on your own or with cathe?

I do mainly video workouts, but not just Cathe: Tony Horton, Jari Love, Gin Miller, Amy Bento, and several more are in my collection. I have done weight workouts on my own, but not for a while.

I do mainly video workouts, but not just Cathe: Tony Horton, Jari Love, Gin Miller, Amy Bento, and several more are in my collection. I have done weight workouts on my own, but not for a while.

Lately I've been doing a lot of weights using "istrength" from iballet. I came to really like audio workouts - I can watch movies on mute with subtitles!

Lately I've been doing a lot of weights using "istrength" from iballet. I came to really like audio workouts - I can watch movies on mute with subtitles!

I've been struggling with motivation lately, so, since I know both S&H and GS workouts like the back of my hand, I have been weight training on my own. I use the exact same exercises, but have more fun with it since I watch TV shows on DVD while I am lifting: Brothers & Sisters, The Closer and now, Nip/Tuck. I am both entertained, and getting strong! You have to be very disciplined to do this though. And luckily, I am.

Clare

I've been struggling with motivation lately, so, since I know both S&H and GS workouts like the back of my hand, I have been weight training on my own. I use the exact same exercises, but have more fun with it since I watch TV shows on DVD while I am lifting: Brothers & Sisters, The Closer and now, Nip/Tuck. I am both entertained, and getting strong! You have to be very disciplined to do this though. And luckily, I am.

Clare

I have been running with a friend and doing Cathe's workouts. Although my gym has gotten new kickboxing classes that I have been wanting to attend!

I have been running with a friend and doing Cathe's workouts. Although my gym has gotten new kickboxing classes that I have been wanting to attend!

I am strictly Cathe. I may walk or do yoga, but those are the only times I don't use her. I wish she would make a yoga video?!
Ellen

I am strictly Cathe. I may walk or do yoga, but those are the only times I don't use her. I wish she would make a yoga video?!
Ellen

I do both. It's too cold now to work out in our garage with the smith machine, so I'm using Cathe's for my weight training. Bit in the spring and summer I like to lift really heavy out there with my husband. I've had great results with it. I like the much heavier weights and longer recovery times.

Now if I could just stop eating crap.

Maggie:)

I do both. It's too cold now to work out in our garage with the smith machine, so I'm using Cathe's for my weight training. Bit in the spring and summer I like to lift really heavy out there with my husband. I've had great results with it. I like the much heavier weights and longer recovery times.

Now if I could just stop eating crap.

Maggie:)

I used to do weights on my own at the gym, but for the past several years it was getting harder and harder for me to make it to the gym, so I wasn't doing weights as much. Now I'm Cathe all the way! I feel like I need her guidance and motivation! :)

Leanne

I used to do weights on my own at the gym, but for the past several years it was getting harder and harder for me to make it to the gym, so I wasn't doing weights as much. Now I'm Cathe all the way! I feel like I need her guidance and motivation! :)

Leanne

so for those that alternate between your own workout and cathe's tapes do you see a difference with results between them? do you see a greater change with cathe pushing you or on your own?

so for those that alternate between your own workout and cathe's tapes do you see a difference with results between them? do you see a greater change with cathe pushing you or on your own?

I do weight workouts strictly with Cathe. I try to do it on my own but I just get bored. I see results with her so I must be doing something right (and Cathe of course!). :)

I do weight workouts strictly with Cathe. I try to do it on my own but I just get bored. I see results with her so I must be doing something right (and Cathe of course!). :)

Today I took HSC's warm up and several exercises along with a few of my own and made my own Cathe work out of sorts. It keeps it fresh and fun!:)

Hi all,

95% of the time I do my weight work with Cathe. Mainly because I feel the routines are always balanced. After getting an injury while being on my own for lower body for a while, I'm convinced that it was partly due to a muscular imbalance, so I'm quite aware of that now. I probably could figure out some routines on my own, but it's easier just to rely on an expert.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.