post partum mommy check in dec 24th

morris

Cathlete
hi everyone

i really just wanted to say a belated merry christmas and see how everyone's holiday was. ours was so blessed with finn here. very very low key, mind you - a 6 month old just doesn't need a lot! but we had very special family time, and no traveling which, while i miss our families, i really appreciated not going anywhere.

finn has his 6 month check up tomorrowand is doing just great. i cannot wait to see how big he is. he is still not interested in solids. i have maybe gotten 2 bites of food per feeding in, but i just keep introducing it, and i am trying different fruits and veggies every 3 days. i guess he just doesn't need anything more.

i'll post workouts later. overall things are a lot less active for me these days, and i find that somewhat hard to deal with, but i am trying to have realistic expectations of what i can do. easier said than done, but i have somuch to eb thankful for, i cannot complain.

how is everyone?

Morris, I am sure your non active days are filled with more workouts than anyone else! Merry christmas to everyone and happy hanukah to any other jewish mommies out there. I am jewish, hubby is catholic so my girls got to celebrate both. Alexis loved opening presents, and for hanukah she got to open 8 nights of presents for herself and Ashley. Ashley is a chow hound and now loves crackers. Morris, keep at it with solids and ask the dr. tomorow for advice.Is he still getting up with the sun? My weight was at prepreggo lst week but is up 2 pounds after christmas. Christmas was big and we went to sis in laws where my girls celebrated with their cousins.

happy holidays everyone! this is my first post in the postpartum check as I just become a mom 3 weeks ago.

last week i took it easy and did 3 30 min low impact cardios and 1 strength training for arms...i started another arm session on xmas eve but was interrupted by family arriving:) and never finished it.

i have quite a bit of work to do to get back into shape, but i'll just take things slowly - workout when im not so sleep deprived and feeling good. i am concerned that dd is not up to her birth weight yet (she was 8 lbs 12 oz and is now 8 lbs 9 oz) - and im nursing her...exercise shouldn't contribute to this problem? she seems healthy, happy though! even started to smile at dh and i which was heartwarming. a nice xmas present!

we just had the in laws over for xmas...don't have a lot of family here in england - just dh's and he's an only child. i'm glad it was simple and low key though. had too much pumpkin pie :+ i have decided not to weigh myself until 6 weeks...and just concentrate on establishing good habits right now...and then work on my weight from mid January...I am guessing I have about 35 pounds to lose.

annie

Annie, be patient. Right now you are still carrying alot of water weight. I wouldn't worry about a 3 ounce weight loss especial in an almost 9 pound baby. My girls were a little over 6 pounds each at birth and didn't reach 8 pounds for a while. Morris and I may be close to prepregnancy shape but hers is 6 months old, mine is 7 months old. Welcome!

Mom to Ashley elizabeth -5/19/06
and Alexis rose-9/12/03

Hey everybody,

I am new here and was hoping to join in. My daughter is 5 weeks old. I am just starting to ease back into working out. I was pretty advanced prior to getting preggers working out 6x a week with a mixture of weights, running and step. I couldn't workout during my pregnancy due to complications and at 5 months was even put on full bedrest (sucked). So needless to say I am outta shape right now. I worked out 2x this week. I am shooting for 4 days a week until I go back to work at the end of Feb then I am hoping to get in 5 because I can run during lunch. I just wanted to have others to talk to because I know it's gonna be super hard being outta shape and having a little one to take care of. My husband is awesome though so I have alot of help. I have about 15lbs. left to lose. Thanks.

Jenni

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.