Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/15

Hi Deb, Josie, Joan, and Valerie--

This morning I did Dancetonic, both routines (60 min.).

We keep moving in and out of rain cycles here--a backed up front or something. DH understands all of the meteorological stuff. I don't.

Valerie, I pre-ordered, but I like almost every type of workout--barre, step, dance, and yoga a little. Maybe you should wait and see if any of them appeal to you. Deb is right, though, about the price, and there will be premixes on all of the dvds, which I regard as a major plus.

Phew! I am totally disgusted with the American Idol finalists this year. Both country singers, one a Elvis wannabe who looks like that big-eared fellow on the front of Mad magazine, the other a chubby teenager who looks like her stylist is going for cheap and cheesy. The one I liked who did not get enough votes has a bluesy voice, can sing everything from Joplin to Led Zeppelin, and is gorgeous. Sang a Stevie Nicks song on Wednesday that was one of my faves. But----I don't vote, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Have a great weekend everyone! I will be heavy into paper-grading doldrums.

Good afternoon,

Dm leg has now stayed the same so she will be measured for stockings Monday. Her calf is 17in. She lost 6in. all over leg and foot. Pretty amazing. Sprain has now healed and she is walking into kitchen. I'm having her ease into it. On days of PT I get her breakfast.

I had extreme pain on vacation but all food was high fat. Since coming home my headache has been worse than the gallbladder pain. I do have discomfort most of the time with gallbladder.

I found out today that even closing virus at the x can trigger the download of the virus.

Joan

Good morning,

No class today, the teacher has a dog show to attend with her beautiful Irish Setter, that she is trying to get a championship on. So we get a break, however I really like agility class and wish we were going. We have our play tickets for later this afternoon. I don't even know what the name of the play is. Have to check that out.

We are supposed to have
sun.gif
today, but rain again tomorrow, so I hope to get some gardening done while it's nice.

Garance, got the check, thanks. Have you been watching DWTS? Absolutely think that Kirstie Alley should have been voted off many weeks ago. Shows that dancing talent is not what it takes to stay on. I want the Disney girl to win, she is the best dancer of all of them. I am afraid it will be Hines Ward, the football player. Carrie Ann is in love with him, he can do no wrong.

Joan, so glad to hear your DM is doing better. You should get the GB out as soon as possible. When my DH had it, he ended up in the ER and then we had to schedule asap, not a good thing. He had 5 tiny incisions, because they had a hard time getting it out, and the surgeon said he almost abandoned the easy way and went to the full blown one, but ended up not having to. DH still has issues with eating some things, especially fatty foods.

What is everyone up to this weekend? I know Garance is grading papers, :(, but hopefully will get out when there is some sun.

take care,

I am finally getting over this head cold. went to yoga yesterday and it was Ok because nothing upside down which doesn't work when I am this congested. other wise did shopping and errands but no exercise other than some gardening. I think today I will be well enough to do something.

Lynda, meant to say we did get a new copy of The Kings Speech and thoroughly enjoyed it. excellent movie. we just rented Black Swan and I can't say much good about it. every character was a neurotic or just plain nuts! acting was good but did not enjoy this one and would not sit thru it again. so glad this didn't get best pic.

Joan I agree with DeB... you want the less invasive procedure if possible. but they will still retain the option to do the bigger incision if necessary. go with a plan and get it done with all the prelims done on a regular surgery schedule, rather than emergency.

Back to drizzle today after 3 nice days that I mostly wasted because I felt so crummy. Great timing.

Hi Deb, Josie, Joan, and Valerie--

Housemax this morning and now I am in my office trying to face papers. Just briefly checking in here to see what everyone is up to.

Deb, I've been watching DWTS off and on and agree it should be Chelsea from what I have seen. Kirstie Alley must be getting some sympathy votes. She is very brave to wear some of those costumes I guess. Our weather continues to be the chance of showers any time. Just cannot seem to get this front out of here.

Valerie--I just found Black Swan creepy, but it made me think about Swan Lake in new ways. If I did not have all these papers to grade, I would go see Bridesmaids, which has received some very positive reviews (esp. from Manohla Dargis, who likes maybe 1 out of every 20 films she reviews).

Joan, that's good news about your mom. Hope she continues to improve.

Enough schmoozing! Must grade.

Beautiful day today. I thought it would rain but after rain last night it was dry all day. We worked in the yard until 5pm.

We went to a charity trivia night. I know nothing about trivia at least this time. The event did raise over $52,000 for St. Judes Children's Hospital.

Dm leg stayed the same so she will get fitted for compression stockings Monday. Good thing because her legs are getting smaller than mine.:D

Appointment with the surgeon is Tuesday. I don't think surgery can get scheduled before we go on vacation. Since my deductible is $3500. I plan to get everything else done this year too. Last Thursday had mammogram and will schedule colonoscopy later.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.