Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/24

Today was D20 Legs. The leg workouts in this mesocycle uses Trisets. That’s another concept that I like. Workout time was 58 minutes and 385 calories burned. Average heart rate was 127 and maximum heart rate 159. I also did Jessica Smith’s 15 Minute Calorie Blaster. Calories for that was 117, average heart rate 130, and maximum heart rate 147.

Diane Sue, I’m glad that someone is coming to look at your Tread Climber. Hopefully he can fix it. They cost way too much to be a “throw away”. If we have an appliance or piece of equipment that’s not working it definitely requires a repairman. My husband has no handyman skills and no interest! He is happy to pay for a repair.

Lori, I’ve looked at some Linda Woolridge videos, but only barre. She does have quite a bit on YouTube.

Hello to everyone and have a great day.

Good evening ladies!

I did not like the scheduled BBS Dance workout so I subbed in a 20min dance and then a 22 min dance tramp. This morning was 42 mins and 275 cal. Tonight was a 1.95 mile power walk with GiGi only to stop for her swim. 43 mins / 210 cal. SB has her Fall Challenge starting pn Monday so going to incorporate some of the workouts in during the week when I can. Will be hard with walking GiGi. GiGi is a must so we'll see how it goes.

Deb...I think you will find quite a few workouts by Linda you may like. Her library is huge! We have not reached the 90's but have come close.

Carolyn...I really liked the leg routines in meso 2. The 15 min cardio blaster is a good one.

Diane Sue...i am the same way with the discus throws and kept them at 5lb when I did this workout. I love shepards pie!!!!

Have a great night all!!!!!!

We did a hike today about 8 miles. The elevation makes it tough 7500 feet plus it was "horsey" mostly on the way back. The only others on the trail was a horse party of 8. We saw all kinds of tracks deer elk and moose. No critters but tracks are next best. Lovely out there but cold to start and then warming up to around 60. That's warm to me for hiking.

It is helpful to be resourceful. Since so much stuff is not built to last I hate using and tossing but it must make sense for companies to do things that way. We wore out a precor treadmill and bought a second one but it was defective and got replaced by precor. They tried to fix it but finally I said "enough'. I kept getting electric shocks. So sometimes things are not fixable.

Carolyn, sometimes it is better to call out someone for a repair rather than deal with the frustration while trying to do a job yourself without the right tools. It is nice to save some money though. Labor alone can be costly and I have seen some repairmen overcharge for parts.

Lori, I remember when my daughter's golden retriever would go swim in their pond and come back in the house. She smelled bad. She said it hardly was worth it to try to give her a bath. I don't think the dogs go to the pond that they have now. It could be because the fencing to keep the cows in have blocked them somewhat. I made two pans of shepherds pie. One for my husband and one son in law along with small children who do not like veggies all that much. The other had the onions, organic peas, and organic corn in it. I have some left so froze it in individual servings. I am afraid if I went heavier on those discus throws I would injure something. It is easier to control the movement with light weight.

Valerie, that is nice that you got in a hike today. Too bad you didn't get to see the critters. Yes, some things are not fixable. I had an Ionic Breeze I kept in our bedroom and it quit shortly after we got it, they replaced it with a refurbished one and it lasted for a long time. I finally had to toss it because I was afraid to turn it on after I cleaned it. It would zap me every time. Then one time I just touched it when going to bed and it zapped me. That is when it went in the trash. The thing is that the tread climber runs, it is just not aligned right and I think it could use a belt.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday...but I did go to agility class with Kylee. It was fun.

Diane Sue, any idea when you will be getting your car back? Thanks for the link to KCM's new workouts. I checked it out....will need reminders to go over and do the presale...so let's keep this info going in our thread..LOL...:).

Carolyn, great job on the leg workout! Yep...same here...we hire repairmen...but John can do some small things.

Lori, yes, Gigi is now going to be waiting for that walk each night. :).

Valerie, the hike sounds great!. Yes, I think if something is giving you electric shocks, it would be wise for the company to replace it.

Definitely a workout today, no excuses! Something total body....

Take care,

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did 4 DS Lower Body weights premix. This was the first regular leg workout that I've done in a while. I was very careful and went light with the deadlifts, but I used heavier weights for all the other moves. I can definitely feel some DOMS setting in, but my back is fine so far. I'm taking today as a rest day. We are getting a new washer and dryer delivered this morning so that will keep me busy.

Deb-I saved the link for the KCM workouts on my desktop, but I will need to set a reminder to do the preorder in October.

Diane Sue-Thanks for the link. I've been wondering about the new KCM workouts. Looks like a good set.

Carolyn-Great job with STS Legs! I love trisets too.

Valerie-Nice hike! That elevation would be challenging for me, not to mention doing 8 miles.

Lori-I ordered a couple more of Linda's DVDs this week. She does have a huge collection of workouts. We got into 90's for several days in a row, but now that is over and we are back to normal fall weather, with highs in the 60's.

Have a great day!

Judy

Today I did Rockout Knockout, 57 minutes, 403 calories, heart rate average 126, max 152, 4,728 steps. I would have done the heavy bag, but the Fitness equipment service guy is supposed to come for my Tread Climber.

Deb, I will be sure to remind about the pre-sale start for KCM. I would have been ready to do it last night if it was ready. I checked out her facebook and she said the 10th after filming. That is nice that the agility class with Kylee was fun :) The service department is trying to get my car back to me, but would really like to get it back with the problem resolved. I told them I can wait a bit. I don't want winter to hit and me stuck out in freezing weather and not able to turn the car on.

Judy, that is great that your back is okay. 4 Day Split lower body is a good one to start back with. I am anxious to get Kelly's new workouts. They sound like they will be good.

I wrote a post earlier from my iPad but it was not saved when the connection was lost. These intermittent problems are somewhat annoying and I hope they are corrected soon. My workout was IMAX 2, intervals 1-7 and interval 10 for 51 minutes and 367 calories. Average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate 150.

Hello to everyone and I hope you are having a good day.

We did a mt bike for hour and a half and then I did high reps upper and abs. I don't want to backslide too much and the week can be like that with 2 total driving days

Incredible they can't get your car fixed. Hope the repair guy can get the tread lumber fixed. Hard to spend too much money if it's a lost cause though.

Good evening ladies!

This morning was a BBS arms workout plus a jumprope one. I did the jumprope (without the jumprope) on my rebounder and held 1lb hand weights. Nice little workout. 31 mins / 205 cal. This was my only workout. Worked late today and was unable to take GiGi. We threw the ball in the yard to her for her excercise. She was happy. :)

I do not think I mentioned my husband bought me a Bellicon for my Bday. I have been so crazy busy with my conference pretty sure I never mentioned. He asked one day what I wanted and I said I would love the small bellicon with the strongest cords they have. Never thinking he was serious. Well he was and that is what I use for my fast pace workouts now. I like the stronger cords. It gives a firm bounce so I am able to keep up with the fast pace bounces and powerjumps. Was hard to keep up with the jumpsport even set on the tighest tension. He said when ordering he had no idea what colors to select and that was the hardest for him. I gave my smaller jumpsport to Cheslie (my sons GF) and she is thrilled!! I still love the larger jumpsport and this is what I do all my barre/bounces on. The firmness of the bounce really plays a huge roll in your workouts. My husband does think I am a little obsessed, but he sees the joy I get from it, so that is why he was ok buying it for me. Plus I think he had know clue what to buy me!!!! Lol!!

Valerie...wow 8 mile hike. That is awesome!!!!!!

Diane Sue...I saw Kelly's post and at first I thought I would buy it as it really is a great pre sale price but then I know I will never do them. I have a few of her workouts and love when I do them but I never reach for them. So I am going to pass. Hoping you were able to get the tread climber fixed. Haven't seen a rebounding workout from Amy Bento and a while. Wonder why she stopped. Thought she was going to post more frequently?

Judy...great your back is good after that workout. I have 2 of Linda's dvds that I bought early summer. I think I read about her over at VF and thought I'd try her. I really like her. The dvds I have are resista-barre total body workout which is all bands and really great! The other is mix and match hiit. Which has 5 mini workouts. Another great one. I bought these to have more variety when I travel and they do not disappoint!

Deb...I could see she was very sad we were not going for a walk. She quickly got over it when I said "get your squeaky ball". She knew exactly that we were going to play ball. Dogs can be so smart!!!

Carolyn...I love Imax 2! The music is really fun.

Today's Live class looked good. She used the Fit Tower. Going to fit it in over the weekend.

Have a great night all!

Carolyn, it is so annoying to type a post and lose it. The ones i really hate are when i type out weights and details. The details usually are left out the next time.

Valerie, thats good that you are getting your workouts in. The tread climber is fixed for now. It was around 120 dollars. I think we are going to go ahead and have the belts and maybe one of the running boards replaced. The belts are wearing and one is coming apart at the seam. He is going to send the price to me. It would still cost way less than a new piece of equipment. This guy has his own business and takes care of fitness centers like Orange Therapy. I keep expecting to hear something from the car dealership on my car. I used my husbands this afternoon to get a ome errands ran.

Lori, i think dogs just love us to pay attention and play with them. Gertie loves to play ball. They are so smart. I think they understand a lot more th a n people think they do. Gertie bought my husband her bone and he told her to go get her ball. She looked around and I said its upstairs. She ran upst a irs as nd flew back down with it. That is great that you got a Bellicon. I always thought i would want the firmer tension bands. I always thought of it as the ultimate of the rebounders. You are lucky. I keep checking Amy Bento too. She seems to have other things going when I read her facebook. She just changed her facebook page picture.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did High Reps, 69 minutes, 356 calories. This is a tough one! I seemed to remember doing it before, but it must have been just a couple of times. The core work was hard.

Judy, did you do the workout with the kickboxing, or just the weight part? I like that Cathe has a premix on this one that switches it so you can do the weights first, then if you don't want to do the KB part, you can just go to the cool down.

Diane Sue, thanks for being the "KCM Reminder" for us! I think that is a good idea to have them keep the car for a while...hopefully they will get it figured out soon. Great that you got the tread climber fixed.

Carolyn, hope your internet issue is resolved soon....so frustrating!

Valerie, it was because of you that I dug out High Reps yesterday...:)

Lori, that is great that you got that new Bellicon for your B-Day. I have to be honest, I have no idea what the differences are in the ones you mentioned. Good that you have another way to get that "extra energy" out of Gigi when you can't do the walk with her. Our dogs go crazy when we throw a ball for them. I have to close the other one in the front hall when throwing for one....they would not "play well" if we tried to throw the ball when both were out there together.

A workout, maybe the treadmill....and Keegan needs a bath..

Take care,

Deb- I just did the weight part. I always do the weights first premix on this one. Like you said, if I don't feel like doing the KB part I can just finish after the weights. 4 DS has some of the best premixes. I'm hoping that the new Fit Split series is going to be similar.

Lori-I just looked at the resista-barre total body workout and I put it on my wishlist. It looks like a good one. I agree about the variety. I saw Linda's workouts mentioned on Facebook and decided to give them a try. They are more challenging than I had expected and I'm looking forward to doing more of them.

Diane Sue-I'm really looking forward to KCM's new workouts too.

Deb, nice workout yesterday. I know inused to do High Reps a lot,but just dont remember it that well.. i guess that is good because then it is sort of new when i pull it out again. I will say Bellicon rebounders are up at the high end price range. I think the top priced one is around 900.00. Thy have choices of bright colored cords . I like the look of the mat on them. You can get different levels of bounce by which cords you choose.

Judy, I bet Cathe has plenty of prmixes like 4 Day Split. I did like that DS had circuits, only cardio , only weights, etc. So many options are there for what you might want to get in for a particular day.

Good Morning,
Today I did D21 Back and Biceps. Workout time for 66 minutes with 200 calories burned. Average heart rate was 102 and maximum heart rate 138. I thought I would do an Ab workout after, but I was wiped out by the end.

Deb, great job getting in a workout yesterday. It’s difficult for me to get back into my routine once the rhythm is broken.

Valerie, you inspired me to look at High Reps again. I remembered that I liked it and did it often in the past, but I didn’t remember the details. It’s a great workout.

Judy, great job with 4 Day Split Lower Body. I’m glad that you were able to do it without back issues.

Lori, that’s a wonderful birthday gift that your husband gave you. Enjoy!

Diane Sue, I’m glad that the Tread Climber is working again. It’s probably a good idea to replace the worn parts now that you have a repairman. Now if they can get your car fixed!

I think my Apple update issues have all been resolved. Enjoy your day.

Today I did X Train Cardio Leg Blast, 63 minutes, 402 calories, 3,082 steps, heart rate 112 average, 153 max. I am waiting for my daughter and we are going shopping and to the library with her little ones.

Carolyn, I find that sometimes I think I want to add to a workout and by the time I am done I feel like I have done enough already nd don't have the energy or motivation for that addition. Yes, if they would only get my car fixed I would be happy.

On my previous post I fixed typos and added a paragraph but it disappeared even
I like HReps because I can adapt it to dumbbells easily and can get by with 5, 8, 10 And a band. At home I use a bar but this works ok and it does upper body quickly.l

Lori congrats on your bday present. I need to look at one of those to se what you are doing I haven't a clue. Diane sue nice to get it fixed for a reasonable cost. Hope your car issue works out ok.

We did a tough mt bike again today not many miles but beautiful and lonely. But the elevation gain was s lot and were already st 6000 feet. Technically not hard but wow! Feel like I need another lung. It is so stunningly lovely riding here Rocks but no slippery tree roots. Elk poop everywhere but no elk.
Of all the things we find our house is attracting yellowjackets. No problem anywhere but here. None hiking or riding. Like they like the paint?? Hundreds of them! Need to swat them as soon as we get into the garage.

Heading home tomorrow as weather is going south.

Good evening ladies,

This morning was a BBS Dance and a lower body plus a quick core. I actually did the core work but needed to cut short due to time. 50 mins/302 cal. Tonight GiGi and I went for a 1.72 mile run. Need to be quick becuase I got home a little late but really wanted to take her out for some exercise before it started to get dark.

Diane Sue...great that you found that guy for your tread climber. Sounds like he is reputable. GiGi is the same way as Gertie. Imswear she understands exactly what we say. I am loving my Bellicon. And yes I am very luck. My husband is really good about all my exercise stuff. He knows I use everything and likes that I work out at home instead of going to a gym. The 39 inch is perfect for me. He told me he was relieved after looking at the prices I had mentioned the smaller (and cheaper) one! Lol! I do not think he would have bought a larger one. He does have his limits. Hope you enjoyed your day with your daughter!

Deb...high reps is a tough workout. Great job to tackle this one! I totally understand if you do not rebound. When I tell people I use a mini trampoline to workout on I know they all think I am off my rocker! The firmer the cords the less give you have in the matt. When doing really fast workouts you want less give so you can quickly move to your next move. My jumpsport was great but I was always a couple of beats behind due to the extra give. Not sure if this makes sense.

Judy...I think you will like that dvd. When I read about it I immediately knew I would like it. I too like her as an instructor. Her Youtube channel is amazing!

Carolyn...same here! I plan out my workouts then say...what was I thinking? I am done!! Lol!! Great your Apple isses are over with!

Valerie...were you by yourself biking? It does sound beautiful (besides the elk poop!). Weird aboit the yellow jackets. You need to get that under control!

We are going to the Red Sox game. My executive team received 20 tickets to a suite and my CEO invited me and Bob. It will be fun!

Have a great night all!

Valerie, maybe you can research and find the reason the yellow jackets like your house. Maybe they were already nesting there somewhere? I once grew fennel thinking I would use the bulb for recipes I kept seeing. I did not know when to harvest and let it keep growing. When it flowered we had some awful black bees that were swarming around out back door and patio. It took me awhile to realize what was attracting them. Once I got rid of the plant they left. It was really weird. Later I found fennel bulbs in the grocery store. I am not a fan anyway :)

Lori, we are pleased with this guys work. He emailed me a price quote to replace the boards and tread climber belts and it was pretty reasonable so we are going to go ahead and get that done so it doesn't mess anything else up. Also, while there are still parts. My husband said it worked great this morning. My husband has bought me workout equipment, weight gloves, and clothing a lot over the years. He surprised me when he was out of country and sent me the Bow Flex select tech weights and the stand. They go to 52.5 Lbs each. He did that with the Nautilus treadmill too. He is sweet about my love for fitness things. He always says just get the workouts when I am reluctant to spend. :) I think I would have went for the smaller Bellicon just because of space. Plus, if I wanted to try the URX workouts that are hopping on and off the mat would be more difficult with a larger rebounder. As it is they are taller than the 10 inches the Urban Rebounder is.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.