P90X Check-in

When I do the back workouts, I do the exercises from Legs and Back on a bar and those from Shoulders & Arms or Chest/Shoulders/Triceps on my Bowflex. I have been getting much more fatigued doing assisted ups/unassisted downs when I use the bar. Last night was L&B, so I steeled myself for the usual humiliation of attempting pull-ups and I actually did ONE REAL PULL-UP! That got me so excited that I did way more unassisted downs than before, and just burned through all the leg work.

This is the most encouraged I've felt since starting this series a couple months ago. I was beginning to think I would never do a pull-up. I was telling myself stupid things like only female apples can do pull-ups. So please, if anyone else is feeling discouraged about pull-ups, you can do it if I can!

--Ann

I was able to up my wts on every exercise some I had to do a mini break.I really can lift much heavier I guess because of the rest periods.ab ripper does get easier as does everything eventually:D hang on.

Ann,

Thanks for the advice on the unassisted downs on the pull-ups. I was so pumped on my first day (yesterday) I almost completed one pull-up!!!!

Isn't it funny how excited doing a pull-up can make you feel?!
Tamikka

I thought i was in better shape!! P90x is kicking my butt }( ... i prepped for a few weeks with using Slow and heavy and terminator. I spin and run and regularly do interval training. But after a few short days of p90x, there isn't a muscle in my body that isn't sore!
plyo x is very deceiving. It seems like a great cardio workout, but has really left me with some doms.
Off to do shoulders and arms. Hoping to work out some of this soreness. Maybe i'll get in the pool today to loosen up.

Again, love this workout and will definately order Cathe's hardcore when it's time!:) :)

Good grief Kathryn! You are an animal!!Ha! I don't think I would be able to do 30 reps let alone a MEDICINE BALL!!:eek: More power to you! You are tough. Kathy:D

Oh no Donna don't tell me!!!!! I haven't even previewed Core Synergistics yet; now I'm scared.Ha! Thanks for the headsup. Kathy:D

>Oh no Donna don't tell me!!!!! I haven't even previewed Core
>Synergistics yet; now I'm scared.Ha! Thanks for the headsup.
>Kathy:D

Always glad to help, LOL! :D

I was able to up all my weight in Back & Biceps today. Hoping for a bit of soreness tomorrow.....yes...crazy......tomorrow is Yoga and I do look forward to it as P90X was my introduction to yoga....:)...Carole

This was your intro to yoga? Oh, Lordy, Lordy. I would have quit if my first yoga tapes made me sweat like this! Alexis

I only stumbled a few times that first day of YogaX!!!! Instead of landing on my head doing the "crane"....I fell to my right side...a bit unbalanced I had always thought...:)....I have gotten much better...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.