my knees that like to talk to me. I agree with you about laying off on the pushups or taking it easy with the weights. Better to be safe and take a rest than push to hard and risk injuring or straining your shoulder further. I hope you're back to your regular self in no time!

> natasha < .... Yay for getting High Reps! I'm glad you like it and even more glad your arms feel like jello! haha! I know you love those doms! I haven't done that w/o in a while, but probably won't anytime soon as I'm kind of on my Muscle Endurance kick right now. Do you own that one? It's a goodie.

Well, Mr. Shower is calling me as I'm still pretty gross after my Imax 3 workout. Cold weather has moved into my neck of the woods. I think it's only about 40 degrees here today. Where did spring go?!? I know I shouldn't complain, but I was really enjoying the mild temps we've had as of late. Oh, well. It's only early April. It'll warm up again! Are the rest of you having colder temps in your area, too?

Have a great day!! ---KARA---

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.