Pet clean up question

toughYrun

Cathlete
Last night, on my almost brand new bedspread, my tiny 3.25 lb yorkshire terrier, Trixie, threw up a hairball not much smaller than she is. Unfortunately the bedspread requires dry cleaning. I'm hoping someone can tell me they know of a way to clean just the spot that she left without compromising the fabric.

Thanks!

Elaine, you could probably just use Resolve. Personally I don't believe those labels--I have a new, pretty expensive & delicate looking comforter, I've run it through the washer & dryer a couple times & it came out just fine.

If you're really concerned, test it on a non-visible spot, maybe a corner or underneath. But if you're too nervous to try it, put some Woolite on a damp cloth & blot it, then wipe it (always blot first to avoid spreading it even further).

I use the spray OxiClean. It was a lifesaver when we still had carpet. Whatever you use, if you spot treat, do not make the mistake of spraying too much, then needing too much water to get the soap out, and then leaving a bigger stain from the water mixing with the puke and none of it getting out all the way! (Yep, done it before!):eek:

when my cat throws up fur balls i wait for it to dry then its easy to pick up with no mess on the carpet

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.