Please...low-fat, low-carb options

Loriv

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-01 AT 01:49PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-01 AT 01:48 PM (Est)[/font]

I live with a husband who claims to be a "health-freak", but continuously eats junkfood (popcorn, cookies, peanut butter - my favorite - toast, etc.). I have been doing so well lately, but it seems I am losing my willpower and it leads me to a vicious cycle. I eat the junk, I put off my morning workouts - which leads me to do them in the evening and then I totally skip my evening workout, then I eat more and more junk. This week alone I have eaten 2 Quarter pounder with cheese extra value meals, a DQ Blizzard, and a chocolate eclair!!! I am so upset that I want to cry : ( Do I have an eating problem or is this common sometimes??? I just about always eat healthy, but tend to eat the same things all week for breakfast and lunch. I may need to mix it up a little, but I just can't seem to find any food that sounds good. I am hypoglycemic so I need to eat smaller meals more often, but I just don't have any ideas. Does anyone have any good recipes, or cook books with recipes that don't take a lot of time and money to make? I love salads, but live in Ohio and when I am cold, I want something warm to eat. I need to get back on track before I gain this weight back!!! I love the way I feel when exercising, but I am so bored with indoor workouts (because of the cold weather), not being able to eat fresh fruit or vegetables (unless I am wrapped in a blanket), etc. Thank you!

Also, can someone tell me how to find the "recipes" that are supposed to be on this website? They are talked about in earlier postings??? : ) : )

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-01 AT 03:21PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-01 AT 03:20 PM (Est)[/font]

Hi, I am also hypoglycemic and love peanut butter!!!!

Please feel free to e-mail me if you would like to just talk one-on-one and share ideas. ([email protected]) I am in the process of dumping 12 pounds I gained over the last 18 months. Here's a typical food day for me:

1 three eggwhite omlette
1/2 english muffin
1 orange peeled and sectioned

or

1 cup of Kashi with 1 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup canned light peaches.

Snack:

1 cup of baby tomatoes and peeled baby carrots

Lunch

1 whole wheat Pita

filled with:
2 oz shredded cooked chicken breast
2 tablespoons light ranch dressing
1 tablespoon chopped onion
6 thin slices of cucumber

or

1 cup of 2 percent cottage cheese with salsa (I live in California and we put salsa of anything!)
snack:

1 chopped Fuji Apple sprinkled with 3 packs Equal and tsp cinnamon. Warmed in the microwave for a couple of minutes - delish!

Dinner

Large green salad with dressing and 2-3 oz of lean protein.

I try to avoid a lot of carbs because of my blood sugar and make sure I get 5 cups of veggies (raw or cooked) and two fruits.

I also abhor extremely low fat diets. I think (in my very uneducated opinion) that extremely low fat diets are self-defeating and will eventually fail.

I'm doing pretty well so far. It's a long road back but I can't think of anything that tastes as good as losing weight feels!

I hope this helps.
Take care
Donna

Would it help you to actually give yourself permission to have one pig-out day per week? I'm a real junk food junky, and I can't imagine NEVER eating junk. I'm good all week, then on Friday, look out!!!

You could also allow yourself a little not-so-bad junkfood every day, like lower fat popcorn, fat free sugar free pudding, and such. I have my little goodie every night, and my pig out day once a week. You can do this and still lose weight.

We feel your pain!!! Been there, done that!!!!!

As for the morning workouts, make an appointment with yourself to workout at a certain time, then DO IT!!!! After a couple of weeks, it'll get easier, and you'll be glad you're getting it over with early in the day.

All of this takes experimentation...everyone's different, so you can glean from all our advice, such as it is. :)

agree with "Bunch". Do IT in the morning.}>
Have you tried the fat free light yogurts for a snack or a breakfast or a lunch? Generally around 120 calories between all of the brands, the flavors are delish: banana, vanilla, coconut, strawberry, even yoplait has a boston creme pie flavor... I like this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.