Prayer Request - Please

FabAbs

Cathlete
Hi Gang,

I have a prayer request, my daughter's friend Shawn is going to court to get emancipated from his mother because of neglect. Shawn is 17, he has an older brother 19 with Tourette's Syndrome and younger sister 13 and a younger brother 10 who will need to be on a feeding tube for the rest of his life. His father died and his mother's boyfriend doesn't want to have anything to do with him or his siblings.

Megan can't stop crying about his situation. He goes to a different high school than Megan but they are in vo-tech together so they have 3 hours to do their work and talk. Shawn is a very nice young man, he has been over our house a few times and has always said when Megan goes to take him home "thank you for having me over to your home, I appreciate it".

Shawn will be going to a different high school come January, he will be living with a friend. He is so worried about what will happen to his siblings, with his older brother's health issues he doesn't know if they will be able to live with him, if not then they will go to foster care and that is just heartbreaking.

He asked Megan not to tell anyone because he is embarassed by his situation but because she has so much compassion and she's easy to talk with he had to tell someone. Shawn also said that they haven't eaten in a couple of days and his grandpa didn't know this and came over on Monday to bring them food. It's Megan's understanding that his mother doesn't want his grandpa to know anything.

I have absolutely NO problems in the world compared to those of others.

Thank you so much,
...Cheryl

Thats a terribly difficult situation to be in. Electing to be emancipated when you only have less than a year left in her care is a heavy thing indeed. But, if his siblings are indeed in danger, then he has to do it. I sure hope that things work out for this young man and his siblings. I will pray for him,

Hugs,

Alisha

What a heartbreaking story. I will pray that Shawn and his siblings find a light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Natasha

I will def keep the situation in my prayers Cheryl! It's so great Shawn has you and your daughter in his life. Prayers also for his siblings!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers, they are very much appreciated. I don't understand how a mother can neglect her children especially when they have health issues. I know I would go to the ends of the earth for my daughters no matter how dire a situation for me may be.

I'll keep you posted when Megan knows more.

Thanks again!!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.