P90X3 Disappointment

Is anybody else really disappointed with the newest installment of P90X? :(I've been patiently trying to follow the rotation and give these workouts a go but so far these workouts are an uncoordinated disjointed mess and I'm not sure what to expect results wise at the end of 90 days. I probably should have waited for more reviews before I caved in and made the purchase but I guess I was suckered by the previews. Now I'm starting to appreciate Cathe's workouts all the more and I may do another X train rotation starting next week and incorporate some of the more tolerable P90X 3 workouts for a little variety. At least then I may get a little use out of this set.

Don't these DVDs come with a "30 days trial or your money back" offer? Send them back. Expect and demand better. Don't throw your money away lightly. Would you flush it down the toilet? Throw it off a cliff?

Clare

Say it isn't so! I was particularly interested in the Essentric Upper/Lower ones, not because they say "muscle building" :p because of the "essentric" part.

Can anyone weigh in here?

I can't believe they are bad, it's just not like Tony to put out something "uncoordinated & disjointed" seriously? I'm waiting on the P90X3 in 60 seconds review myself, or will it be P90X3 in 30 seconds?

I don't believe you. :p so there.

I sent mine back. I found them unchallenging and boring. I get way better workouts from Cathe and Kelly Coffey. For me there wasn't anything about them I liked and was really disappointed.

So far my husband and I like P90X3:D We only did Synergistic and Agility, liked them both. You do have a 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee.

Don't these DVDs come with a "30 days trial or your money back" offer? Send them back. Expect and demand better. Don't throw your money away lightly. Would you flush it down the toilet? Throw it off a cliff?

Clare

I'm really thinking about sending the workouts back and getting a refund on my money. I was really trying to stick it out and soldier through the rotation in the hopes that things will pick up and get more interesting but so far that isn't happening. I gave Agility another try last night and I was bored out of my mind.:(

Say it isn't so! I was particularly interested in the Essentric Upper/Lower ones, not because they say "muscle building" :p because of the "essentric" part.

Can anyone weigh in here?

I can't believe they are bad, it's just not like Tony to put out something "uncoordinated & disjointed" seriously? I'm waiting on the P90X3 in 60 seconds review myself, or will it be P90X3 in 30 seconds?

I don't believe you. :p so there.

I haven't done the Eccentric Upper and Lower yet, but I previewed it and that is one of the workouts I was thinking about keeping along with The Challenge. It seems like there are a couple of gems in P90X3 but overall I'm not sure if it's really my cup of tea. I really wanted to like P90X3 too so it's kind of a downer.

My favorite ones are CVX and Incinerator :D I don't have the Elite workouts. The only ones I haven't done in the base package are Warrior and Agility. I'm really 'trying' to do some easier workouts a couple times during the week to vary the intensity. I think I'm just so used to tough 50-60min workouts that it's hard to do. I just started STS so the P90X3 cardio ones will be good for me to add in the rotation.

I have previewed them all and was undecided at first until I started to actually do them. I did not think I would like isometrix or the pilates as much as I did and really felt my core working as this is where I lack in strength.

I like they are only 30 minutes which allows me to add tons of variety in my workouts. All and all I am happy with them.

I too love CVX...first time I used 5lbs. The second time was 8lbs and really felt it all over the next day. Next time I am going to up it to 10lbs and see how I feel.

I get mine tomorrow. I don't have any intentions of doing a full rotation of it ever, but I'm hoping to be able to incorporate the workouts into other rotations. Crossing fingers that it works out.

I'm really thinking about sending the workouts back and getting a refund on my money. I was really trying to stick it out and soldier through the rotation in the hopes that things will pick up and get more interesting but so far that isn't happening. I gave Agility another try last night and I was bored out of my mind.:(

How long do you have to send them back? The descriptions sounded really interesting, then again it took me over a year I think or longer to warm up to the idea of getting the 1st P90x, and that was after it's resurgence here in the Cathe forums. Hard to believe that one has been out as long as it has.

It's a bummer when you get something that doesn't work out.

How long do you have to send them back? The descriptions sounded really interesting, then again it took me over a year I think or longer to warm up to the idea of getting the 1st P90x, and that was after it's resurgence here in the Cathe forums. Hard to believe that one has been out as long as it has.

It's a bummer when you get something that doesn't work out.

90 day money back guarantee.

These are not my choice at all when it comes to weight lifting. Much better options such as Cathe. But they are good short workouts that seems to focus more on balance while using the core.

90 day money back guarantee.

These are not my choice at all when it comes to weight lifting. Much better options such as Cathe. But they are good short workouts that seems to focus more on balance while using the core.

How many of them use weights or involve pull ups/push ups/chin ups? It's kind of hard to tell from that other thread. Incinerator?
and the decelerator...what is that?

I don't know - I shamelessly watch Tony's infomercials all the time, he's anything but boring. I think for variety & challenge, it looks like a pretty interesting package.

How many of them use weights or involve pull ups/push ups/chin ups?

I hope it's ok to quote Kathy G from another forum. But it was so perfect.
Resistance:
1. Total Synergistics - More core focused with lighter weights
2. The Challenge - Pushup/pullup (repeat for 30 minutes)
3. Incinerator - Upper body with medium weights (corrected from earlier post)
4. The Warrior - Body weight exercises
5. Eccentric Upper - all resistance (you can go heavier)
6. Eccentric Lower - all resistance (you can go heavier)

And I would add:
7) CVX - - you hold a weight or weighted ball for almost all of the workout but it's more of a "metabolic cardio" than strength.

Decelerator...what is that?
It's a cardio/balance workout. You mostly jump and land on one leg while trying to keep your balance. It was fun but not very intense.

I think Tony is kind of funny in P90X3. He doesn't annoy me but then again I never did a true P90X rotation either :)

Hi

I tried Total Synergistics yesterday and I'm feeling my core today. I couldn't do some moves like the last one where you go from a one legged turn to the side then turn forward like a one legged airplane. Just picked up a kb and did single legged deadlifts.
Couldn't do the boat move that goes into that legs off the floor and over your head either.
It seemed longer than 30 minutes. But it was 30 minutes.
I don't know if it would be able to deliver what it promises.

Received mine on Friday. I've reviewed them all and they are exactly what I thought they would be. I love the look of them. I did the MMX workout today. Holy Moly is all I can say. I was huffing and puffing the entire time and my entire body felt worked. There were a lot of 'spawls', which is basically a burped with no jumping at the top. The pace of the combos is varied from slower to somewhat fast. Sometimes I matched the pace other times I needed to go slower to make sure form was good. Overall, I loved the workout. I'm going to do CVX tomorrow. These are def a keeper for me. However, I won't be doing a full rotation of it right now. Instead I'm going to do a hodge podge of Rush Fit, HC, and P90X3. They all seem to fit together well for what I'm working on right now, which is increased core strength.

I could check online but since you all have them... does it come with a Stretch DVD like the original has, but a half-hour version?

Toni - did you make a rotation?

Received mine on Friday. I've reviewed them all and they are exactly what I thought they would be. I love the look of them. I did the MMX workout today. Holy Moly is all I can say. I was huffing and puffing the entire time and my entire body felt worked. There were a lot of 'spawls', which is basically a burped with no jumping at the top. The pace of the combos is varied from slower to somewhat fast. Sometimes I matched the pace other times I needed to go slower to make sure form was good. Overall, I loved the workout. I'm going to do CVX tomorrow. These are def a keeper for me. However, I won't be doing a full rotation of it right now. Instead I'm going to do a hodge podge of Rush Fit, HC, and P90X3. They all seem to fit together well for what I'm working on right now, which is increased core strength.

Hi Toni
Would love to see how you put these together - some of my faves as well!
Best,
Liz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.