Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/24

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

No workout yesterday but I did go to the vet, and take Kylee to agility class. It felt really great getting out of the house. Keegan's thyroid numbers are finally in the normal range so we have the correct dosage now.

Valerie, I guess we did not get the same mirror package, or our models did not come with it. We have the mirror with the lit up direction...shows what direction you are driving. When are you leaving?

Diane Sue, great workout, I really like the 4 day splits weight work. Glad you are feeling better. Is your vet's new location going to be closer to you?

Lori, nice workouts, and good that you and Bob went on a ride.

Plans are to get a workout in, then go see my niece in the play “9 to 5”…this afternoon…

they are predicting temps in the 90’s for tomorrow here…and no rain. We need rain badly. The trees are all stressed out and are dropping leaves like crazy...

Take care,

Plans are to get a workout in, then go see my niece in the play “9 to 5”…this afternoon…

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did a short outdoor bike ride. It was 93 degrees out! Chris didn't feel like riding so I just rode around the neighborhood. It was hot, but I've always preferred warmer weather so it didn't bother me. I used to love running when it was hot too.

I did 2 weeks of STS Meso 2, then last week I switched to Body Beast, which I will continue this week, then I will start a new rotation next week. This time I will focus more on total body metabolic/endurance workouts.

Deb-that's good news about Kylie's thyroid numbers. I'm glad you are feeling better. It's been in the 90's here since Friday and it's supposed to stay hot until later in the week. Very dry here too, hopefully we will get some rain this week. Enjoy the play! It sounds like fun.

Diane Sue-I love the 4 Day Split series! I also spend a lot of time trying to decide what workouts to do. I have a hard time staying with one program, when there are so many workouts that I love and want to do!

Valerie-Nice ride! I will be adding High Reps to my next rotation. You have really been doing a great job with that workout. Have a safe trip!

Lori-that is great that you and Bob are riding! Hopefully I can get Chris out this week. It is hard to believe it's been 4 years with SB streaming. I didn't renew this year but I may look at it again in the future.

Carolyn-Great job with STS! I updated my Apple devices yesterday and so far they seem to be working ok.

Judy

No workout today for me. Deb, I'm glad that you are feeling better and I am sure you will enjoy the play.

Judy, I am enjoying STS, but I am starting to miss some of the other workouts. I'll just see how it goes the next two weeks and decide if I am ready for a change. My iPad is working much better now, almost back to normal. I don't usually update the software until I have to do so and that will be my plan going forward! I didn't update my phone yet.

Diane Sue, I was surprised to see so many choices for stainless steel french press coffee makers when I started to look for one. I was only familiar with the glass type.

Hello to everyone and enjoy this lovely weather.

Good afternoon ladies,

This morning was a Bellicon dance workout and I added on the cardio portion of BBS Hips, Thigh and Buns. 35 mins / 244 cal. I then took GiGi for a run/walk/swim...for 2.17 miles. We both really enjoyed it. It was really hot so it was hard for me to run as much as I usually do. She loved the swim part. As soon as she knew she was close she ran and jumped right in. It was really cute. She kept getting out and jumping in. She was having a lot of fun. Bob and I are planning for a short ride after the Pats Game. It will be a little cooler. Loving this weather. Right now it is 88 degrees!

Deb...glad Keegan's appt went well.

Judy...wow 93 degrees! Isn't this weather crazy! I like the warm weather but hard for me to workout in it. Awesome you can! I love my SB!

Carolyn...main reason I have a hard time with rotations. I miss my other workouts!!!

Have a great afternoon all...we are off for our ride!

Today was my rest day. We went to my daughters for lunch. We were the only ones today. Everyone else was working or had other plans. Then I went to Walmart since I needed to use my husbands car. I went to Walmart Market and it was still every bit as crowded as the other Walmart. I still need a Sprouts trip again, but will wait. Maybe I will get my car back fixed or not this week.

Deb, that is good news that the thyroid numbers are good and the dose is right. I hope you enjoyed the play. The vet will be closer for me. It was in the City my youngest daughter lives in and now his new office will be about half way between the other one and my house. It cuts out quite a bit of a drive. It is in a new small shopping strip that really does not have anything around it as yet. It seems funny to see the strip as there used to be an old white frame two story house on that corner all by itself. A woman did dog grooming in the building behind it then they sold it and someone was using it as some sort of trucking/hauling business for a short time then it was bulldozed. It was there for years. Our weather has been in the 90's and just dropped a bit at around 88. We are expecting some rain in a couple of days and cooling.

Carolyn, I used to be better about doing one set of workouts than I am now. I start to look longingly at other workouts. Maybe it is because I have such a huge variety and so many that I really like. Funny, my husband was checking out an old computer we have here to see if he could get it set up for our son in law to use for school till he gets one to replace the one my 3 year old grandson stepped on. He saw that I had used it at one time and he was reading off my workouts for the week. :) Then he thought it was funny when I mentioned losing my workout plan I had written up till I explained why I try to plan them.

Lori, that sounds like it was really fun watching Gigi enjoy the swimming. We rode on the motorcycle to my daughter's this afternoon and with the weather cooling down a bit and some cloud cover it was nice.

I driving right now on way to last work trip in Montana. Should have some fun time also.i forget if I posted last night but did high reps again and brought that disk and TBM too. Hopefully all outdoor workouts with a few sets of push ups thrown in . I'm getting a little tired of HR but it works pretty well when I don't have a lot of heavy weights. I have 5, 8 10 and a band.

Amazing you can exercise at 88 plus. I am done after maybe 80 max. I am happier at 50 to 60 degrees.

We got here in ten and one half hours s sort of record. No problems or excitement and so much better than traveling in August with all the masses of people screwing up everything. I really get my fill of people in about one day of summer travel All looks good and hopefully will get a few more things taken care of .... running the gas stove set off the smoke alarm causing a headache that we got handled in a few stressful minutes

Last edited:
Good morning,

Went to the play yesterday, it was awesome. My niece is so talented. She was the lead dancer.

Judy, good for you for getting out on the bike. It was really hot here too. It is supposed to be even hotter today.

Carolyn, I can see why you would miss some other workouts...do you do any Live in between for cardio?

Lori, it seems like Gigi is "channeling" Chester...with her swimming on your walks. :).

Diane Sue, that is great that the new location for your vet will be closer. I have followed mine around to his various offices....I hope he stays where he is now. The motorcycle ride sounds great in this hot weather. We took the Saab out the other day with the top down, and it was really pleasant.

Valerie, have a fun, and productive trip! Did you get the sofa yet?

Puppy class this morning....

Take care,

It’s hard to believe, but I am on week three of Mesocycle 2. Today was D19–Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. My workout time was 1 hour 33 minutes with 273 calories burned. Average heart rate was 98 and maximum heart rate 136. The double wave loading was a nice change and very challenging.

Hello to everyone.

Hi Everyone,

Today I did Body Beast Bulk Back & Shoulders and Linda Wooldridge Lower Body Blitz. Lower Body Blitz
is all floor work with resistance bands and is pretty tough. To me, it's more like physical therapy than a workout. I'm hoping that this workout will help me strengthen some of the weak areas in my hips and glutes.

Deb-It's still hot here. They are closing some of the schools early today due to the heat.

Lori-I'm loving this weather too! I'll never complain about it being too hot. It will be winter before we know it.

Valerie-Chris is more like you, he prefers fall and cooler temps. I don't mind fall, but I don't like cold and snow.

Diane Sue-we are expecting cooler temps by Thursday. It's very dry here, we could definitely use some rain.

Carolyn-Great workout! I hope to do a full round of STS early next year.

Judy

This morning's workout was Cathe's Cardio and weights 62 minutes, 378 calories, heart rate average 124, max 166, 3,662 steps. I then did I Max 2 mix intervals 1-5 skipping the warm up, 27 minutes, 168 calories, heart rate 133 average, 164 max, 2,83 steps. Total time 89 minutes, calories burned 546 minutes.
I mapped out this weeks workouts:
Monday Cardio and weights to replace the RWH upper circuit in last months rotation
Tuesday Ice Bootcamp Circuit with the Blizzard blast mix in place of SS Boot camp from last month
Wednesday Ice Upper Body and Abs to replace last month's Ramped Up Upper
Thursday Rock Out Knock out for cardio day
Friday X Train Cardio legs replacing last months RWH lower circuit
Saturday Shock Cardio Cardio Hiit 40/20 replacing RWH Plyo Hiit 1
This should keep me from wasting time. There is still 1 more week if I continue this type of rotation. I will see after the week is over. I am trying to find someone to work on my Tread Climber. I contact a fitness equipment store that services equipment and they do not do the Tread Climber. I think they sell them though and they sell new and used equipment. They gave me the number of someone they use. He is supposed to get back with me. He says it depends on the model and some are hard to get parts for. He said he is not real familiar with them and is going to do some research and will get back with me. He doesn't want me to waste the 65.00 on a diagnostic call if he thinks he can't fix it. I have an e mail out to Bowflex support. We paid over 35oo dollars for the tread climber less than 4 years ago. This does not make me happy at the moment. It runs, I think it just needs someone who knows how to adjust the treadles to not touch at the front. It maybe could use walking belts as well as they are a bit worn on the edges and the seam on one looks like it may be starting to come apart. I only used it about twice a week for a few months after we purchased it and then we moved. It sat in my daughter's office for 7 months with me using it maybe 3 times. Then I hardly used it since it is downstairs in the bedroom. Most of the use has been this last year that my husband has used it. We should have kept the Nautilus Treadmill. Heavy equipment is so hard to get upstairs and our stairs turn . We paid movers in our last home and to move it into my daughter's office.

Valerie, we had a very sensitive smoke detector in our last home and the slightest thing set it off. I had quite a few through the house because it was very old and I wanted the safety. It used to annoy me because just cooking and a tiny bit of smoke would set it off. It was next to the furnace. I hope everything goes well for you and you get some fun time while there.

Deb, I am glad the play was so enjoyable. I have only had two good vets and the other is 100 miles away. I have had so many that were trial and error so I am willing to follow this one around. The pets seem comfortable with him and he is good. I felt lucky when we moved away and I found another good one for that time. I read reviews all over the place when I chose that one. So, when we moved back to this area I went right back to the one I used before.

Carolyn, nice that there was a change for you with the double wave loading. You are doing great with the workouts.

Judy, I am with you on not liking the cold and snow. I prefer to stay indoors and not have to go out as much as possible. I hope that you can get the weak areas strengthened.

Good evening ladies,

This morning I started the Body By Simone rotation. I was realy tired again so only did the 22 min dance workout scheduled. Felt better when I came home so did a 25 min Bellicon dance bounce plus the 20 min BBS Upper Body workout scheduled for today. This fried my tris! Wow loved it.

Diane Sue...your motorcycle ride sounded really great! Your workout rotation for this week is so impressive. I wish I could map my workouts out like that. I hope you can find someone to fix your tread climber. We needed to order a wheel recently for our eliptical. Was $65 for this tiny wheel. My son put it on for us which was nice.

Valerie...to mix things up a bit have you tried using your band in place of weights on a different Cathe workout? In August while down the Cape I did a live upper body workout and used bands instead of weights. I needed to improvise just a little but all and all was a great workout. Was really surprised how easy it was to use a band instead of weights.

Deb...funny we were just talking how GiGi is so similar and at the same time so different than Chester. She is such a cutie. Awesome the play was great and your neice having the lead!! So nice you saw this!

Judy...I recently became interested in Linda Woolridge and bought a couple of her dvds. I have one that is all bands and did a couple of sections from it. I like her a lot and she has a ton of free workouts on YouTube. :)

Carolyn..yes that seemed to have flown by. You are moving right along with STS. Congrats!

Have a great night all!

A good day we got the rug and like it. hard to get in the car but we managed with driving 70 miles with it hanging out the tailgate. Seems to have helped a lot although we still need more sound dampening.

Put up 200 feet of snow fence. Will see how it works. We read about how it works but s lot is trial and error.
Got the last section of blinds installed Plus umpty dozen other smaller things. An extremely productive day.

deb we got the sofa in august and like it. Every piece of soft material we add helps tone down the echo. We actually watched a tv series tonight and it was comfortable and not echoing.

Judy I like snowshoeing and XC Skiing but I have no great skill just endurance the right clothing helps a lot. I would not do it if I were uncomfortable I find it easy to warm up until seriously cold like way below zero but impossible to cool off when it's hot So I sit out much of July and August.
Lori I will have limited weights. And a band here most likely won't have a barbell and heavier weights so. Higher reps using lighter weight is what I'll need here. I will be looking at band and band plus lighter weight.

So hard to get anything fixed anymore in this throwaway culture. So much exercise equipment is sold assuming it won't get used more than a few times. Have you looked st utube to see if someone has sa fix??

Good morning,

No workout yet....maybe something this morning.

Carolyn, you are doing great with STS! Have you been doing the Double Wave Loading since the beginning or just for this Meso?

Judy, that sounds like a tough workout! I am with you...I like warm weather, but really like autumn when it is cooler and less humidity.

Diane Sue, that is an ambitious workout schedule! Awful about your Tread Climber. I hope the guy you found can fix it. Valerie's idea about looking up on YouTube is a good one.

Lori, it is funny how all dogs, ( and cats I am sure) have their own little personalities. I need to go over to YouTube and look for that instructor you mentioned.

Valerie, it sounds like you are solving the "echo" issue. Funny, I meant the rug, not the sofa!

Class this morning with Kylee...

Take care,

Lori, when i looked at Bowflex website they had very few parts for the Tread Climber. I am glad that you are loving and enjoying Giginso much :) Pets are fun.

Valerie, that is great that you were able to watch a television series we ith out the extra sound. Yes, so many things are made with expectations, I believe, to not ladt sonwe purchase more. I did look around on You Tube. I did notbfind much and they have videos of a Tread Climber atrac that looks nothing like mine. I downloaded a service manual that has a lot of complicated looking stuff in it. One page does, i think address my issue on the treadls. It also s how using some kit ( not available) if the treadles keep going out of place. A lot of involvenent of removing housing and a belt adjusting and putting it back together.

Deb, enjoy class today and what ever workout that you do if you choose one :)

Today I did RWH Low Impact HiiT One. I had an appointment for a mammogram early this morning so I moved my workout to noon. As you all know, that isn’t my favorite time to workout but I did it because I didn’t want to miss my cardio day. Workout was 30 minutes with 239 calories burned. Average heart rate was 133 and maximum heart rate 159.

Deb, disc 19 was the first one with double wave loading. I set a personal goal to complete STS since I never did the full program. I would be doing so type of strength work anyway regardless of my chosen rotation. The cardio days and the recovery weeks help to keep up my motivation.

Diane Sue, that is awful that you are having such difficulty getting the Tread Climber repaired. I hope you find a repairman soon. I like the rotation that you planned for this week.

Valerie, it sounds like you are making great progress with the new house. I’m glad the rug worked out as you wanted. You will be in a vacation mode instead of work soon.

Greetings to Lori and Judy. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Good evening ladies,

This morning was a BBS Dance plus a lower body workout and then a brief bicep workout. Total time was 45 mins. Tonight I took GiGi for a 2.2 mile power walk. I did not feel like running as it was very warm out. She did good and actually kept at a great pace so I did not have to run. She also went for a swim. I wanted to jump in with her it was so warm!

Valerie...yeah you got the rug! And glad you made it there safely!!! Right now I have been enjoying hi reps and light weights. But I do like my Cathe thrown in every so often.

Deb...Linda Woolridge does a lot of Barre and Pilates and has a really hreat style about her. She does a lot more as I know Barre is not your favorite! You should look her up. 2lazy4thegym has done a few reviews on some of her workouts.

Carolyn...yes you are doing awesome with STS!!!! My son is still going strong with P90x and is just about finished. He still seems to be interested in doing STS. So we will see.

Diane Sue...well that stinks they have few parts! Hoping you can find what you need. Have you checked Amazon or Ebay? Sometimes I have good luck looking for parts on these sites! Amazing what you can find! SB has a new upper body workout she posted today that is free for everyone. I have not looked at it yet but noticed it was free for all!

Have a great night all!!!

Today I did Ice Boot Camp Circuit mish mosh scrambled with blizzard blasts mixed in, 60 minutes, 403 calories, heart rate average 120, max 155. I went a bit heavier on lower moves, but on upper I kept it at Cathe's since I have Upper Body on schedule for tomorrow. I chose this workout because there is really not a lot of time spent on upper body work on it. I had my 3 year old grandson here for awhile. I talked to the car dealership and they are still trying to get my car to do what it has been doing for us. He says they are carrying a code reader with them when they run it. Most of the time when cars have that error code they end up having to be towed because they will not start. He is going to see if they can get one of their engineers to check it out and something to do with paper work that will make it where if it causes me problems in the next few months, GM will still honor the warranty. The guy I talked to is going to come over Thursday and diagnose the Tread Climber and call BowFlex. It depends on if he can just adjust it right then or if he has to see if he can gets parts and come back to fix it. So, cost is either 68 dollars for a diagnosis, 98 if he can fix it without parts, or then it goes on from there.

Carolyn, good for you getting your cardio in anyway. I am terrible at doing workouts later in the day.

Lori, it rained here all day. It was pretty hard for awhile. Gertie goes out steps off the door step and realizes it is wet and heads back up to lie on the doorstep. She is not like Gigi with water. When the grandchildren play in the pool she wants in because they throw water on her. The only way she will run out in the rain is when she really needs to get to the lawn badly. Then she comes back wet. Odd because she is okay with walking into the shower and getting bathed. I have found a lot of odd parts on Amazon and my husband has picks things up from ebay. I have found good deals for appliance parts between Amazon and Appliance Parts Pros. I am waiting for my freezer gasket to come. I like that on appliance parts pros people will post how they did their repairs. Why is it that when things start breaking it comes in groups?

We've had pretty good luck finding home fixes on YouTube. Not always , but lots of creative people getting things fixed without spending a lot. Do you have "play it again" sports? They resell used gear and might be a place to ask. Sometimes such specialized parts that not a lot of choices.

We wore out several Nordic tracks back when they were popular . very hard to fix or get repaired. Also a Versa climber. It was great until it didn't work right and then could not get it fixed.

Last edited:
Good morning,

No workout yesterday. Still close to the 90's here....we really need rain badly.

Diane Sue, I hope the repair guy can find out what's wrong. I can't believe the dealership is holding your car hostage, but at least they are fixing it to extend your warranty.

Carolyn, good for you for doing that workout at noon...I know how you feel about not doing your workout the first thing in the morning...I am the same way. Once I am out of the house, that's it.

Lori, that Gigi is a good girl! I will look at those workouts and the reviews by 2lazy4thegym...

Hi to Valerie & Judy,

Take care,

This morning I did Ice Chiseled Upper Body, 48 minutes, 190 calories, heart rate average 94, max 133, 950 steps. I went heaver on the weights with this up to 15's for some things. Those discus throws I always keep at 5# though. I then did Ice Core 1 and 2, 26 minutes, 76 calories, using 8 and 10# dumbbells Total time was 74 minutes, and calories burned 266. Today is Wednesday family dinner. I had my 3 year old grandson help make cookies last night. I peeled the potatoes ahead for shepherd's pie today. I really miss having my car to run to the store.

Valerie, it is a shame that they sell what is supposed to be good quality fitness equipment that is costly and then it can't be repaired. I had just as good luck with my Proform Treadmill years ago. It was not near as much money and I put loads of miles on it. It was nothing for me to run 10 miles on it in a workout. We used to have Play it Again Sports years ago. I think they all went out of business here. The repair guy I found was through a local Fitness equipment store that sells new and used and handles service on it. They said they use him and gave me his number. Hopefully he can help out. Yesterday he was looking through parts for my model Tread Climber to see what he could still get. My Dad used to be one who could repair something and make parts not meant for it work. He was a mechanic for years and owned his own shop, worked for Telephone yards in AZ.

Deb, we just left the 90's here in Oklahoma. That doesn't mean that we won't have some highs come back though. Weather here is rather unpredictable. It can go from 80 to freezing in the same day. My plants are loving the cooler temps and rain. My daughter commented on the last time she saw my roses they looked like a bunch of sticks and now they are all green and I have 1 flower.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.