Oh my shrugs! STS2.0 Body Parts Back

Debinmi

Cathlete
My traps are sore today! Yesterday was STS2.0 Body Parts Back - those shrugs superseted with Pendlay Rows got me and I even lighten up with dumbells! Oh my .. At least I didn't see stars when getting up from the rows this time! :)

I look forward to when my lower back will tolerate those Pendlay rows again... they're so fun.
I agree. Sometimes I think it's because they're something different to me ... same as those Gorilla Rows in the Bonus - I do those 2x. :)

In fact there are a number of chapters/excercises in STS2.0 that I'll hit the repeat button for - especially some of the band work when Cathe only does one set.

Hope your back is healing up!

Speaking of those Pendlay rows I have to do 3 risers on each side 'cuz my legs are long and when I first set up like Cathe directed, I couldn't reach my bar. :) It made me think of when I first tried the Boss bands and couldn't stand because the bands had no more stretch for my height. It was good for a laugh! Thankfully they came out with the "for tall people" version since it wasn't something I could easily fix myself.

Speaking of those Pendlay rows I have to do 3 risers on each side 'cuz my legs are long and when I first set up like Cathe directed, I couldn't reach my bar. :) It made me think of when I first tried the Boss bands and couldn't stand because the bands had no more stretch for my height. It was good for a laugh! Thankfully they came out with the "for tall people" version since it wasn't something I could easily fix myself.
I'm about the same height as Cathe and the original bands get stretched to their limit in some exercises so I'm not surprised taller people had problems. If I were to replace them, I'd get the longer versions too!

I have since realized that my barbell weights are a smaller diameter than the Cathe ones as well so my barbell sits lower.
That's true ... even those 2.5# weights are huge ... we store our plates on a shelf in a closet and when I grab 5's ... I've accidentally grabbed those 2.5's ... but they're so light weight I know immediately they're not what I'm going for. :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.