Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 8/7

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

All the work is done on the house, now we have to get paint and finish the entryway. Time to "but" the glass guy and find out when he will be putting the leaded glass panels back in.

Judy, how did the house hunting go? Did you see anything that you may be interested in? I take it that neither of you have family in Michigan?

Valerie, I feel sorry for your sister's dog. Good news on the progress of the new house. Wow, those planes sound scary. We have a military base (Niagara Falls Air Force Base), here so we see fighter type planes a lot. I don't remember that kind of noise though. Let me know if you are ordering the new series....I plan on doing my order tomorrow, will get the set including the spin one if you are not ordering...

Diane Sue, wow, that guy is amazing! Talk about agile! I'm glad Gertie is doing better. I didn't realize all those plants you mentioned that could be dangerous to dogs. Our dogs eat grass when they don't feel well too....it makes them vomit and I think that is instinctively what they are trying to do. Sort of like the human version of "sticking your finger down your throat"...

Lynda, how was Jacob's Pillow?

Hi to Lori, Judy, Josie & Caitlin,

A workout, process dog food, and lots of other HouseMax stuff for today.

Take care,

Good Morning Everyone,

I used yesterday as a rest day. We were out looking at houses all afternoon. We didn't get back until around 7. It's Chino's birthday today so we stopped at the pet store and picked up some toys and new food for him, and for Shadow too.
We found one home that we really liked. We are going back today to look at 3 more. We are also going to look at a few in Plymouth so we get a feel for what is around here too.

Deb-no, we don't have family in Michigan. Chris's closest family is in NW Indiana, near Chicago and my closest family is in the St. Louis area. If it wasn't for Chris's work, we would not stay in Michigan. The winters are too harsh. This summer has been very nice, but most summers are cooler and way too short.

I will be doing a workout today, probably this morning before we leave.

Have a great Sunday!

Judy

Good morning from Sunny Cape Cod!

2nd day here and we are so relaxed. We just love coming here. No workout yesterday as it was a travel day and set up day for our unit. Once we unpacked then did all our shopping for the week I was ready for a margarita on the deck!

I brought my hard drive with all my workouts so not sure what I will do. Sometimes the internet is spotty so did not want to rely on just streaming for the week. Of course I brought weights, bands and firewalkers. The bag weighs a ton and my husband was less then pleased. So of course my response was...do you really want to spend time with me after a few days of not getting some great workouts in? He thought about it and changed his mind! :) of course travel workouts would be good for the week but since we are driving, have the room and I prefer weights why not bring some? :p.

Judy...have fun house shopping! That's how we feel about where we live. Winters too long and summer too short. Yes last winter was mild for us too.

Deb...yeah workers are gone. Bet it looks great. Will you be doing the painting yourselves? I love to paint.

Bob's son is doing a road trip to the East Coast. He lives in Sarasota FL and we have not seen him for a couple years. He is arriving this evening and staying with us for a few days. He has never been to the Cape and is pretty excited and so are we. Tried to get Nicholas to come but schedules could not work.

I'll catch up on last week's string later today...we are off to the beach soon!

Have a great day all!!!!

Just finished up with my workout. Started out with Live Giant Sets Light weights, then on to SB Lower Barre Sculping Circuit then finished with her Barre Power Stretch from her newest DVD. Judy I loved this stretch. Felt amazing. I have tried yoga but could never stick with it. This was like a combination of barre and yoga and I loved it. Felt great. Can't wait to try the Adv. Active Stretch.

Oh by the way...Bob's son is a personal trainer and has his own business. He is also into power lifting. He went from this skinny 20 year old when I first met him to adding on pounds of muscle. I felt compelled to have a great workout today!! Lol!!

Diane sue..that guy is amazing! such strength and agility and grace! wow. thanks for posting that.

Lynda, add yourself to the endless list of people my sister has driven crazy!! everything you said is true. I tried to talk her out of getting this dog.... when her last dog passed on, it was an unexpected opportunity to sell her house, move to a place with some support services. she wouldn't. this is the outcome. I limit contact to (max) 2x a week phone calls. I order things for her that she can't get without a computer & she pays me for them. She wears out her welcome pretty quickly. I feel bad for her situation but I understand I can't change it. there are a million reasons why I live in WA and my family lives in WI.

I got a little sore from the hike and took yesterday off. I serious shopping and lots of walking and called it a day. I have a dozen fly bites that are itchy welts. we are done until it cools & flies go away.

I have read all parts of lilies are toxic to cats.... I don't know about dogs. some systemic treatments that are dug into the dirt around the base of fussy plants (like roses) are also toxic.

Deb, I have wavered.... and wavered some more... I think for $59 I'm going to pre order the series. Thank you for offering to get the spin for me. such a good price... 6 workouts... my resolve has crumbled! I'd spend $30 alone for the spin disk, and for not much more I can get all 6. OK, even if I don't like every one.
When I was a kid, we used to have "sonic booms" frequently, from military planes flying fast and low. I think the military got a lot of complaints about them being scary and property damaging.... houses and windows used to vibrate! so they do those flights over water or unpopulated areas now. we have several military bases near here.

I also got pretty tired of long cold Midwest winters and short hot summers. I get tired of rain sometimes, but the mild temps make it livable for me here. Happy birthday to chino!

Lori, we plan on visiting family in OR soon, and this time I will take a couple disks and some weights along and see if I can get them interested. If your lunch ladies can do workouts, maybe my SIL & BIL could too.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did ICE RS. My live workout just kept spinning. I suspect I just need to reboot my iPad, because this happens sometimes when I am trying to order a book from iTunes, and it just keeps spinning when I try to call up the book.

Deb, Jacob's Pillow was a mixed bag. The first piece was choreographed to a LONG steel drum composition by Philip Glass. I thought it was too melodramatic and repetitive and the music was just too much. Other people found the music soporific--one of my friends kept nodding off, while I felt like I was listening to the score for a horror film and was tense all the time. If you know Philip Glass at all, I think you have an idea of what kind of music he composes--very percussive and repetitive. Some people think he's a genius. I don't. During intermission, it was clear that no one liked it. The second piece is by a famous, now dead, choreographer Antony Tudor, and the music was Mahler's lieder for children with a baritone singing the songs. It was very good, but you can tell that it is somewhat dated and that Tudor was a control freak. Very careful positioning of every gesture. We had fun anyway. Another beautiful afternoon, after a morning shower. The grounds at JP are really beautiful.

Valerie, maybe the dog is just mirroring your sister's behavior and helping your sister drive people away. I'm glad that you are away from such toxic relatives. I hope these new dvds are good for you and you don't have more issues with the music.

Lori, it sounds like a great vacation on the Cape. I have never been--weird, since it's really closer than the Jersey Shore, where I have been many times. I think we are supposed to have good weather this week, although you never know when you are near the ocean in my experience.

Judy, what fun looking at houses! How old is Chino?

Another beautiful summer day here. Kim keeps bringing me gladiolas from the farmer's market and I just love them.

Deb, yes, I think dogs have a certain instinct and eating grass is one of the things they just do. I am glad it is not all of the time and I am happy when I see it came up outside and not indoors. She is doing good again today and I did two feedings instead of several smaller adding 1/2 cup of her dry food to the chicken and sweet potatoes. That is 1/3 of her usual amount of dry food each meal. I am not doing the canned food for awhile. I need to know which food or if it is the food that is problematic. When you make dog treats what do you use. I have looked at recipes that were grain free and used coconut flour. I have been rolling some of the cold chicken and pumpkin into little balls and giving it to her when she has her certain times she expects a treat, like when we leave and come in and bed time. I think she is loving the food. She was waiting in the hall for me to come out. I send her outside and I saw her walk around the corner and come right back to the step to come in. I let her in and she headed straight to the kitchen waiting in her usual spot she waits for treats and food.

Judy, happy birthday to Chino. Cats are fun to watch play with their toys. I would imagine winters were long and harsh there. But then summers being mild would be kind of nice. I have a dread of winter here in Oklahoma. I stay home.

Lori, I like different types of stretches. I also like a bit more active yoga because just holding a stretch forever gets old really fast. It is beneficial though when I am really tight and sore in places, but not enjoyable. I bet having Bob's son there was inspiring for a good sweaty workout :)

Valerie, when I do Cameron Shayne's workouts I am in awe. I am really clumsy but am proud of myself when I can master a little of it. Things like going down into plow and coming back up to a balance stance. He incorporates some arm movements and it makes it rather fun. But, watching his demonstration and what he can do is just amazing. I remember being in Washington in July visiting my husband's sister and her family and it rained every day. I guess that is why there is so much foliage. I put Miracle Grow for roses in my potted roses. When I first planted a bunch of them at our last home I dug down 2 foot and put manure in the bottom. This was the suggestion from Heirloom roses where I had ordered. I did not fertilize after that. It had to be far enough down that the roots would not get burnt starting out. I am glad I saved some bushes in pots. One of them died last summer after we moved. These are supposed to be 5 inch roses but the potted ones have not reached their potential. I was sad leaving the almost 300 dollars worth of bushes that I planted behind. They were doing really well. I love Gladiolas. I have naked ladies that are blooming in front. I always feel bad that the bulbs do not last long though.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Chino :)

Lynda-he is 3

We didn't have as much luck with houses today. All of the ones we looked at had issues, mold, wet basements, things like that. We really did like one yesterday but we aren't quite ready to purchase yet, and that one will probably go quickly.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live Strong Total Body. I actually slept in today...got up at 5:30! It felt good.

Judy, I hope you find a house that you like real soon. It's good to look around. The real estate here is going crazy. There are bidding wars on houses, most people get what they asked for or more.

Lori, it sounds like you will be having a great time. Did you bring Travel Fit? I am sure you have the version you made on your laptop. :). If I was driving somewhere and could fit weights in, I would too. We will be doing the painting ourselves....although I wish we weren't. That is exciting seeing Bob's son after not seeing him for that long. You have a lot in common, with your workouts etc. I wonder what he will think of your newest fitness venture, the ropes?

Valerie, I think you made the right decision, in buying the series. It sounds like another good one. I hope you don't have issues with the sound on these. Yes, 6 Cathe workouts for $59 is a steal! I don't remember any sonic booms from our military planes.....I wonder why that is? Maybe they don't do the same maneuvers...edited to add: saw this in the FAQ;s for the new DVD's:

Will the new workouts have a vocals only option?
  • A: Yes the new workouts will have a vocals only option which allows you to use your own music if you prefer.

Lynda, I bet you are right and you need to reboot the iPad. Do you regularly clear out the internet cache files etc? That's good that at least one of the JP pieces was good, and like before, the other gave you something to chat about on the way home. :). Someone that lives in Ma and never been to Cape Cod? That is almost like saying someone living here has never gone to Niagara Falls! LOL. We were at Cape Cod once, we drove to Provincetown and stayed in a lovely B&B. It was the weekend after Labor Day, most of the tourists were gone. It was so nice.

Diane Sue, so all the talk about dogs eating grass....didn't Keegan start eating it yesterday and gagging...etc.? Dogs! Great idea to use the dog mix for treats! When I make homemade treats I use almond flour, baby food ( no added ingredients, etc), and either parsley or mint. That's it....roll them out, cut with small cookie cutters and they are baked until crisp. The dogs love them. I wonder if I could do potted roses? Is there a variety that works well in post? Do you leave them out over the winter?

Hi to Josie & Caitlin,

John is off today, not sure what we will do....maybe go buy the paint for the door and porch. A workout too...no class tonight...yay!

Take care,

Last edited:
I just preordered the downloads! :) This morning I am going for a walk then will do SB Adv Active Stretch. I'll check in and read posts later today! Beautiful day here on the Cape!

Cats eat grass probably for the same reason.. helps to heave up a hair ball! our guy is short hair so not a big problem but every now and then.
I need to go get on the pre order list. Deb thanks for posting that. I assumed there would be vocals only choice since there are so many options on these disks, but that makes it a sure thing.
I don't remember what happened about widespread sonic booms. they were unpopular. I remember the windows vibrating and people complaining about damage. I haven't heard one in a long time. when we hear jets in the mountains, it's a roar not a boom. if you're in trees you won't see them. even if you're in the open they're easy to miss because the plane is past before the sound arrives so by the time you look, they're gone.

Didn't do anything yesterday. Lazy!! some gardening work but most is done for the year. we 're eating homegrown cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, garlic, onions, cukes, zucchini, basil, tomatoes, corn. so good. some things we grow for fun, like onions. nothing special about home grown onions but they're easy. fresh corn is so good. I'm not a fan of supersweet varieties and they're all stores have now. this corn tastes like real corn.

DH does routine oil changes on our cars, and yesterday it was a disaster. we put the used oil in plastic containers to take to recycle. overnight one sprung a leak. I saw of oil on the cardboard, assumed DH had dripped while pouring it. a huge lake of oil in the garage in the morning. what a mess. still dealing with it today.

Hi Ladies,

I managed to do all my workouts last week. Norman and I went to see my DM and to meet with 4 of my brothers an discuss how we are going to help out while she is recuperating. The brother that is taking care of her and living at my parents house has been getting into arguments with my poor dad and dad told him that if he was not happy there to leave. The meeting got out of control because all of my brothers have issues with each other and a lot of resentment towards my father. I was thankful that Norman was there and was able to calm them down. M poor parents feel trapped because they need help. We are looking into getting them outside help rather than having a family member living with them and causing problems. We will all be checking on them daily and my brother will moving in 2 weeks.

I was supposed to have a big party for my 60th birthday but the way that things are going I don't feel like celebrating with any of my brothers. I will be going to visit my peanuts this coming weekend. They moved to the Sierra Forest and they are taking me hiking and to Shaver lake. Can't wait!

Judy, good luck on your search for a new house and happy birthday to Chino!

Lori, have a wonderful vacation!

Lynda, we are going to the Hollywood Bowl on Friday to see Sergio Mendez and Brazil 66. That should be a bit mellow than what you experienced :)

Valerie, I wish that I could grow some veggies. My DH says the back yard would get too messy.

Deb, I will not be buying the new series. I have not used any of my DVD's for a long time.

Hi to Diane Sue!

Josie

Hi everyone--

This morning I did live Strong Total Body (47 min.).

Yes, Deb, I do the cache cleaning regularly. FYI, there's an Amazon Prime movie, Remember, with Christopher Plummer and Martin Landau, that is really good. A little over 90 min. long. I was surprised because it has won a number of awards, but I guess it never did get a wide release. I have been to Niagara Falls. For a long time they were doing the Big Dig in Boston, and I heard such awful tales about how long it took to get to the Cape. Probably not so bad now. Maybe someday.

Josie, that is really too bad that your brothers can't get along. I guess it was a good idea, though, to have a family meeting to decide how to help your parents. I hope your birthday is fun with the peanuts. With the Olympics in Brazil, a good time to listen to Mendez. Very mellow and nothing like Philip Glass.

Judy, the years are going by so quickly. I remember when you adopted Chino and it seems like yesterday.

Valerie, I like sweet corn I guess--butter and sugar. I grew up on the all-yellow corn and it was good too, but our local sweet corn is wonderful. Our tomatoes are coming in now, so I will be gorging on them. Brandywine variety.

Lori, I think you may have chosen the best summer week for Cape Cod. It's getting steadily hotter and more humid this week--a great time for being near the ocean to cool off.

Diane Sue, those are amazing moves. I should do more stretching I'm sure. What are naked ladies??

Anyone watching the Olympics? The gymnasts are incredible this time.

Off to put in my order for the new dvds.

20160808_134749 (360x640) (113x200).jpg View attachment 4899 View attachment 4899 I went back and shrank the picture of the flowers. It was huge from my phone. It seems an odd place that someone chose to plant them.

Today I did Ice Boot Camp Circuit, 45 minutes, 251 calories. I then did T25 Gamma Extreme Circuit, 30 minutes, 200 calories. Total time was 75 minutes and calories 451. My grandson came over and trimmed my hedges and morning glories this morning and hung out till he went to work :D I enjoy having them come over. My 16 year old granddaughter is coming over Wednesday night after a bowling party and staying.

Deb, I saw some recipes using almond flour. Coconut flour has a lot of fiber in it. I really do not see anything in my limited ingredient grain free treats other than molasses that might be a problem. They are duck and potato. I could probably just use some of the pureed chicken with pumpkin and some almond or coconut flour or a mix. I diced up some pieces of chicken and put in a bowl last night to just give her. I read a lot on growing roses and there was this woman that grew even the large ones in pots and planted them in the ground every two years and started growing new ones in the pots. Mine are a larger variety and have been in pots for 4 years. www.heirloomroses.com has ones listed specifically as potted or patio roses. I have always moved mine to a bit more shelter like under the covered patio at our last home and here they are sitting in a planter that is covered by a bit of overhang but still gets plenty of sun. I put mulch around them in winter and they are also by the dryer vent. Our winters are generally not real harsh. The first winter there was a pretty long hard freeze and I put them in the garage for a few days. That is it.

Valerie, I had my oil changed once. My husband was home from out of country and had given them a bit of trouble because they overfilled it. He left the next day to go back out of country and I went out to the garage and there was a huge puddle. I think all of the oil came back out. My son in law took care of it for me. I think they may have did it on purpose but, who knows. The filter was not seated right. It was a mess to clean up. Good you had cardboard on the floor.

Josie, I can understand how your parents would feel. Outside help is a really good idea. Enjoy your time with your peanuts. I hope your 60th birthday is pleasant anyway :)

Lynda, I had never heard of naked ladies till we lived in Ponca City Oklahoma and they seemed to be everywhere. They have no leaves. They just stand there regally with their flowery crowns :) I saw people plant a straight line of them along their driveways.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Today I did a 30 minute C25K run/walk, then XTrain Bi's & Tri's with Core 2. I ordered the new dvds this morning.

Deb-the housing market seems crazy here too. I think there are probably bidding wars in some areas here. We still have some things we have to do to fix up the condo before we can think about putting it on the market.

Valerie-If we do end up buying a house we will definitely be putting in a garden. I would love to grow my own vegetables.

Josie-I'm sorry about your brothers, I know that must be difficult for you. I hope you have a great birthday anyway and enjoy your time with your peanuts.

Lynda-I know what you mean. It's so hard to believe it's been almost 3 years since we adopted Chino. Next April it will be 3 years that we have had Shadow. The years go by so quickly.

Lori-I hope you are having a great vacation! I will be trying out the new SB dvd tomorrow. I haven't been stretching enough lately so I am looking forward to this one!

Hi to Diane Sue & Caitlin!

Judy

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live Solid Cardio + HIIT. 45 minutes, 304 calories. It didn't feel like I was burning that many calories while doing it. I had to do some modifications, but all in all, a good workout. I would rate it a 4. I ordered the new DVD's yesterday. We had a friend of John's come over yesterday and give us an estimate for painting the down'stairs rooms and up the stairway to the second floor. No bedrooms. He can't start until late September, but that is ok with me. I am tired of having workers around. I told him it better be done before Thanksgiving!

Lori, a nice relaxing time, I am envious! Did you get a workout in yesterday?

Valerie, now that you mentioned it, I have not heard the term "sonic boom" in years, maybe decades. They must have done something to make whoever did them stop. Your garden sounds wonderful! Ugh, what a mess with the oil. Are you using something like kitty litter to sop it up?

Josie, that family meeting sounds like what was needed to get things back on track. Good that Norman was able to keep things under control. How is your Mom doing? When is your 60th? Wow I didn't realize that Sergio Mendez was still around and playing. Enjoy your time with the Peanuts.

Lynda, I did the same Live workout that you did on Sunday. :) I like that one a lot. Thanks for the movie tip...I put that in my watchlist on Prime. I like the corn that we get now....so sweet and tender. I remember when corn had a "shelf life" of about 20 minutes. LOL. Maybe it's the GMO thing? (yikes!). No Olympic watching here. I do see all the articles on the injuries though.

Diane Sue, I looked up those naked ladies....not good for zone 5. Glads don't do well here either. :( What limited ingredient grain free treats do you use? I make all this good stuff for the dogs, but still give them a couple milk bone type treats a day....I know, not good, but they love them. Mostly I use Zukes that I get from Amazon.

Judy, good job on the C25K,,,if you are at the 30 minute mark, you must be pretty well into the program. Yes, time flies by..I can't believe Keegan is 8 years old...it seems like yesterday we flew to Illinois to pick him up.

Caitlin, hope the move went well.

A workout, then my uncle is coming in from Florida around noon, if his plane is able to take off etc. He is flying Delta. I have to see if all that mess has been cleared up. My cousin and I are supposed to pick him up and take him to lunch. We'll see.

Take care,

Good morning ladies!

My morning workout consisted of a 3 mile power walk. Followed up with SB's Adv. Active Stretch. It was such a beautiful morning I wanted to be outside. It is once again nice but may do a kickboxing. Not sure what I feel like. Adam thinks it's great that I am so active and loves I have battle ropes! He is such a great kid. He is going back to school for his PHD in health science I believe is what he said. We had some great conversations. Some are just on workouts itself. He recently came back from a 5 week tour of Asia. To stay in shape he pretty much did all bodyweight workouts. Wish he lived next door to train me everyday.

Judy...forgot to wish Happy Birthday to Chino! We celebrate our animal's bdays. They are family too! :). I think you will like the stretch DVD. I have only done 2 and love them. Not sure if the relaxation stretch is for me though. Years ago when we bought our house it was so hard. Everyone was outbidding. We lost a few that we really liked but glad we ended up with the one we have so all worked out.

Deb...I know what you mean about workers constantly around. Good to take a break from it all. I will look up that cardio workout, can't remember if I did it or not. There are so many workouts now. I joined when she first started and had only 1 and now there are over 100. It is so great. Cathe is such a great business woman. I briefly saw there was a Delta issue but not sure what was going on. Hoping your Uncle makes it with no issues.

Josie...so sorry about your brothers. I agree having someone from the outside come in to care for them sounds like the best thing to do. Great that you have been keeping up with your workouts. Try and have a nice quite bday and do something special. You deserve it. Enjoy the peanuts!

Valerie...what a mess! Like Deb mentioned I have also seen people throw kitty litter over the oil to help absorb. Your garden sounds amazing. I would love to have a garden in my yard. But not have to do any of the work! :)

Diane Sue...the flowers looked beautiful. On my walk yesterday there were so many beautiful flowers people have planted. There are a few I love and do not know the names. The flower's themselves are huge and very beautiful. I'll take a picture and post the next time I go for a morning walk.

Lynda...so far we have had perfect weather. I forgot you have never been to the Cape. It really is fun and the seafood is amazing! We took Adam to our favorite place for lobster rolls. Little restaurant that sits overlooking a mariner. We love watching the boats come and go. He had never heard of lobster rolls and neither had Bob when he moved here. Needless to say he loved them.

Hi to Caitlin!

Deb, the treats are Natural Balance L.I.T.. The ingredients are pretty simple. Dried potatoes, duck, potato protein, molasses, canola oil, natural flavor, natural mixed tocopherals, natural hickory smoke flavor, citric acid, rosemary extract. No unidentifiable sounding stuff. They probably have them at Amazon. I used to buy wellness brand a lot from Amazon as well. My dogs like them. I don't know why I started picking up things in Walmart etc.. She really loves the Blue Dog bakery treats but those are what I think disagree with her. One is okay but my husband started asking her where she wanted her cookie from and she would go to the jar by the crate with Blue Dog peanut butter treats (I think they have wheat in them) instead of the healthy jar in the kitchen. It is like asking a child if they want peas or a cookie. I noticed she was going through those too fast.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

We did a mt bike yesterday, about 2 .5 hours. ended up talking to a horse person for quite a while at the halfway point. the area we ride is maintained by volunteers mostly horse people. we gave her our email so we can pitch in and help out. mt bikers have a bad rep for being careless little speed demons who scare horses. we will try to counter that impression.
I signed up for the preorder yesterday.

Josie you may be better off with outside help. family can contribute if they can get along. if people arrive "with an attitude" , it comes out somewhere. my family is an outstanding bad example of how off- base things can get. there are so many personal agendas going on, each person thinking the other sibling is taking advantage, or not doing their part, or trying to influence the parents against the others. it is a minefield.

Our garden is a set fenced area. (lots of deer). I gave up on roses.... the deer LOVED them. too hard to fence them out. garden is a lot of work in spring and early summer. once things are growing , it takes care of itself. With home grown crops, you want ( generally) things that ripen sequentially so the whole harvest doesn't arrive at once. commercial people want the opposite, all at once. the kind of seeds a home gardener wants are different types than a commercial grower. we stagger our seeding so the harvest stretches out over time. Corn is difficult. almost everything has extra sweetness added in varying degrees. I think it tastes like saccharine! a little is OK but most of the grocery store stuff is inedible for me. we have trouble finding seeds for the corn these days. I believe almost all corn is GMO now, along with soybeans, beets.
we also grow lettuce, swiss chard, & winter squash. winter squash is the only thing I harvest and store. I use hundreds of pounds of it every year. when the season is over, we plant a cover crop so it's lush & green all year. would much rather have a garden than a lawn but we have both.

we are recording the Olympics for 4 hours in the evening on a disk. we can watch the next day and FF over the commercials, events we don't like to watch, and person profiles.
diane sue my DH checks the oil level every time we have it done by a dealer. usually it is over or under filled. we use the dealer to do our truck but we do subaru at home. never had a leak until this one. we re-use the plastic container and it didn't give us a warning that it was leaking. we had to use newspaper. I use expensive corn based kitty litter. yep, it was a mess.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.