October 09 check in Weekend 24th/25th*****

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting ready to head out to Chris' baseball game...I am hoping to squeeze step,jump & pump premix when we get home before we head to church for chior practice..

Be back later....

Busy day there, Kathy! Good luck to Chris today!

Not sure if I'll get anything in, but if I do it will be Turbo Jam 20 Mins. + An ab workout.

We have to go deliver papers in the rain :( and then get Alex to a bday party for 2pm.

Good morning! Happy Saturday! Sounds like you both have busy days.

We are off to soccer in a while. It's already 60 degrees here and it's still dark out. Going to be a hot one. I have to change my clothes because I put on a long sleeved shirt.

I did ME this morning! Highly modifed. Where Cathe did chest exercises or overhead stuff, I did the exercises the chiro wants me to do -- I've done them enough now that I pretty much remembered them. I also cut out abs since I've done abs every day since Wed. and they're pretty sore! Feeling good -- I'm going to be sore in a good way.

Joanne, if you're checking in this weekend..... I forgot to answer your question about the bosu workout.... I actually did the Firm's Skills, Drills, and Thrills -- they sell it with one of those flat stability discs or whatever they are called. But, Mary had it really cheap this week (without the disc), so I figured it was worth trying. It was pretty good actually -- not as intense as Mindy, but a good little workout.

Well, today is the Cloudy movie day and yes, Chris, it's in 3D, but..... I found out they are also doing a Thriller dance in downtown Santa Cruz about the same time and I'm sorry we will miss it. But, since we're meeting our SF friends -- well, it just doesn't make sense. I guess it's probably going to be a mob scene anyway...... darn though!

I hope everyone has a good day, with lots of sporting victories!!! :D

Hi Ladies!

How is everything?

I hope all are doing well...haven't been online much at all as it's mid terms here and its a good busy :)

Kathy have a good time at your son's baseball game

Chris Ooooo TJ 20 and abs sounds good for me too today - thanks for mentioning it

Beth a chiro? Boy I sure have been out of the loop here ...my hubby was seeing a PT for his R shoulder but he has a spur in the bursa and the exercises have helped him greatly so much so that he was released after 2+ months of weekly visits 3x a week.

Sounds like you are doing what you need to be doing :)

Big Hellos to Hottie & Joanne.

As for what's happening in my world......
We have started packing and getting those large plastic storage containers instead of cardboard boxes for the move...We have plans to put the house on the market in February. So it's so hectic with all that's going on here; but I am so ready for this move it's not even funny.
I'm not following any rotations as far as working out just doing whatever I want and glad my weight is maintaining although I really want to get back on my 5-6 days of exercising but I'm averaging just 4 days so I'll take that. Our son is gearing up to send out all these college applications and is also a candidate for the AF academy in Colorado ugh tons of stuff here to deal with. My house is looking a bit better even though we don't get home before 4pm.

Okay I'm ramblin now hope you all are doing great ...miss talking w/ you all on a daily basis.

picture.php

HI ladies..

Popping in real quick...I hope everyone has a great day of activities. Chris' team won their game this morning. Now they go to the championship game on Friday night...Chris did such an awesome job too. He pitched for 3 innings only allowing 1 run, hit sent to hits into the outfield and he caught a line drive at the pitchers mound....Awesome game..It was over in an hour and 20 minutes..

Ok, I squeezed in SJP premix step& hi/lo when we got home..NOw, I am showered and ready for lunch then choir practice...

Talk to you later..

Vilma! So good to hear from you!!! It sounds like you're very busy indeed, with very important things! Good luck with all the applications!

Chiro.... yes, I injured myself going too heavy on a chest press back in Aug. I never would have thought about going to a chiro, but my friend went for a very similar issue and she said she thought her recovery was really sped up by it. So, I'm trying it, and yes, I think it is helping -- whoo-hoo!

Kathy, what an exciting game! Good for Chris -- so nice when they do well, isn't it? So exciting for them. Unfortunately we had two more losses on our end. Travis' was especially heartbreaking since they haven't won any and are so needing a victory. Their team scored first, and it was back and forth with points for a while, but then the other team pulled it out. Sigh. Dylan's team lost 2-0, I think it was, with one scored on him while he was in the goal. He didn't seem too upset by it.

Neither of my boys want to see the movie! How crazy is that?! So Astro Boy is also playing, but I'm not sure our friends can get there in time for that -- I'm trying to reach her. Anyway, we're off in a bit, so I probably won't pop back in til tomorrow morning.

Joanne, how's the basement situation?

I can't believe its past noon. It's been a sluggish morning but work has been done. For cardio, CleanMax for resistance, Disc 15 is up for today. Just happy I don't have a huge amount of lab work this weekend.

Kathy -- WOHOO CHRIS! I hope they win!!
Chris -- it sounds like you have a busy Saturday. Hope you get your workout in.
Beth -- yep the temperature is climbing already for us. It's funny how we have so much distance between the two of us yet our weather is remarkably similar...
VILMA!!! Wow, that's amazing you're planning that far in advance! Application time...wow, that just brings up memories...

No workout today.
Found out through the grapevine my worst fears will be coming true, I will be losing my weekend bonus come the first of the year.

Trying to rationalize how we can save $300 a week so I don't have to find another job...

:confused::(

::hugs:: Chris -- I'm so sorry! They took away Joe's OT this year and that made us lose about 10K+/yr. With the house purchase, it's put us right on the line and that's why I had to take up tutoring again. I can't imagine what its like to have three kids and that taken underneath your feet. ::hugs::

Chris, so sorry about your job! Sending hugs.

Quick update here..... I woke up early not even knowing what day it was, puzzled out that it's Sunday and I wanted to sleep in and run later. So, I'm busy trying to go back to sleep and our phone rings about 4:30...... there's a fire. It's closer this time, but still sort of headed down a parallel canyon and doesn't really look like we're in danger but if the wind changes there's a pretty good chance we'll lose our house. We have this foam stuff we can spray all over it at last minute, but it only lasts 8 hours, so it does have to be done last minute. Larry's out doing all kind of stuff outside and I don't really know how to help. Have already packed up our stuff -- including imax 2 and STS! :)

Trying to stay calm..... it's scarier this time....vb

So far we are just holding. They have closed off our street, so if we leave, we cannot come back (that's normal). So, we wait. I'm doing laundry, sorting mail, sort of typical stuff, but then every once in a while packing a little more. The boys are on edge. Dylan had a meltdown being afraid, but now he's just mad that he doesn't get to have his playdate this afternoon.

We may lose power at some point..... if you don't hear from me, that's most likely why.

Hi ladies...

Beth: I am sending some prayers your way...I hope the fire is out soon..Big Hugs...I had to laugh at what you packed. I would have a hard time picking...

Chris: Sorry about your bonus money being gone. Hope it all works out..

Ok, I am taking my rest day..I did some more baking today..I made a batch of cookies, super pretzels, an apple pie, manicotti and chicken curry. I like to bake dishes for the freezer. I put them in servings and freeze for Vic to take for lunch...or quick meals any other time..Now, I need to iron and relax...Just finished changing all the bed sheets...

Thanks everyone for thinking about me...

Beth: OMG, I'm so worried for you guys! Praying everything will be ok and the fire doesn't shift towards you. Did you end up spraying the foam? The pictures are scarey that it's that close to you! Your poor boys, I know my 10 yr old would be flipping OUT if that happened here.

The more I think about it, the more my supervisor pisses me off for not telling me (us) on Friday. She had to know the "news" of losing $10,000 a year would run rampant in the hospital over the weekend. She's an ass. I'm so not looking forward to sleeping 2 flippin hours and driving back in there to find out the same shit I heard all weekend.

Vent over...

Chris, you are so right -- she should have told you Friday! I didn't think about the fact that you'd only get two hours of sleep, to boot! That's awful! Been thinking about you!!!

My boys are fine at this point -- we are alternating between reading together, them watching Ben 10, and going outside to watch the planes drop retardant. It's quite the day. Actually, I got a lot of paperwork sorted, and I'm cleaning here and there. Started stress eating a while ago -- cheez-its!! Oh brother! I should just bite the bullet and make the chocolate chip cookies.

Kathy, you are the kitchen queen lately! Wow -- that's terrific. Nice to have all that done, I'm sure!

Beth is there a fire tracker for me to follow? LA Times doesn't seem to care about your neck of the woods...

Oh, I forgot to say -- I did Disc 15 last night and IM2 today. I also ate abut 3000 calories today. I was doing terrible at lunch but thought IM2 would knock it out and then a friend I haven't seen in TEN years called my cell to tell me he's travelling in LA so he came up and treated me to dinner with his gf and Joe. But it was great seeing him!! In a good mood right now.

UGH -- didn't go to lab though because of the unexpected visit. That's ok -- just things get pushed and I need to stop doing that. Lab mtg < 1mo!

Chris -- that is super lame about your boss. Ugh...I could get so colorful with my language (seriously, who has the worse mouth? A pats fan or a giants fan?). I'm so sorry!

Kathy -- Chicken Curry! I was going to make that tonight! But I got yummy fusion food as a trade so I'm ok. :)

Is it really the end of weekend already?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.