Post run euphoria

I'm sitting here with my feet in a bucket of ice water, eating a protein smoothie and feeling good. I just ran 15 miles in 2 hours and 12 minutes. That's an 8:48 pace so I'm on track for a 4 hour marathon! I'm so excited and asking for good vibes, prayers, whatever, that I can finish the training injury free and accomplish my goal of qualifying for Boston. Thank you!!!!:D :D :D :D

WOW!!!!!http://bestsmileys.com/signs15/11.gif[/img] Elaine! I know the feeling when you accomplish the pace you are wanting too. Doing great. Are you still following the FIRST program and running 3 days a week?..http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/jogging.gif[/img]...Carole

Elaine that is awesome! Way to go! You should feel good and give yourself a big pat on the back!

Good luck to your continued progress! :) :)

Jo

I am so proud of you!!

I have never run more than 8 miles at once. I admire your goal and your drive to attain it.

I am sending best wishes that you remain injury free and qualify for Boston. When and where are you planning on qualifying for Boston?

Wow, 15 miles at your pace! That's TOUGHER than back-to-back Bootcamp. I salute you, Elaine.:) Good luck on your marathon.

Pinky

Elaine,
I'm with so with you!! I went to school with someone with your name and I am exactly your age...I had to do a double check to see if you were her. Although I know from you're pictures you are not...every single time I see your name I get warm fuzzies!!! I am 100% rooting for you!!

Robin:)

WOW!!! <<Good Vibes :) Good Vibes :) Good Vibes>>

My friend is wanting to me to join her in a 5k/10K (Me the 5k her the 10k) this weekend. You ROCK!!

May the good health fairies bestow wonderful fairy dust on you.

Good luck and best wishes.

Sami

Elaine,

That is so AWESOME!!!!!! I hope some day I can run like you, Carole and Beverly! I am in awe!

When is your marathon? I know marathon season is fastly approaching! I am currently training for a 1/2...it's in about 6 weeks! I did a 1/2 today for the first time but it was on my treadmill...still felt pretty darn good!

ALSO, does soaking the feet after a long run really help? (It must if your doing it) How soon after your run and for how long?

Fill us in on the details!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.