Progress towards levitation pose

EllieB

Cathlete
Hello everybody!
Is there anyone who can give me some hints on how to tackle this pose?I know it's mainly ab work, but was wondering if there was a pattern to follow to build up to that as to me it seems impossible to do:eek::D thanks for your help!

I rest my hands on 2 yoga blocks, set on the taller side so about 6 inches high. Also I have found that its a lot easier if you lose even 5 pounds. I can do them easily when I'm 130 but they are tough when I weigh 135! Interesting. I think that is why they are so easy for Cathe. I'm sure she weighs much less than 135.
Beth

Thank you Lainabania and Bethj! I would have never come up with yoga blocks!! :eek:
I'll surely give it a try next time I attempt doing those!
Bethj, you're so right: even if I weight less than 130 I still think that if I was lighter I could do them more easily!:D

When CoreMax came out, there was a thread on the same subject. Blocks are a good suggestion. You can start higher and hopefully work your way to lower and then to the floor.

I can't do the pose with crossed legs and get my feet off the ground. I can only do it with my legs in lotus position--well it's kind-of a modified lotus since my feet are closer to my knees than my hips.:p I have to pause the workout, pretzel my legs, and then hit play.;)

elsie3 said:
When CoreMax came out, there was a thread on the same subject. Blocks are a good suggestion. You can start higher and hopefully work your way to lower and then to the floor.

I can't do the pose with crossed legs and get my feet off the ground. I can only do it with my legs in lotus position--well it's kind-of a modified lotus since my feet are closer to my knees than my hips.:p I have to pause the workout, pretzel my legs, and then hit play.;)

This is the only way I can do them too! I thought it was because I'm 5'11" and my legs are too long :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.