Praise for Eat to Live & Dr. Fuhrman

Monica11

Cathlete
I am just so pleased with this eating plan I had to share my experience. I bought the book two weeks ago Sunday and started eating the way Furhman advocates the next day. I have been less than strict--following the 90% rule (still a little fat free milk in my coffee, low fat rather than fat free dressing, an occasional beer at night, even a few squares of dark chocolate), and I haven't had time to exercise (my four month old is just a little ... demanding).

Nevertheless, I am quickly seeing changes. I had ten pounds post-pg weight to lose and none of my old jeans fit. Today, less than two weeks in, they fit! they fit! they fit! I have never been even a little hungry because I eat so much. And I love the food--veggies, fruits, beans, nuts. It suits me perfectly. I am so looking forward to seeing what happens once I get back on the exercise wagon. When I first read about this plan I thought it was a bit spartan but it is so much easier than I thought. Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience because I learned about this book on this board and I'm really grateful for that.

I just checked this book out from the library, and your great post is encouraging and inspiring! Thanks for sharing your results! (I'm off to start reading...)

Allison

http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble2/19.gif[/img] on starting Eat to Live!!! I know just how you feel. It is awesome that its suits you so well. What a healthy choice. ETL taught me so much and I have found so many food choices I have never eaten before. Thanks so much for sharing...:)

I'm planning to start this too, so I'm glad to hear this! I am getting married in 6 weeks or so, so I'm really hopeful I'll be able to see some change by then.

Question for Eat-to-Live people...his recipes look great, but I'd like even more recipes that are consistent with his plan. Anyone know of a good vegetarian cookbook that fits the bill (NOTE: by GOOD I mean doesn't require 20 ingredients, some of which can only be found in China!)

:)

I have found good info and recipes on this site www.vegsource.com My favorite cookbook that I use regularly is "Vegan Planet" by Robin Robertson. It has 400 recipes and so far I have liked about every one I have tried!!....:)

I have found good info and recipes on this site www.vegsource.com My favorite cookbook that I use regularly is "Vegan Planet" by Robin Robertson. It has 400 recipes and so far I have liked about every one I have tried!!....:)

I just bought Vegan Planet today! Another interesting book is the Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein. Try borrowing from your local library first to see if these fit your idea of convenient cooking.:)

Judy

I just bought Vegan Planet today! Another interesting book is the Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein. Try borrowing from your local library first to see if these fit your idea of convenient cooking.:)

Judy

Good job Judy!!! I also have the Mediterrneam Vegan Kitchen but have used Vegan Planet more. I especially am liking the portobello recipes....the stuffed ones with Chipotle mashed potatoes are to DIE for...:)

Good job Judy!!! I also have the Mediterrneam Vegan Kitchen but have used Vegan Planet more. I especially am liking the portobello recipes....the stuffed ones with Chipotle mashed potatoes are to DIE for...:)

Hey there - I like Dr.Fuhrman's plan too! I just jumped on the scale today and am down 3.5 lbs in two weeks. Or is is three now? I can't remember when I started following his advice. And it IS good!!! All this fresh food... my body has been hungering for it, and I didn't even know it.

I also have Vegan Planet, and it's a great book... but I haven't actually cooked anything from it. Just read through it and liked it.

Hey there - I like Dr.Fuhrman's plan too! I just jumped on the scale today and am down 3.5 lbs in two weeks. Or is is three now? I can't remember when I started following his advice. And it IS good!!! All this fresh food... my body has been hungering for it, and I didn't even know it.

I also have Vegan Planet, and it's a great book... but I haven't actually cooked anything from it. Just read through it and liked it.

I am intrigued. I mean, I exercise to win, so why not eat to win, right? What is on the regimen and what is off? Can you write a brief description to let those of us who are new to this something to give us an idea of what it requires? Thank you!

I am intrigued. I mean, I exercise to win, so why not eat to win, right? What is on the regimen and what is off? Can you write a brief description to let those of us who are new to this something to give us an idea of what it requires? Thank you!

DANG-IT you guys...x(

I told myself, "No more spending on fitness stuff until Cathe releases new workouts..."

Just bought this book used at Amazon. :eek: :* :eek:

DANG-IT you guys...x(

I told myself, "No more spending on fitness stuff until Cathe releases new workouts..."

Just bought this book used at Amazon. :eek: :* :eek:

Kate...:)...this book is what lead me to my Vegan way of eating. It is at least a good read...opens your eyes to some things. I ended up reading The Food Revolution by John Robbins right after ETL. I know I'll be Vegan the rest of my life. It requires you to cut out alot of animal protein and increase your veggie and fruit intake and more. Scared me at first because I never ever thought I would consider being Vegetarian let alone Vegan. There have been a few threads on it this one Shannon started:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=274691&mesg_id=274691&listing_type=search

and more: http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=270378&mesg_id=270378&listing_type=search

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=165114&mesg_id=165114&listing_type=search

Hope this helps some. I'd be happy to answer any questions...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.