Post Partum Check In Week of June 11

wendymin72

Cathlete
Hi new mommies!

Well I started working out lightly on friday. It's great! I didn't work out over the weekend but this morning I did Basic Step and the stability ball abs. It feels really good even to do an easy work out like BS. I was feeling so BLAH because I wasn't moving around. I intended to do lots of walking but I don't have a treadmill and the weather here got too hot FAST therefore, walking was quickly eliminated from the plan! I went to the mall one day it first got hot to walk but the mall is too far of a ride to do that all of the time.

Had one heck of a busy weekend! Joey and I visited my aunt and my mom on friday afternoon/evening. Saturday we went with DH to his company picnic, then out to dinner and then for a walk on the boardwalk by my house. Sunday we went to DH's cousin's house for a swim and to hang out for a while and then we went bowling at night. BUSY weekend...it was lots of fun though!

Gotta go give Joey a bath now...we are going out. Heading to my job to visit! Gotta show him off you know! ;) :p :+

Have a fantastic week everyone!

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Hi all!

Last week went well. My brother is in town. It is so nice to have an extra set of hands. Rylee is doing well. She still has a crying fit everynight around 7pm. I bought some mylicon drops and will see if this helps her gas issues.

Rylee has started to smile back at me! It is so cute! I can also tell that she is trying to talk and makes all these cute noises.

I still haven't started working out but I plan to next week if I can find some time.

Also I just accepted a new job!!! It is in DC so we will be moving in August! It's going to be a crazy summer!

Hi Mommies! On Friday, I drove one hour north to visit my parents and my in-laws. It is so nice to have all this extra help with Andy. I am so used to having to rush around when we visit on the weekends, so I decided to stay a few extra days. My DH had to start grad class today, so he went back with a friend last night. He misses us a lot, but at least he can catch up on his sleep:)

I don't know if it's because of the heat (I know, excuses) or what, but I have not been motivated to workout much.
Here are my workouts from last week:
Mon: HC Extreme-legs/cardio
Tues: walk-20 min
Wed: off
thurs: KPC (1/2 hour cardio segment), Push/Pull upper body, 10 min. abs from Basic Step and BF
Fri: 20 min. walk
Sat: off
Sun: swimming in my sister's pool (not serious swimming)

I just ordered GS Legs, and I am contemplating ordering either Low Max or the new kickboxing workout. My birthday is coming up on the 20th, so I can ask for one (or more).

I had Andy in the pool yesterday, and he liked it. I put him in a small innertube, and he wasn't sure at first, but then he kept smiling and cooing.

Wendy-I took a look at your pics of Joey (he is adorable). Imani-where are you moving from? I have a lot of relatives in the DC area (in MD-Montgomery and Frederick Counties).

Have a wonderful week!
-Jen

Jen,

We live in Colorado now. Both of our families live on the east coast (MD-Baltimore County and NC) so we are looking forward being closer to family. Especially now that we have Rylee!

Imani

I am so excited- Eric made major attempts tp roll over to one side from his back today! He would have succeeded too if his arm wasn't in the way...;-)

I didn't do much cardio in this heat...

Sun. Walking 60 min. + Cathe CTX Abs 10 min
Mon. Mindy- Extreme Intervals 45 min.
Tues. Kathy FF Lower Strength 20 min. + Cathe CTX Abs
Thurs. Cathe Kickmax Timesaver 48 min. + Walk 45 min.
Sat. Cathe Musclemax Upper Strength + Core

Thank God there's a break in the heat wave today!

Jen V

Wendy,

It is absolutely gorgeous!! I will definitely miss the mountains when we move. I'm just glad we got to spend 3 years here plus we are taking back the best souvenir (little Rylee)!

Imani

So I got the OFFICIAL clearance from my doc yesterday that I can resume my normal life again! That means no holds barred on my exercise! YIPPEEE! :7 So yesterday I did ctx 10*10*10/ctx back work/l&g floor only premix and today I did push pull. 10*10*10 was GREAT when you don't have to modify it! What a difference being able to do the high impact as-is does for your work out! I was sweatin' up a storm! It was great! }(

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.