Postpartum: Clean Eating & Exercising Check in ?

Ok back to report.
Workout was Kelly Coffey's 30 min Muscle Def workout. I have all her new 30 min to fitness workouts. I think I will use them until the holiday rush is over. I just feel like I have no time for anything. I will add on days when I have time. On the 4th I plan on starting sts.
Eats for today
cereal/banana
ate a late breakfast so probably no snack..or an apple
pea soup, turkey sand
not sure about snack
gumbo for dinner

weight today 116.6

Hope everyone is feeling good today! Kara has been snoozing soooo good at night...at least 6 hours straight if not 7. Hope I didnt just jinx it! She is starting to laugh too....she's such a sweet baby!
bbl

Susan, I love it when wee-ones start to laugh. Mine laugh in their sleep sometimes....and they smile at me when they are done nursing. :D

I have some errands to do today...it's still so cold out (30 below w/windchill) so I won't be taking Myranda in for hgb yet....maybe Friday when it's supposed to be above zero.

I'm taking the boys to school tonight for Family Fun Night....we're making gingerbread houses.

B: egg,cheese,WW tortilla wrap + Mt Dew
S: coffee + 1/2 banana
L: steel cut oats + protein powder/butter + V8
S: protein smoothie
D: chili + veggies + milk
S: popcorn

*I really should add a latenight snack b/c I'm up so late....I normally eat a small bowl of cereal....such as Great Grains cereal.

Exercise: some form of kickboxing

I tried on my "fat pants" yesterday....they get stuck at my hips. My hips are not fat (my abdominal area is saggy)....so I'm sure I have some bone movement that has occured and takes some time to go down....exercise cannot move bone. LOL

STS Cardio is scheduled to ship out this week! YAHOO!! I'm planning on starting Insanity....so not sure how all this will play out yet....

Melanie-your night with the boys sounds fun!!! Kara smiled at me while nursing for the first time......too darn cute!
I had my soup but no sandwich..I forgot to make it. I have been doing some last minute online shopping while K is napping..shes due to be up any second now.

Morning
HOpe all our great moms got some sleep last night! Kara slept 6.5, nursed and is now back asleep.
Weight todayy 114.6 (dont know how that happened!)
Today is cardio-probably LIS or elliptical
Usually I am so planned out....I will be again after the holidays...I just cant think right now
Haley's school party is today at 1:30 so that will be fun.

be back to report about workout and my menu. after I take Hlaey to school I am running to the grocery, then back to workout when Kara naps.

Melanie-did you have fun at school last night?? HOw did your night go?
Jen-hows our James doing?
Christine-thinking about your family and looking forward to seeing pics of your precious John.
Allison-is Drew still sleeping better??
BBS

No workout yet. Just got back from the store and need to wrap a few presents for the party today etc. Kara is alseep, but will be up any time now.
Menu for today
1-ww toast with natural pb (for you melanie)/orange
2-banana
3-ww pita with tuna/apple/red wine vinegar, pea soup
4-odwalla bar
5-baked chicken, acorn squash with butter and brown sugar, brocolli

Gotta get busy. Waves to everyone!

what's a odwalla bar?

Yesterday I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I got a cold, and so did my little girls. :( I wasn't able to workout either...super sore from Coach Sean's CC from Sunday night. So......I'm going to try to do yesterday's menu today. LOL

The best part of my day yesterday was ginger bread house making at the school. Jory (my 15 year old) even joined us! So we made four of them...it was alot of fun. DH did great with the twins for 2 hours while we adventured outside in the cold weather!!

Susan, good job on weight loss. I haven't weighed myself in a long time...our scale is downstairs...as my bathroom has carpet (so I can't weigh myself on the scale)....

Waves!

Melanie-sorry you are sick!! Is there anything youcan give infants for a cold?
I remember trying to nurse Haley when she had a cold and stuffy nose...not fun.
Are you liking Insanity? I saw the infomercial for it and it looks tough!!!! You gingerbread house making sounds great!
I am excited about shock cardio!!
My plan is to workout this aftersoon..we'll see! I dont like anything to get in the way of working out in the morning..but I just had too much to do to get ready for Haley's party.

Susan, I haven't started Insanity yet...not strong enough....I"m excited to start though....I'm thinking 6 weeks postpartum I'll try to go at it!!

Haley's got a party? Duh?! I'm sure you told us...but I don't remember. Is it a Christmas party?

Can you say "NO DISCPLINE TODAY"? I can!

But the day isn't over, and I plan to reclaim it from this point on. Getting ready to do a workout, and plan to make a pot of soup or chili for dinner.

Melanie, hope you and the girls feel better soon. I've got the "bone spread" thing too. Had it last time too. It's frustrating, isn't it?

Susan, so you're skinnier now than you were pre-preg?!? Check you out and color me jealous. Of course, I have no right to say I'm jealous when I just ate a handful of chocolate covered raisins (dark chocolate, so they were healthy ROFL!).

Allison, you are so funny!!! I had my bad day yesterday, even went to Mc Donalds. LOL

Today I weighed myself,...lost another 2 lbs....so feeling good about that!!

Today was Punch Kick & Jam (Turbo Jam).

Hi Ladies!
Melanie-yes Haley had her school party today. Those kids were jacked up on some candy!!!! You go girl!..yayy on the loss!! Do you like Turbo Jam's?

Hi Allison! I am happy with the loss, but good old stress got me here..not discipline! I don't eat when Im upset. Things are back to normal..so Im just trying to maintain the loss.

No workout for me ...again! The party..and now I Have to run to wm when dh gets home for a gift for Haley to take to the gymnastics,,,,geezz when does spending money end????

KK is up..bbl

Morning
Melanie-I have really been thinking of getting TB...its pretty low impact high int, right?
A good night here. Kara slept from 930-almost 5...nursed, burped and is back asleep. She nurses non stop during the day...but thats ok if she sleeps like that!
SHe goes for her 2mo checkup/shots today.
Eats were mostly clean yesterday. Last night I had hot chocolate and a biscotti...but stayed within my calories.
Will post food in a little while when I decide what to eat! Workout will be cardio I HOPE! Dr this morning then Haley gets out of school at 1:30..so we'll see. This weekend we go to Mississippi for a wedding Sat night and then Kara's baptism on Sunday...busy busy busy!

Wow Susan, Kara is a good sleeper!....and YOU are so busy!! Susan, I love turbo jam....I wouldn't say it's low impact though (there are modifiers). Did you pre-order STS Cardio?

My Vita Mix Blender will arrive today. I've wanted one for so long....I'm hoping it'll aid in my weight loss adventure.

As far as my diet goes....I should just plan on having a Mountain Dew for breakfast....b/c that's what I end up doing EVERY morning. It's so nice to list a menu...but I dont always follow thru with it. :(

I plan on taking Myranda to lab this AM for hgb....I'm almost 2 weeks late in doing this! :eek: But it's been so darn cold here. I did weigh her on my scale & she was up to 5 lbs 13 oz (was 4 lbs 6 oz two weeks ago). I didn't weigh Madalynn...but she's a good pound or more heavier.

Will post menu later.... DD#1 is screaming!!

Melanie-give yourself that 1 mountain dew for now....when you are ready you will do away with it. You probably need the caffeine right now!
A sleeping baby is very new to me. Haley NEVER slept. The instant I put Haley down she would fuss..and that went on around the clock for years! By this time with Haley I was ripping my hair out! I put Kara down half awake and she goes to sleep. What I am worried about is when I move her from the bassinet to a flat mattress...wont be long now. For this bassinet it is reccommend to move them at 3 months or when they can roll over. So we'll see
Ok what is a vitamix blender???
Great on the girls wieght gain! Hope all goes well for Myranda's lab check!

So far food wise today
1 banana, 2 clemintines
Gonna have some pb/toast in a few
Lunch will be pea soup...the last of it
Odwalla or string cheese/apple/kashi crakcers for snack
not sure about dinner
Ok..gotta get ready for Kara's appt. I hate waking her up..especially to go get shots

Hello everyone!!!
I'm so happy to be back on track. We finally have internet at home. Baby Daniel is 10 days old today and here is my story... I was admitted to the hospital on Dec 6th, the plan was to give some medications to soften my cervix and start induction 12 hrs later, however, when I arrived to the hospital my cervix was super soft and I was 2cm dilated, they did put something in my cervix to speed things up and 3 hrs later I was 5cmm dilated and my water broke. That's when they offered me the epidural. I was not hurting bad at all but the nurse told me that they were getting ready for pitusin and that if I was going to get it, that was the perfect time so I went ahead and got it. At 8 am my Dr came to the hospital and I was 8-9 cm, she decided to go back to the office and one hour later I was ready to push with the nurse. She said I'll count until 10 and you push, I only made it to count #2 and she told me to stop (the baby was right there!) so they called the Dr and 2 pushes later, Daniel was here. I did get an episiotomy and was anemic right after so they release me on iron supplements 2 days after. He's a blessing! I'm nursing him pretty much full time but I found myself giving him about 2 ounces of formula at midnight. His dr wants me to breast feed full time, no pacifier, no bottles etc. It's hard but I'm doing my best. He has an appointment today for a check up.

Melanie, what a great idea of starting this check in. We all need motivation to loose the baby weight. 10 days post partum and I'm 18 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight. I too love Turbo Jam, I actually did Cadio Party #2 two days ago and I want to work out today, not sure what to do yet.

Christine, I read your posts and you have been in my prayers.

Allison, I want to get that journal you mentioned, i'll check it out. 5 years ago I lost about 20 pounds and I know how powerful it is to log everything you eat

WOW Susan, that's great that Kara slepps that well. I'm hoping mine shifts in that direction. He wakes up every 2-3 hrs to nurse.

I have attached some pics

Check back later and Waves to everyone else

Attachments

• 16450_106401449372699_100000085331475_164895_5135836_n[1].jpg
    16450_106401449372699_100000085331475_164895_5135836_n[1].jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 16450_106401372706040_100000085331475_164893_912140_n[1].jpg
    16450_106401372706040_100000085331475_164893_912140_n[1].jpg
    26 KB · Views: 16
Hi Pricilla!! Great to see you. THanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a great birth. Daniel is adorable! Hope you are feeling good...tired Im sure...but good. Im promise, Daniel will sleep longer..hang in there..it took Kara a good 7 weels or so

Kara's first shots are done...whew..I think it was harder on me than her. She weighs 11.10....dr says everything looks great. We go back at 4 mos. With Haley I was told to start cereal around 4 months or later. Kars' dr says nothing but breastmilk until 6 months. That is totally fine with me....the longer the better. She is zonked out of me now..gonna go put her in bed a get some stuff done.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.