Please Help! Working out and Pregnant???

SarahLA

Hello ladies!

I have not been to this forum in quite a while. But I am now 14 weeks pregnant!!! :) I am very excited and it has been going well, with no problems.

My question is......I had stopped working out for about a year and a half before I got pregnant this past August. At that time, I was an advanced excerciser. What does anyone recommend to get back into exercising while I'm pregnant? I want to stay active, and it is too cold to walk outside now. But I am not familiar with what women do for workouts while they are pregnant. And would it be bad to start exercising now at 14 weeks? I want to be in shape and feeling good before I give birth! Lord knows we need the strength!

Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks,
Sarah (mommy-to-be-in-May!)

Congrats on your pregnancy! May is a perfect time for delivery. I would recommend slowly easing your way back into exercise. Experts always say that pregnancy isn't a time to train harder, rather to keep/maintain physical activity. Yoga, light weights,walking, would be great ways to burn calories & get into shape.

Melanie
Baby boy due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Congratulations. Listen to your body and start with pregnancy videos my favorite was Fit for 2, made for advanced exercisers who are pregnant, it is fun but not too intense. If you feel up to it, try using current videos you own but modify low and only do what you can comfortably do without overexerting. Elyse mom of 9 week old Alexis

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.