Powerstrike fans

fitden

Cathlete
Hi, everyone!

Cathe is my absolutely favorite instructor--I adore her and always will--but that being said...

I just had to let someone know who wouldn't look at me like I had two heads for being so thrilled about this...I got really lucky at the Firm swap--got both Powerstrike Millenium 1 and 2!!! I have had a silly smile plastered to my face all day. Just before I wandered over to the swap, I had been at the powerstrike.com website, and had Powerstrike 1 in my "cart" (twice), but then removed it--they're not cheap! Can you imagine my surprise to see that they were JUST posted on the swap? On the rare occasion they do show up there, you pretty much have to be there the moment they are posted because they get taken so quickly! I feel like one LUCKY girl!

Thanks for listening...I am so excited to get these workouts! :)

Denise

Ha, Denise!

Too funny! You keep that "silly smile" because you are going to be very happy with your new tapes. They are the first tapes I have bought in more then two years that even come close to a Cathe tape! I, like you, just kept going to their site and ALMOST put them into the "cart" several times. I finally caved one day and did it. Sooo glad I did. It's funny, even though they are intense, I tend to pick them on a day I am more tired or just do not feel like jumping around. They are high intensity, but low impact. Have fun and keep us posted after you try them!! I can totally relate with your excitement!!! :-jumpy

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I love these tapes, too. I have only done each of them twice, since I just received them a couple weeks ago, but they are 10 times better than the new Christi Taylor tapes for getting a great workout. I have been pretty disappointed with Totally Cool Step and Totally Hot High-Low from her. They just don't get my heart going very much, and they are shorter than Christi's earlier tapes, so it has to be a really light day when I choose either one of these. Powerstrike, though, is tough, low impact, and I feel really strong when I am doing them.

Hi, I am interested in the difference between Powerstrike and Tai Bo and Cathe's kick box. Is Powerstrike more intense than Cahte's kickbox? I take a Kickbox class at my club that I find alot more challenging than Cathe's and am looking for a new kickbox tape. Please let me know where the intensity comes from in the Powerstrike tapes. And, whick one would I oreder?? Thanks for the info. dmd

I definitely think Powerstrike is more intense than Cardio Kicks. Cathe's tape builds in intensity, while Powerstrike is pretty intense from the get-go. The speed of the punching drills is greater in Powerstrike, I think, and then they add on some tough kicking drills to create longer combos. Cathe's tape uses a lot of space and moves you around a room, while the Powerstrike tapes are pretty much body room plus extensions of punches, kicks, squats. I think both Powerstrike tapes have about the same mix of kicks and punches, but the combinations are different. I found Powerstrike 2 somewhat easier to do the first time around, so I guess I would try that one first. (I bought BOTH, and am very pleased.)The two women also look like they have put in a lot of time in martial arts. Their technique looks flawless and professional. Cathe is, of course, great, but she just does not look like a martial arts expert IMHO.

They are low impact? Which one would you suggest if I could only get one? Are they good quality with new workout clothes? Do they look good and have good music?

Yes, they are definitely low impact. Even when you can jump, they also tell you that you can take steps. The quality is excellent (although I have heard that they have some earlier tapes which are poor video quality). I like the music, although it's the same on both millennium tapes, and it's repetitive. It works very well with the kicks and punches, however. I think the two women are terrific--especially the one with the Italian accent. She just LOOKS like she has been doing this for years. A great, tight, muscular body. The two women together sometimes face off and spar to show how the moves work with an opponent. The others in the background are obviously having fun. The two women have an obvious rapport and I find myself frequently smiling along with them.

Sorry--I forgot about a recommendation. I think 2 is slightly easier than 1, so I guess I would go with it.

Hi, everyone!

I'll be sure to let you know how I do with the tapes when I get them; hopefully that will help others who are interested in purchasing them!

Debbie, it sounds like we had the same experience on powerstrike.com (put it in the cart, take it out of the cart)! I'm so glad to hear the positive input on these tapes and I'm really excited about getting them! Like you, I also seem to choose Cardio Kicks on a day I'm feeling a little tired and don't feel like jumping around much, but it sure is a good workout!

Take care,
Denise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.