Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/2

Good morning,

Only PT exercises yesterday and 4 hours of babysitting with a 4 year old! Yikes, I wish I had half of his energy. :) I took Kylee with me, and it was funny, she was afraid of him, and he was afraid of her. Made for some interesting interactions.

Diane Sue, kudos to you for all the time you spend with your grandchildren. :) The workouts you do must be helping. LOL. I agree, unless we are growing our own food, and raising our own chickens, cattle, we never really know what has been used. Why is it that things go wrong in numbers? It seems like when it starts, it keeps on going. I hope you are able to repair the dishwasher easily. I pretty much have faith in the Mercola supplements etc, that what he says are in them, or where they are made is truthful. I hope I am not disappointed in the future.

Valerie, ugh...picking through bones would make me not want to eat the fish either. I like the broiled fish we get in a local restaurant....especially since I don't have to cook it...LOL.

Carolyn, that is a great premix that you did. If Cathe had not put that one in, I probably would never do that workout. As it is, I forget that it is there.

Hi to Judy & Lori,

Off to work at our obedience trial today and again tomorrow. It will be the first one in a few years that I have not entered. Kind of relaxing actually. :)

Take care,

all the picking bones ended up with it being cold too. I won't do that again, at least not with trout. I've had trout in restaurants and it was bone free, but maybe the fish was bigger, or the cook was more experienced. I've made trout before and did not remember such a fussy process.

I agree that things fail in bunches. always seems like one thing goes, and another two follow close behind. We built this house almost 30 yrs ago, so everything was new at once, and it makes sense that they will start to fail after a certain number of years. DH and I talked about that today, and almost everything in our house has been replaced at least once.

I worry more now that so many products are traded internationally, and so many things are made in china. misunderstandings and poorly labeled products and unintentional mix ups. so many opportunities for things to go wrong. we really have to trust that labeling is complete and accurate.

Consumer reports lists some of the better and worse protein powders in this plus links to a lot of other info on supplements. FYI https://www.consumerreports.org/dietary-supplements/heavy-metals-in-protein-supplements/

same issue also talks about contamination in meat and poultry by antibiotics and other drugs. creepy.

Last edited:
This morning I did Cathe Live Move It, 37 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 164, 239 calories, 3025 steps. I then did Cathe Live Crush It Low Impact, 34 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 159, 232 calories, 2613 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Stretch, 28 minutes, 60 calories, 72 steps. Total time was 99 minutes, 531 calories. I see Kelly put up her band workout on her raw channel. It looks like she uses the stability ball and tubing. I will have to preview it. It wasn't up when I started my workout, I checked before starting. The roofer came out today. He is supposed to give a quote Monday. The leak problem starts on the roof, not the sun room. We thought that as it runs down the inside wall where the roof itself is and not the glass, then moves down the side of the sun room and I think it comes in behind the flashing. I ordered the part for the dishwasher and it looks easy as there is a groove to slip the gasket into. Reading on others comments, have to make sure you have it facing the right way or it will leak. Also, the newest Delta faucet we put in our remodeled bath is dripping fast and I had to turn the hot water off to it. :(

Deb, so far the things I have used from Mercola have been really good products. They supply a lot of information. Funny I noticed some of it was an exact duplicate of what Dr Axe had on his site. Four year olds require a lot of entertaining and attention. Micah, our 4 year old will play with Gertie and throw things for her to fetch, but he stands on a chair to do it, just in case she flies by him and knocks him flying. He is just at the right height to have her nose right in his face.

Valerie, I think there are way too many recalls and mix ups out there. It shouldn't be happening. I think a lot of things are let slide. I would lose my taste for trout for awhile after all of that. Another thing I have noticed, at least picking things up from Amazon, is that sometimes a part of the label will be covered with a sticker, that gives bar codes etc.. They used to do this in one of the stores that had health food stuff in the smaller city we lived in. Most of the time the sticker covered the sell by date. It took awhile for me to figure that out, and sometimes things were past their date. So, I am usually cautious when I see that.

Last edited:
Today’s workout was Pyramid Lower Body, up only premix. That was 47 minutes and 167 calories burned. Average heart rate was 105 and maximum heart rate was 133.

Deb, four year olds are a handful especially if there isn’t another child around to help entertain them. I really like that Cathe demonstrates modifications in Cardio Slam. I use them with some of her other cardio workouts too.

Valerie, you are right about the bones in a smaller fish. It doesn’t seem worth the effort to eat around them.

Diane Sue, we have had many things around the house needing repairs or replacement the past two years. One of the reasons is that they were all installed at the same time. We had the roof done two years ago, but that was covered by insurance due to hail damage.

Lori, I hope your conference is going well.

Hello to Judy.

Carolyn, it seems we are going to have to get a price for floor repair too. Some of the water got onto our new wood floor and a couple of the planks have some bubbling. We have had some hard rains lately. I dislike hail. It always sounds like it is going to come through the glass ceiling and skylights. I was looking at our roof on that side of the house when I came back from the store and it looked like some roof tiles were standing up.

I have been cooking and planning for tomorrow all day. I went to Sprouts for a couple of things and forgot a vegetable. My daughter in law is bringing that and my older daughter is bringing the salad and drinks I made two pound cakes. One is a bundt cream cheese chocolate chip with a chocolate ganache on top. The other is a loaf one that I used to make a lot that is a cream cheese with raspberry preserves swirled through it. It is always moist and dense. It uses more cream cheese than butter. I used all organic ingredients and a raspberry fruit spread. I always need more than one cake for as many people as we have :) I found an Instant Pot roast recipe that used some brown gravy mix and ranch dressing mix. It also has onion soup mix, but I know my husband would not appreciate the onion pieces so I will stick with some onion powder. I think I will pressure cook it before we leave for church and leave it on warm. I did all kinds of reading for ideas on this and will not leave something in the house pressure cooking when I am gone. Potatoes go in the oven on low when I leave.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.