Pg with Boy - or New Mom with Baby Boy

StaceyDeLapp

Cathlete
I have a question for you ladies that are/are going to be mothers of boys. I was at my dr. appt on Fri last week and told my dr that I seem to be breaking out more than normal. She said that is really indicative of being pg with a boy and that is the only truth to the wives tales that are out there. I think I remember this being true when pg with my son, but that was 7 years ago, so it's hard to remember. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience. If you're pg with a girl/just had a girl, and feel that your skin was worse during pg, feel free to respond too. My forehead is just breaking out so much and has since before I even knew I was pg. I am not sure if it started before I actually conceived or not. Thank God for bangs! They are the only thing allowing me out of the house these days. (Actually, it's not that bad. They are small and never actually surface, but I never in my life had a zit on my forehead - not even as a teenager, so this really sucks!)

Just curious. I do really feel as if I'm having another boy, but just trying to "cheat" the system before my ultrasound at the end of the month. Since I already have one of each, it really doesn't matter what I'm having. DH and I would be happy with either.

Stacey
EDD 09-16

Hi Stacey

I broke out the worst with my third child, who happened to be a girl:). I tend to have clear skin--occaisional zit now and then, but thats it, but during this pregnancy, especially during the 1st trimester and the 1st part of the 2nd, it was really bad--my back and neck and cheeks and forehead--fortunatly it went away without a trace.

I was also waaaay sicker with my girls than with my boys (but I have heard of women who were the opposite), also I carried my girls down low, while the boys rode higher and gave me heart burnx(

I'm babbling...
Let us know if your hunch is correct:)

Maggie

I have a boy and am pregnant with a boy. I did not and have not had any unusual breakouts. I have not heard of that wives tale. I don't think there is any positive indication of gender until you have an ultrasound or give birth. That's just my opinion! I can't wait until you find out what you're having. It's so fun!

I have 3 boys and a girl and my skin wasn't any different with any of them.

My morning sickness and heartburn was worse with my boys, but my girl was my last pregnancy, so I could also say that each time it got better.

I agree with Kelly about none of those things indicating the gender of the baby.

Erica

Thanks for your response, guys. That's why I posted because I have heard it so much lately that I was wondering if it was true or not. It really surprised me that my dr bought into that one. I feel that you have more hormones going through your body and that is enough to cause more breakouts whether you're pregnant with a boy or a girl. I was sweating so much more during my workouts earlier in m pregnancy (before I even knew) as I was doing much more intense workouts. I remember finishing Kick Punch and Crunch all the way through and just being amazed at the amount of sweat dripping from my face because, although I sweat during my workouts, it was never that much. I think my body was just trying extra hard to cool down since it knew it was pg even though I didn't. That may be why I was breaking out so much more too.

I had the worst morning sickness when pg with my son. It was still pretty bad with my daughter. My 3rd pg has been much more mild, but I still don't feel that great until after 11:00 and sometimes, not even then. I had 2 weeks where I was really sick. Much better but still frustrating, and I do feel as if it interferes greatly with my workouts. I force them but they're not easy. I do find that when I workout later in the day, it is better, but I hate putting it off as then I may not get to it at all.

Looking forward to more resonses!

Take care
Stacey

Hi Stacey--I am 24 weeks pregnant with my second. I have a 3 yr. old little girl and we found out about a month ago that this is a little boy. I have definitely noticed some differences in this pregnancy. With my daughter, I was sick, sick, sick, morning, noon, and night for about 2 months. This time, I was still sick (actually only bowing to the porcelain gods once) but it lasted about 2 weeks. Much shorter.

With my daugter, at my prenatal checkups her heartrate was always around 155-170. Pretty high. This little boy is proving the old wives tale true in that his heartrate is around 130-150. I would also say that he is much more active than my daughter.

I know that some people really can't tell a difference between their pregnancies, but I definitely can tell a difference between this one and my previous one.

Hope this helps!!!
Good luck!!
Jessi
EDD 7/25

Old wise tales die hard :)

**Melanie**
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Hi everyone! I just checked in this forum haven't been here in ages. I have a 10 month old baby boy! I didn't break out at all during my pregnancy; in fact, my skin was really radiant. I suspect breakouts are not indicative of anything but just hormonal etc. and not related to gender.

Hi!
I have 2 sons and 2 daughers , and with all 4 pregnancies, my skin was equally awful. I break out like a teenager when pregnant. My baby is now 4 months old and my skin is just now starting to get back to its normal clear self.

My skin is much with this pregnancy, a boy, than it was with my daughter. Of course, my skin care products are much better too, and I believe this is making all the difference. These old wives' tales can be fun though!

I had my son Max nearly 16 months ago now but remember my skin being amazing throughout pregnancy! I take all old wives' tales with a huge pinch of salt I'm afraid!

hmm, having just found out this weekend that I am pregnant with a boy - my face is the clearest it has ever been! It doesn't matter what I use on my face, it pretty much is staying clear. HTH

Hi Stacey,

I just found out I'm pregnant with a boy, due about the same time as you, 9-12, and my face has been breaking out a lot too. Maybe it's just September babies..lol.

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.