P90X or SLim series?WHich is better?

luvmylbb

Cathlete
My sister is looking to lose about 10 pounds. SHe reg. works out w/ CAthe but is looking to change things up a little, should she go with Slim series or P90X?THank s for the advice :)

The slim series is for beginners to intermediate exercisers, P90X is very advance it focus is on muscle gain especially upper body, it is tough, but it is mostly weight workouts, you do cardio only twice a week, unless you have time to do doubles meaning you workout twice a day. IMO P90X is to gain muscle and definition, not to lose weight.

To lose weight the most important thing is the diet, a lot of cardio or circuit type workouts like, BC, or the terminators.

If your sister is intermediate to advanced and needs a change from Cathe type weight work outs, I'd say go with P90X. It is tough and motivating and perfect for losing that last 10 lbs. Especially if she needs something to shake up her routine. Slim Series is much more of an endurance type work out. Lots of reps and low weights.

If a lot of the Cathes she's doing now are along the lines of Muscle Endurance or Power Hour, it may not be enough of a change. I did find that Cathe's cardio is a great compliment to P90X.

Both are good, but very different. She should check out the Beach Body boards or videofitness.com to get some idea of which series will best suit her. Of course, she could also get both!:D

I bought the P90X series but haven't really used it since you need a pullup bar for most of the upper body work. I bought the bands thay sell on their website that you hook on a door if you can't install a bar, but they didn't work for me. So I would say only get it if you have a pullup bar.

I did do the legs workout which was very good. It has a timer so you can count down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.