PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: Month 1

Afternoon Ladies, I am back at work and so far so good :)

I asked my coworker if we were going to start walking again today and she said tomorrow. I found the Barbell Pad at Kmart online only for $7.99 and at Big 5 for $14.99. After the shipping and handling chage with Kmart that $7.99 goes up to $13.00, when I can go across the street from my job to Big 5 and spend $14.99 and get it.

Stacy, I have not taken the Step class at the gym I would rather do that at home with Cathe. I like the Treadmill, machines and so far the Body Pump. However the lady that taught the Body Pump class I took talks so fast it is difficult to understand her over the music. The gym offers 3 Body Pump classes at the location I go to at the time that is good for me, and I beleive it is 2 or 3 different Instuctors. I am going to attend another class tomorrow by different Instuctor. I will have my Barbell Pad and I am going to use very light weights. I took that class last Monday and you should have seen me Tuesday and Wednesday trying to clean and cook, I was sooooooooooooooo sore....lol

I am sipping on my 64oz container of water and I will check in tonight after the gym.

Deanna

It's been raining here for 3 days straight, brrr...cold and rainy, nice day for soup!!

So...I tossed a bunch of leftovers in a pot and it's soup for dinner! Chicken, onion, potatoes and I always have chicken stock on hand, just bought some kale at the store to add for greenery.

I did 30 min on the bike today and then abs. I have a PMS headache so I didnt feel like bouncing around. I got in a surprisingly good lower body workout. I had mentioned sticking with a few of the same workouts for a few weeks, and I'm thinking sticking with this bike routine, increasing my speed or resistance each week. So that makes STS Total Body, and bike + abs. Still toying with my other 2 workouts. I'm leaning towards Atletica and then not sure on the 4th...maybe a workout of choice.

FnV...I get most of my workout info from the forum at videofitness.com and then checkout clips at collagevideo.com

I'm thinking it's Motrin time for this headache!

I'm slacking on the water today!

Hey Ladies, I went to Big 5 for the Neoprene Bar Pad. I did not get it because it seems hard and I just want a Foam cylinder pad to go on the bar that is soft. I may have to get the one from Kmart, however I do not want to get it sight unseen but I may have to.

Deanna

Hi everyone !!

quick notes before I go cook. I've been cooking up a storm the last couple of days. But it won't last....

Stacy - thanks for the info about string cheese. I'll look for it next trip to the grocery store. I'm super excited about getting the STS Total Body DVD... hopefully it will be here tomorrow. Hope you feel better.... I always hated PMS. It finally stopped raining here midday.. but it's still very cloudy and windy and cool. Soup sounds fantastic !!!

FnV - I think you'll love Muscle Max. It's one of my faves. I did the Upper Body premix yesterday. Tomorrow, I have Lower Body on my schedule and I'm debating whether to do Muscle Max or High Reps....

Deanna - sorry to hear that the foam bar was neoprene. That does sound heavy and uncomfortable. I don't remember seeing the foam thingies in Walmart or Target. I know you wanted it for class tomorrow, but maybe someone there knows where you can find one.

I did my treadmill at the gym this morning... only 2.5 miles.. but I'm working up to longer distances and increased speeds and increased inclines :rolleyes: I'm doing really well on food today... so far.... but we all know that evening is my downfall... Not so great on the water today... Only 30 ounces vs 50 ounces yesterday.

I had a frustrating afternoon. My cell phone wouldn't work. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a techie and he couldn't fix it. Then drove to the AT&T store and it was no longer there. Found out where it had moved to and had to drive across town. Got there and a nice young lady replaced my Sim card and now it works. But it took up the whole afternoon :mad: Oh well.. that's the way it goes some days....

See ya'll for coffee. I sure hope the sun shines tomorrow. Between the days being so short and a couple of days of thick clouds... yuck... very depressing....

Go Team !!! We ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!! (tm FnV)

Last edited:
Good morning, having my coffee now but gotta jet off to work in 15 minutes. Leaving the house by 7am gets old!

I woke up with a headache :( Today is a planned rest day. Last night the Snack Monster got me...I had way too many almonds and another bowl of soup, so nothing terribly unhealthy but I did NOT need the extra calories!!

Will get back on track today and get more water in and eat clean and watch my portions!

Check back later..

Good morning Stacy. I too am out the door... but to the gym. I got up early this morning and I've finished my coffee so I'm going to head over and do a couple of miles on the treadmill, then come home and do my scheduled lower body and abs. I haven't decided yet which lower body workout to do. I'll ponder that while on the treadmill.

Almonds and soup for snacking sound like excellent choices !!! Very healthy and low fat. Good job !!! I think you are doing great !!! Don't let the "I must do this perfectly" monster get you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did pretty good on the food yesterday. I had my tuna for lunch as a tuna salad sandwich. And that led me to have wheat, which I was going to eliminate. But I really wanted a sandwich for lunch. It was Whole Grain Oatmeal bread and I made the tuna salad with low fat mayo, chopped green pepper and scallions and used water packed tuna.... so the calories and fat grams were actually quite low.

Off to the gym I go. I have a busy day with a friend today (helping her with a project.. not a "fun" day), so I'll check back later this afternoon.

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Water, Just Do It, STOP IT !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hit and run post-

I did BodyMax2 TS cardio. Fun, love the music, lots of chance to talk back to Cathe.
Me- How's it look?
Cathe- Looks Excellent!
: )

Have a great one all! bbl

Morning Ladies, up having coffee and getting ready for work.

I thought I posted after I came from the gym last night, I guess I was too tired....lol I attended a 1 hour Muscle Resistance Traning class lastnight. The class used a Mat, Dumbells and a Medicine Ball, No Barbell. :) I really enjoyed this class, not as challenging as the Body Pump which use the Barbell. After the class I then went up stairs and did 30 min on the Treadmill. The MTR class is offered on Tuesday and Thursday during the time I can attend.

No gym for me today, I asked my son to go walking/jogging with me. He said yes, however if he changes his mind I am going to do one of my dvd workouts in my garage. :)

My coworker and I are suppose to start walking again today, we will see.

Okay time to get ready so I can get out of here. You ladies have a great day.

Deanna

PS: I had 64oz of water yesterday.

So far not so bad with food today.

B--handful of pistachios as I raced out the door
L--carrot & celery sticks, yogurt
S--2 turkey sausage links (45 secs on the microwave)
D--had a salad and sweet potato planned, but I'm ravenous and hubby wanted a sub, so I'm getting a turkey sub with lettuce and tomato, hold the cheese & mayo

I'm trying to cut back on carbs, but I still think if I can just limit myself to the sub and not snack after dinner, my cals for today wont be too bad.

No workout today, planned rest day.

Deanna...sounds like you had a good workout. I used to have an old VHS workout just called "BodyPump". It was my favorite! I wish they'd remake it on dvd!

FnV...that cardio from BM2 is a good one, but I sometimes forget that she goes right into the finished combo's, gotta be on your toes for that one!

Susan...ready for weigh-in tomorrow morning?? I can already feel that I've lost at least a pound since Monday, even with TTOTM, though even if it's water weight, it's still Progress!

I just checked out Cathe's new Dec Rotation and though I dont really follow them, she did have something there I thought I'd pass along.

She said for each holiday indulgence, drink 2 extra glasses of water, do 25 pushups and 50 crunches.

Sounds like a plan!!

lol.. that sounds like a great plan Stacy !!!

quick drive by..... long long long day... I must go get some dinner.

Have done really well on the food so far today.... oatmeal, banana and 1/2 cup yogurt for breakfast..... the rest of the tuna salad makings on whole grain oatmeal bread for lunch and no snacks. And that's all I've eaten so far today..... oh wait... no... I had an apple when I get home... forgot about that.

I have no clue what I'll have for supper... lol. something quick.... I have no interest in cooking tonight

Deanna - I did terribly on my water consumption today. Was out and about most of the day and didn't take my water bottle with me. I'll do better on the water tomorrow..

Weigh in tomorrow morning !! I'm excited... I also think I've done well so far... we shall see :D

see y'all in the morning for coffee

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this !!!!!!!!!!!

Go Team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evening Ladies :)

I had to drag my coworker outside to walk today, again since the weather has cooled off she does not want to walk. Starting tomorrow through Friday extremely high winds and a chance of rain in Vegas, so we will not be walking. I am going to the gym tomorrow to take that class again. I made an appointment at the gym for Saturday to get my 1 Free PT session. My body is a little sore from the class yesterday. My son and I did not walk/jog today, I was extremely tired after work and had to pick up a frew items from the store.

Did not even get close to finishing my water, but tomorrow is another day.

Okay will see you all for coffee in the AM.

Deanna

Good morning, I've been up since 4am, just couldnt sleep. I've had coffee and have been perusing the videofitness.com forum. There's a long discussion there with multiple rotations posted combining kettlebells and Zuzana's workouts from Bodyrocktv.com. They all look tough and I feel my workouts pale in comparison! I know I dont push myself hard enough and wonder what kind of results I'd get if I wasnt such a workout wimp. Then on the flip side I wonder how tired I would be trying to workout harder after working 12 hrs and how many injuries I might get, but then wonder if this is just a cop out excuse. I think I need more sleep lol!!

Anyway, weighed in this morning and was down 2 lbs, but was bummed b/c I thought it would be more, then I smacked myself said 2 lbs in 3 days is NOT a bad thing!

I'm going to workout before I leave for work, I go in a bit later Thursday mornings so have a bit more time in the morning, but I get home very late, so it's a toss up.

I'm planning on the salad and sweet potato for dinner that I didnt have last night. I'll check back in later.

Here's the link to the post I was reading if anyone is interested. It's inspiring!
Kettlebells plus Zuzana's Bodyweight circuits - Page 2 - Video Fitness Forum

I'm not as familiar with all the kettlebell moves yet but later in the same post she suggested doing Cathe's Imax2 but subbing this for the blasts..20 kettlebell swings, 20 mountain climbers and 20 toe touches (a lying down ab exercise).

Morning :)

Stacy, I woke up early this morning as well. I put some chicken in the over to have for lunch and dinner today and tomorrow with a salad. I eventually went back to bed and closed my eyes for 1 hour.

I am having my coffee, got my gym bag packed and watching the news. This weather is crazy in Vegas, the winds are over 40mph with a chance of 70% rain today and 20+% Friday. Needless to say no walking at work with coworker.

I mention that I made an appointment with a PT at the gym for my Free session. I am going to advise her that I would like defined arms/back/shoulders, a flat stomach (which I do not think is possible since I had a c-section 18 years ago) and to lift my butt as much as possible....LOL, ROFL I really do not want to put to much emphases on weight loss because I do not want to be skinny. We will see what she says.

I have had a good 2 days back at work. There are always going to be people who try to make your life miserable, but I have been laughing it off.

My supervisor put the Christmas Tree up in our office yesterday, which means they are going to want to do a gift exchange. As you all know I am not faund of them and them of me. So, instead of spending my hard earned money on people I do not like, I have decided to make a donation ($25 total) to a charity for children for Christmas, on behalf of my coworkers. :) There are four (4) people in my office, I was going to do $5 per person but the donation is a minimum of $25. Since the CFO (which is a man) and I get along with, I will donate $10 in his name and $5 each on behalf of the 3 crabby, bitter women. ;) ROFL

Okay, time for me to start getting ready for work. I will check back later, you guys make it a great day. :)

Deanna

WATER.....WATER.....WATER.....WATER.....WATER.....WATER.....WATER.....WATER

Last edited:
Good morning !!!

Stacy - TWO pounds in THREE days is fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo very proud of you !!!! Do not fall into the "this is not enough" trap.... nor the "I must do this perfectly" trap.

You are doing great !!! I can't comment on the difficulty of your workouts and whether you should pump them up, but I can say that to me your workouts sound plenty tough enough already. I can't imagine you making them more difficult on top of your grueling work schedule.

Remember... slow and steady wins the race. And slow and healthy... all things in moderation: food, exercise, rest time... is what brings a healthy fit body.

I am pleased to announce :p that I lost ONE pound in THREE days and I'm thrilled. My goal is about 1.5 pounds per week or 6 pounds per month, so I'm right on target.

I've averaged a tad over 1600 calories per day for the last 3 days and at 1600 calories I get lots of good food and am never hungry.

Deanna - Your office Christmas present solution sounds perfect !!

I can't wait to hear about your Personal Trainer session this weekend... lol. He/she is going to love your description of what you want !!!

Another busy day for me today.... not sure when I'll get a workout in.. today is my cardio day... if nothing else.. I'll do some stepless step later this afternoon..

Have a great day !!!

We CAN do this... we ARE doing this !!!!!

I shall take my water bottle with me today... I have a note right by my front door so I won't forget :rolleyes:

Edited to add: I'm going to eat a sweet potato every other day. I'm still not eating enough veggies and sweet potatoes are one of nature's most perfect foods: no fat, chocked full of fiber, Vitamin A, other vitamins and minerals. At least I'll get a healthy dose of Vitamin A that way.....

Last edited:
Wow Stacy, so funny, I got up too late to do a whole 30 min workout, but decided at the last minute to do a bodyrock, prob about the same time you were posting so thanks for putting it out the Universe so I could remember about Zuzana and get a workout in this morning! That being said, I think the impact from it wasn't too good since my knee is more noticeably hurting now than it has all week since I got back on my workouts. Bodyrock workouts are INTENSE but usually less than 15 min-20 min. ...you could do it no prob.

I went from 142 to 139 from Sun to Thurs, but the 142 was probably a "false" high, but I am happy to be moving in a positive / negative direction. I am pretty sure I've lost those pounds before, how do they find their way back on my body? dang it.

Deanna, great idea on the gift exchange. I bet the PT puts you on wt training. My experience w/ PT was them trying to sell me on using his services, which I did for a about 5 sessions, but I had clearly stated that my goal was to get a good feel for how to use the stations at the gym so I would feel comfortable there. He didn't like the stations and we did a lot of barbells and squats, etc, functional fitness. I loved it b/c I was always surprising him with how much heavier/harder/longer I could go than what he planned. Inside this chubby middle aged house wife is a fierce competitor. : )

Susan WTG! Jumping back into all of this after a break is great and you have hit the ground running. I like the sweet potato idea. I'm in the mood for acorn squash, too. yum.

hugs yall!

Hello all, I'm sitting here eating a sweet potato while reading about sweet potatoes! Diet today wasnt perfect but it was progress!!

B--lower sugar maple&brown sugar instant oatmeal
L--raspberries, tiny can of tuna mixed with diced celery and carrots and small amt of low fat mayo
S--(the not perfect) chips from the vending machine (240 cals, 16 gm of fat, yikes!)
D--sweet potato and a salad, small amt of light salad dressing

If I'm still hungry later I have 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn. You get a surprisingly large serving (it's also only 3 WW points)

Workout was Ilaria's Atletica and I upped my weights for a few of the exercises. The short burpee segment still kills me, but I enjoy this workout. It seems to work everything but is so different than any other workout I own.

FnV...I was wondering if Zuzana's workouts would bother my knees, she has alot of good ab stuff on her site though! Good job on the weight loss.

Deanna...I also love the gift idea, high five to you!! Tell that PT you want to look like Beyonce!

Susan...good job on the weight loss!

I have laundry to do, exciting, exciting, might check back later!

We should all be proud of ourselves, we're kicking butt!!

Evening Ladies, I am just getting home from the gym and hanging out with the ladies from work. The class was really good, my stomach is still sore from Tuesday. After the gym I went into GNC and picked up some Lean Protien strawberry cream and blueberry cream. Okay, time to take a shower and call it a night. I will see you all for coffee in the AM.

Deanna

Coffee but no workout for me this morn, I have stats class and need to study a little bit. I did, however, do a 3.5 mile walk/jog yest eve in addition to my AM bodyrock.

Deanna, while I was jogging, I was thinking of you saying you don't want to get skinny!

Part of my progress today will be upping my water intake.

Susan and Stacy, good job points/cals. Susan, I have some steel cut oats I will make for breakie this weekend.

Stacy, I was thinking about bodyrock...my workout yest was 12 min of alternating 30 sec or work with 10 sec of rest; doing quick deep squats w/ wt (I alternated plie and regular) and high knees fake jump rope ( i did knees and jumping jacks and plyo jacks). I wonder if the knee pain stems from the squats instead of the more obvious impact?

maybe bbl with workout to post

Morning TGIF

Fnv, good job on your walk/jog yesterday evening. And no I do not want to be skinny, however I took a good look at myself yesterday in the mirrow while doing the MTR class. I normally wear capri spandex, with a big shirt. Well yesterday I did not have a big shirt on, but a spandex shirt and I noticed my upper thigh, and mid-section. All I can say is I am not happy. :( As I said previously, I had a c-section 18 almost 19 years ago and I really do not think my stomach is every going to be flat. My stomach is shrinking but the bottom area does not seem to be tighening up.

Instead of having coffee this morning I made myself a Blueberry Protien shake with a Banana and some pineapples. I am going to have coffee when I get to work. ;)

Yesterday I had a large salad with the chicken I baked yesterday morning. I have some eggs boiling this morning, I also cut up a red onion. I am going to add this to my salad today.

My son asked me what I wanted for christmas, I am going to tell him a really nice lunch bag that I can take to work. :) I am easy, not hard to please. :)

My stomach is sore, not as sore as it was when I did Core Max on the Ball the 1st time. Never the less it is sore.

Okay ladies, have a wonderful Friday. I will check in later.
Deanna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.