Previewing Power Hour... OMG!!!

Kimba

Cathlete
What have I gotten myself into? What's up with the endless squats? :-wow I've been watching for at least five minutes and it's nothing but squats! I know I'll be doing 2 sets tops.

Where's the warmup??? There is no way I'm going to do anything that's this brutal (so far) w/o an active warmup and stretching!!!

Hi Kimba,

I quite often do the warm up of Imax prior to PH now, and it seems to help. The first time I did PH, I could hardly move for 3 days, and bending down, forget it ? I just couldn't do it. But I find a quick blast on the step blows any stiffness away !

Anna :)

There's really not much of a warm up. There's the bent over rows, some squats, some bicep curls and that's about it. Cathe uses a lighter weight, preparing for what's to come. It's been a little while since I've done PH but if I'm not mistaken, Cathe does stretching after each segment. PH is an awesome workout, tough and effective. If you want more of a warmup and stretch for yourself, you can pick a warmup that you like from one of your other tapes. Personally, I like the warmup from MIS.

Sharon

Oh, Kimba!!! I, too, remember the first visit to Power Hour..yikes! It was my very first Cathe strength tape and I had been Firming for years prior.

Well, I THOUGHT I was in shape before PH. Oh my heavens! I could not walk up my stairs for 2 days without grimacing all the way :)

Anyway, I have to tell you..don't give up on it! I have been very faitful to good ol' Power Hour and it has done wonders for me! Seriously, it isn't as brutal anymore but it is still kickin' my butt :)

Enjoy :)

Hello Anna,

I see you have done PH. How did you find MIS? And what about BM?

Can you do the whole tape? And what weights do you use? Cathe uses 40lbs for the squats, that's about 20kg and I use 18kg. When you can use that much weight then you know you are superwoman...

Yen

Strong@heart - what type of gains/improvements have you seen using PH? How long and and how often did use PH when you first noticed some changes in your body.

Kimba - I am still a newbie to PH and each time the soreness lessens. I think it may be time for me to up my weights a smidge. :-rollen I will admit that this last time I skipped the first set of lunges (with the barbell) substituting two sets of deadlifts (love hamstring work)! But I jumped right back in with the dumbbell lunges! Killer! :) When you begin just lighten your barbell or whatever weight you use for the warmup, use it for the whole workout. That's what I did the first time and was still sore for 2 days! Go ahead Kimba! Get that first workout out of the way and everything will be fine after that!

I actually enjoy the barbell warmup. I've never felt the need to do anything else prior to starting Power Hour! I am really enjoying the higher reps/long sets! :)

Angie

>I actually enjoy the barbell warmup.
>I've never felt the need
>to do anything else prior
>to starting Power Hour! I
>am really enjoying the higher
>reps/long sets! :)
>
Me too. I never mix and match my workouts - I just stick the tape in and do it all the way through. Does people on here do that a lot?

Yen

Hi Yen!

I think quite a few people do but I don't really feel like being bothered with all the trouble and time it takes/wastes. I have had tapes in the past where I would do my own workout while the tapes' workout was playing but never the warmup from one tape and the main workout from another. I bet it's easier to do if you have a DVD but I don't, so I just go with the flow! :)

Angie

Hello Angie,

I have a DVD, but I still don't do it. The reason is I think what the instructor does is better than what I could do on my own. She is the expert, she put this program together for a reason and I am not the expert (if I was I wouldn't bother to purchase her tapes), so if I do her program I would achieve better results than mixing and matching on my own.

Do you understand? It's just the way I have always thought. I know people do it for modification, but I would rather try and copy her and match her than take the easy option.

Yen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.