PEEPing in on Wednesday

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning Peepmeisters. Today is a rest day for me. I volunteer with a kids program at church Wed evenings, so I don't have time to fit a workout in after work. Besides, I think the kids give me enough of a workout.

Taa till later...

Morning Robin and all the peeps who follow~

Today is either kettlebells or some kind of cardio/ub circuit. I have a feeling kettlebells will win. I'm obsessed with the dang things.

Robin - enjoy your rest day, though it doesn't sound much like you'll be resting!

Good Morning Robin , Shelley & all who follow.

I have the kbell way planned for my workout today.

Robin enjoy your rest day and I agree kids can be a workout mentally & physically. Have fun with them though :)

Shelley I'm just starting out with kbells and really finding them enjoyable. Which kbell dvds do you like to use?

Well one of my cats left a not so nice present on my couch which needs cleanup - ugh ! Not a great way to start my day but its usually a normal thing here, even with sensitive stomach foods I get them blech :confused:

Have a great day everyone

picture.php

HI Peeps

Robin- Have fun with the kids tonight!

Shelly- I enjoy seeing you post again! KB have become part of my workouts too, although this week 4DS is my weapon of choice.

Vilma- IMO the Art of Strength Kettle Bell DVD's are the industry standard for KB instruction. They are down right challenging! I hope your kitties don't have any more stomach upsets on your furniture.

Today is 4DS legs/core (minus the KB ) then off to yoga class.

We have had two IPOD fatalities for our teens in two weeks ( one stolen :mad:& one died:() . Lack of music has a major affect on the *environment* around here! We may just have to cave in and replace:eek:. (ouch!)

Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

I am so glad this week is almost over. I only work 3 days the next two weeks. Planning SZ and some chinups this evening.

Robin, have a great rest day!!
Shelley, enjoy the KBs
Vilma, eeeew!! Sorry :confused:
Judy, I love 4ds wt work!! Have fun!

Hope everyone's day is wonderful:):)

Hey peepers. It's wednesday already?!
I have a 5 miler today: a mile warmup, 3 miles @ 9:22, a mile cool down.
Should be a nice w/out for me. Then I have one more 3 miler and I am good to go for Sunday! Woohoo. The weather has really cooled off here too. Thank goodness. I did not want to run a half-marathon in 85 + weather.
JUDY---- I don't think that I could survive without my iPod. I can't imagine if I were a teenager! :p
VILMA---- Sorry about the cat. Doesn't sound like much fun first thing in the morning. Have a great day.
Catherine---What is SZ? Yay for 3 day weeks. Have a good one.
SHELLEY---Have fun with those KB's. I have never used them. I was looking at them at Target on Sunday though.
ROBIN-----Have a good day with the kids. Sounds like it is all the w/out that you will need.

Good morning ladies!
Today was GS Back/biceps, Kickmax leg drills, and KPC abs.

Robin-Enjoy KidMax today.:)

Shelley-I need to plug my ears.;)(or cover my eyes)Must resist kettlebells. :)

Vilma-I'm sorry you have a mess to clean up this morning.:(

Judy-That's terrible about the IPOD issues.

Catherine-I'm glad you have some time off in the next two weeks. Enjoy Strike Zone.

LaDonna- I do enjoy the Zumba classes, although I admit to being slightly more comfortable doing it in the living room because of all the hip shaking.;)

Have a great day everyone!!

Peeping in quickly to say hello to all.
Today is a forced rest day as I still have this rotten head cold, clogged ear, sore throat thing going on. :(
Hope everyone enjoys their day.
elliemom

Hola Peepers!

Robin--Enjoy your rest day! :)
Shelly--Kettlebells are one thing I have not tried yet. But it seems like everyone loves them!
Vilma--As the owner of two cats (one with a super sensitive stomach) I *so* understand the cleaning of the couch routine...and cleaning of the carpet...the hardwood foyer...LOL!
Judy--I hear the iPod is addicting. I don't have one (I know, I know, I'm so out of touch!) but from those who have them, they cannot imagine a day without one...so to keep "harmony" in the house (LOL, little iPod joke!) you probably do have to replace them! :)
Catherine--Chin ups...I can't even imagine!!
LaDonna--Sounds like you have a good run planned this morning!
Beth--Wow, that was an intense work out this morning! Whoo hoo!

My workout was thwarted by my cat, nicknamed Mr. Emotionally Needy. Mr. Needy "needed" to bother me at 2AM...2:45AM...4AM...UGH! If the laundry room wasn't on the other side of the house, I would have locked him up there! (If you shut the door, he just stands next to it and HOWLS for an hour.) So Mr. Needy made me sleep through the time scheduled for Drill Max. Sigh. I will see if I can squeeze one in tonight, but since I'm a morning person who begins to crash around 9:30PM, I doubt this will happen...

I must say my other cat, nicknamed Ms. Snaggletooth because she has lost all her teeth except one due to a rare auto-immune disease, slept happily on the edge of the bed and didn't bother me at all. She gets a gold star on her chart today.

:) Wendy

LOL at all the cat stories. We have a bulemic cat. He eats until he can eat no more, then goes to the nearest carpet and throws it up.

I,too, am resisting the KB craze, but only because they are so danged expensive. With needing a new roof, many car repair bills, babysitting bills etc, there isn't a penny to spare for a KB.

ellie, feel better. Hope the boys don't catch it. Or did you catch it from them?

Peeps Check-in

Peeps:

Good morning! Just a quick check-in before I run out the door. This is looking like an unplanned recovery week. I have been spending my free time curling up with a heating pad and cramps this week. I wanted to do Muscle Max yesterday morning, but I had a sharp pain in my left knee when I attempted to do any kind of squat or lunge. I did CTX Step and Intervals cardio on the floor instead. It is short and sweet and makes me smile. I love the choreography in this one. My workout for this morning was the 10*10*10 cardio (on the floor for the step combination). My knee is thankfully feeling better today.

I am looking forward to my Zumba class tonight. Yes, it is a blast of dancy fun! It feels more like dancing at a party than working out. Fun, fun, fun! I love the standing ab work too. I have no experience with the DVDs, but I highly recommend live classes.

Shelley, wanna share some chocolate with me this week?

Karin, I am keeping your family in my prayers. Hugs!

Hugs and waves to Robin, Shelley, Vilma, Judy, Catherine, LaDonna, Beth, Ellie, Wendy, and the rest of the peeps who visit today. I hope to return later for personals.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hiya Peepers!

I decided to do S&H yesterday and my chest is so sore:confused: I was able to get in a couple sets of bench press with 30's which I've been working up to. I find it hard to go really heavy because the count is so slow. Haven't decided yet which cardio I'm doing today. Maybe BM2 scrambled eggs.

Robin~ Thanks for the heads up on the Honey Nut Shredded Wheat. I'll have to try them:p

Shelley~ I can't think of the first & last lines of my favorite book for your question of the day:confused:

Vilma~ Have fun with your KB workout.

Judy~ I feel your pain about the iPods. I have a 1st generation that freezes up on me so I'm sure its near the end.

Catherine~ Happy chinups! I have a love/hate relationship with them....well, to be truthful, I just have a hate relationship with them;)

LaDonna~ Is your HM on Sunday? Good luck!

Beth~ Ouch....KM leg conditioning is tough

Ellie~ Get some rest & hope you feel better soon

Wendy~ Your kitty's names are cute.

Heather~ Have fun at your Zumba class tonight. Hope your cramps get better. TTOM for me and I'm crampy and crabby:eek:

Hi to all that follow!

Judi

Hi peeps. Well today is my dad’s surgery. He has a tumor on his kidney and they are removing that and the kidney. We got to the hospital this morning at 6 am and he should be in the recovery room by 1 pm. My DH and I are here with my mom waiting at the hospital and it’s going by kind of slowly but I’m trying to stay positive for her. There have been lots of tears this morning but I am trying to think positive thoughts. No workouts for me today!

Robin, what types of activities do you do with the kids with your volunteer kids program. It must be fun.

Shelley, I think I remember that you were sick last week. It seems like you are doing better since you are going to do some kettlebells. I haven’t tried KBs yet but they look like fun.

Vilma, you are another KBer? How often do you do KB workouts?

Judy, your workout sounds good. What type of yoga do you do? I’m sorry about your ipod fatalities. That irritates me when you spend money on these things and don’t last very long. I’m embarrassed to admit that I have actually owned 3 ipods.

Catherine, is SZ Tracey’s Strike Zone? I haven’t tried that workout. Do you like it? Thanks for the good surgery vibes for my Dad. I can feel them!!

LaDonna, is your half marathon on Sunday?

Beth, I love KM leg drills. I haven’t done them in a long time, but I should put it in my schedule.

Elliemom, hope you feel better soon!

Wendy, I hope that you get some workout in today.

Heather, glad your knee is feeling better and that you are listening to your body and not pushing through it. I tried that and it didn’t work so well. Thank you so much for your prayers. We need them.

Judi, OMG the first time I did SH chest and I couldn’t move without cringing for the next couple of days. It’s a killer.

{{{{Karin}}}}

Sending good thoughts and prayers for your dad. I hope the surgery goes well and he has a good recovery. Keep us posted.

Judi

Just popping in quickly to say that I totally agreement with the assessment of the Art of Strength kb workouts. Very challenging and very fun.

Karin - sending positive vibes to your dad for his surgery. Let us know how it goes!

Hi peeps. Well today is my dad’s surgery. He has a tumor on his kidney and they are removing that and the kidney. We got to the hospital this morning at 6 am and he should be in the recovery room by 1 pm. My DH and I are here with my mom waiting at the hospital and it’s going by kind of slowly but I’m trying to stay positive for her. There have been lots of tears this morning but I am trying to think positive thoughts. No workouts for me today!

Sending prayers and postive vibes!!

Oh and SZ is Strike Zone and I really like it.

It is a sad day here at my house. The pool men are here closing down the pool for the winter. :( It really is fall now isn't it?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.