Pregnancy check in week of August 15

StaceyDeLapp

Cathlete
Hi guys. I hope you had a better week than I did. I started getting a sore throat on Thursday or Friday before the 15th and kept hoping it wasn't a sign that I was getting sick. I had a lot to do to get ready for our vacation to the beach, and my business partner was on vacation, so I was filling her shoes as well as mine. I was so stressed out that I think I "gave" myself a sinus infection. By Monday night, the first night of our vacation, I was feeling pretty miserable. Each day I felt worse and worse. By Thursday (the day we were heading home) I couldn't take it anymore. I had talked to 2 pharmacists who wouldn't even okay Sudafed. I finally called my dr. and she prescribed me Zithromax that I picked up as soon as I got home. I was so thankful for that. I got home at dinner time on Thursday and pretty much spent all Thursday, Friday and Saturday in bed. I worked 4 hours on Saturday because my business partner was, again, on vacation, and we had tons of work to do, but our printer (high speed mailing printer) was broken for the first time ever. I had to take it in for repair on Sunday and ended up bringing back a patched together machine to run 80,000 pieces on. I worked 15 hours yesterday, severely overdoing it. Felt like I had a hangover today. Today didn't go any better. Worked 10 hours, but at least hit my deadline. I'm still not feeling that great, my printer is still not working properly and won't be until Wednesday which puts me severely behind my client deadlines. I don't know what to do. On top of all that, I'm too sick to workout. :-( I am hoping to feel good enough to workout (easing back in) by Wed or Thurs but don't think my schedule will allow it. Oh well...standing on my feet for 10-15 hours bending, lifting, etc. has to be somewhat of a workout, right?

My 36 week appt is on Wednesday. I should actually be 36 1/2 or 37 weeks by the time Wed is here. I want my body back to myself so much. I demand a lot of it and pregnancy makes it so hard to keep with everything I need it to do. Of course, a new baby and lack of sleep will probably make it infinitely harder and more stressful. But at least then I can get help from outside sources. :) And I will feel better being able to wear my cute clothes again!

Looking forward to reading your posts. Can't wait to hear about Diana's little miracle baby that must be here by now! :) I will update you all with my dr appt when I get back in on Wed - or when I have time as soon after, anyway. If baby arrives on/around his due date, I will be in so much trouble because the middle/end of the month is so busy for my business. I won't get any maternity leave. :-( The bummer about owning your own business is how hard it is to get good help for vacation and sick leave. I am so hoping that I won't be standing for hours on end 2 days after giving birth. Wouldn't that be yucky?

Take care!
Stacey
EDD 09-16 to 09-23

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.