On Demand Quick Select

Alex1004

Cathlete
Hi
Lately I've been unable to use the On Demand Quick Select to launch videos from the monthly rotations. I can launch videos from the app but can't seem to launch the videos from the website so when I go to the rotation and click on the video it does not play. In fact nothing happens. I see the Chrome cast icon, but nothing happens when I touch it. I have a Samsung Galaxy 8+ Any suggestions?

Please help thank you.

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,

It sounds like your not logged into your account. The quick select only works on a web browser, so you have to log into your account also through your web browser before clicking on a link.

Hi Yvonne,

It sounds like your not logged into your account. The quick select only works on a web browser, so you have to log into your account also through your web browser before clicking on a link.

I
Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for replying but I'm pretty sure I have logged into my account.

Hi Yvonne, I would double check. You can't use the app to log in. You have to log in through your browser. I checked and the links I tested all worked fine.

Hi Yvonne, I would double check. You can't use the app to log in. You have to log in through your browser. I checked and the links I tested all worked fine.

Is it possible to walk me through the steps? I'm totally lost. Sorry.

Yvonne

Hi Alexa1044, On your phone open your web browser and go to https://cathe.com/stream/my-account/ . Then enter your username and password and then click the orange login button. You will now be logged into your account through your browser. Now just go to the rotation you want to use by going to https://cathe.com/category/blog/monthly-rotations/ and selecting the monthly rotation you want to do. Now when you click on the video links you see in the rotation they will work because you're now logged in to your account. Let me know if this helps?

I think I have changed my settings somewhere to create this problem because the forward and back features look different where now I can go back 10 seconds in the video. It's hard to explain.

Hi Alex1004, I tested this on my iPhone just to make sure and it worked fine. Is it possible for you to give me step by step exactly what you do when trying to use Quick Select?

Sure, I go into google.com type in cathe.com and signed into my account. I actually made a shortcut on my phone's desktop for the cathe.com rotations, then I go into the rotations and click on the video and I see the Chromecast icon but nothing happens once I touch it.
I started having this problem after the recent upgrades to the website prior to that I had no problem launching the video. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Last edited:
I wish I could show you a picture of the screenshot of the video I really think I change a setting on my phone that's prevent me from launching the videos. I've noticed a change in the format when fast forwarding or moving forward or backwards in the video. The lines are dashes along the bottom of the screen and the way to move from one frame to the next is different from how it was in the past.

I wish I could show you a picture of the screenshot of the video I really think I change a setting on my phone that's prevent me from launching the videos. I've noticed a change in the format when fast forwarding or moving forward or backwards in the video. The lines are dashes along the bottom of the screen and the way to move from one frame to the next is different from how it was in the past.

My previous instructions are just for playing the videos on your mobile phone using the Quick Select on our rotations page, not using Chromecast. Can you tell me if you click on the links in the rotation do the videos play on your mobile device? I can address how to cast in another post, but I want to make sure this is working for you.

My previous instructions are just for playing the videos on your mobile phone using the Quick Select on our rotations page, not using Chromecast. Can you tell me if you click on the links in the rotation do the videos play on your mobile device? I can address how to cast in another post, but I want to make sure this is working for you.
Yes, they play on the mobile device.

Hi Alex1004,

First, let me say that I don't recommend using the rotation Quick Select in your case since you want to cast to your TV. I think it would be quicker for you to just see what video is in the rotation and then do a a quick search in the OnDemand app to find the video you want to work out to. Since the app has built in casting you can then just select the cast icon to view your video on your TV.

Since our Quick Select is made for a browser, not our apps, there are several steps you will need to do in order to cast our OnDemand videos using your browser on your mobile device. In order to cast our OnDemand videos you will need to use the "Google Home" app. Here is how:

Step 1- open your Google Home App (you can download this app from the Google Play Store if you don't have it)

Step2- click the hamburger icon on the top left

Step 3- Click Cast Screen/ audio (this will take you to a new screen)

Step 4- click Cast Screen/Audio again and select your Chromecast. (At this point the image on your phone should cast to your tv.

Step 5- Open you Chrome Browser app and go to Cathe.com/stream and make sure you are signed in.

Step 6- select the workout you want to do from the rotations page and hit play. You will not need to hit and "Cast" icon since your screen should already be mirroring what is on your phone to the tv.

Thank you and let me know how you make out.

Hi Alex1004,

First, let me say that I don't recommend using the rotation Quick Select in your case since you want to cast to your TV. I think it would be quicker for you to just see what video is in the rotation and then do a a quick search in the OnDemand app to find the video you want to work out to. Since the app has built in casting you can then just select the cast icon to view your video on your TV.

Since our Quick Select is made for a browser, not our apps, there are several steps you will need to do in order to cast our OnDemand videos using your browser on your mobile device. In order to cast our OnDemand videos you will need to use the "Google Home" app. Here is how:

Step 1- open your Google Home App (you can download this app from the Google Play Store if you don't have it)

Step 4- click Cast Screen/Audio again and select your Chromecast. (At this point the image on your phone should cast to your tv.

Step 5- Open you Chrome Browser app and go to Cathe.com/stream and make sure you are signed in.

Step 6- select the workout you want to do from the rotations page and hit play. You will not need to hit and "Cast" icon since your screen should already be mirroring what is on your phone to the tv.

Thank you and let me know how you make out.
Hi Alex1004,

Thank you and let me know how you make out.[/QUOT

Thank you Cathe forum for The advice. Unfortunately, mirroring doesn't work well with the Samsung 8 plus phone but thank you for the suggestion that I should just go to Cathe on Demand and play the videos from there. Ironically, before the on demand download I was able to cast from the Quick select rotation without having to mirror. Anyway, I do appreciate all your time and your effort in helping me solve this problem. I thank you again.

Sincerely,
Yvonne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.