Opinion on home gym????

D

daisy

Hi!
I have been interested in the Bowflex machine since Fitness magazine named it "best home gym" a year or so ago. All the infomercials have me itchin' to get one. I am mainly interested in the exercises that one cannot do with only free weights: leg extension, leg curl, lat pulldown, etc. I know that I can get all I need from freeweights, but I am interested in this.
Anyway, my question is are you familiar with this machine? What are your thoughts/opinion? Have you used it?
Any info/input would be great.
Thanks!!

Hi Daisy!

I am familiar with it but have never used it. Unfortunately, without ever using it I cannot give a fair opinion. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Bowflex

Hi Daisy! My husband and I love the bowflex! It is challenging for both of us. I got it for the same reason that you are interested in it - pulldowns, leg extensions, leg curls, etc. It works really well! Just wanted to give you my opinion - Sara :)

Bowflex

Hi,
We have one, and my husband loves it, my father loves his too, and it can be very challenging, or can be great for therapy after surgery.
happy.gif

Bowflex

Hi, Daisy!
I haven't used a Bowflex, but if I were to get a home gym, that's what I'd choose. Because of the more "personalized" range of motion and movement path you get from using the weight rods rather than the fixed path that other machines like the Soloflex have, I think it's safer than other machines. If you think you'd use it, go for it! OF course, if you're like me and turn most exercise machines into clothes hangars after a few weeks, you might want to hold off on it
wink.gif
On hint: if you call the 800 number to ask for info, they'll send you a video and brochure. DON'T order right away (unless you just can't wait), because in several weeks, you'll start getting special offers from them, like free leg extention and lat pulldown attachments and/or free shipping.

Thanks Cathe!!

Thank you for your honesty, and taking time to answer me. I know how busy you are.
Daisy

Hi Sara!

Thanks for your input! I can't wait to get mine - haven't ordered it yet. I contacted several used equipment places to see if they had a used one But, they didn't. I will give them a little while longer to find one, and then order it full price if I must.
I am curious how you fit it into your workouts, and what all do you do - both regular exercise wise (I assume you use Cathe tapes, but do you use others?) and how many exercises do you do on the Bowflex, and what are they?
Very Curious, Daisy

Hi Kathryn!!

Yes! I agree. I have wanted one since Fitness magazine rated it best home gym. It doesn't seem to have many of the drawbacks of typical gym equipment - no use of stabilizing muscles, restricted range of motion, etc.
I have called *FIVE* times to get the free tape and info, but still haven't gotten it. When I called about not receiving one the guy on the phone said the mailcarriers take them.
I don't know what the problem is, but I want my tape.
Do you have the tape? What is on it?
Thanks, Daisy

video

I'm not sure if I still have the tape (may have "recyled" it). It's basically one of the infomercials, with maybe a bit of extra info.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.