O/T--something that annoys the heck out of me

Maximus

Cathlete
OK this is really stupid, but I hate it when I go to the gym, change, & get deoderant all over my top. No matter what I do--roll up the top before I put it on, stretch the top out as far as I can before I put it on, use clear deoderant, whatever--I always get that stupid white stuff all over the place. I can't be the only one w/this problem, how does everyone else deal w/it?

This probably won't keep it from being on the INSIDE of your top, but it works! I fold the top, from the bottom, half way up, so you are looking at the INSIDE of the top on the bottom half, put it on, then fold it back down. Does this make sense???
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

That is annoying! I put my deodorant on after I put my on my shirt.
I like DebbieH's idea too, maybe I'll give that a try.
Susan C.M.:D

Another tip for keeping make-up off your tops: Put a handtowel or washcloth inside the head opening of your top. Works great!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

2-3 times a week at work, I notice I missed getting some off my shirt :( I'm going to try the fold method and see if that works. I try to let it dry as much as possible before putting my shirt on but I seem to make a mess of it anyways most days!

Colleen

Great suggestion for avoiding this Debbie, thanks:).

What REALLY annoys me is when I try on a cute top at a store and someone elses deoderant marks are on it YUK!!x( Even if I like the top I can't bring myself to buy it, I just can't get over the 'ewwwwww' factor.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Or deoderantless, I suppose.

If I'm wearing something sleeveless, I put the deoderant on after I put my top on. Otherwise, I too use the damp cloth method. And what's up with those little white deoderant balls that form if you use too much? Lets add them to the deoderant-pet-peeve list.

Ya, those "little white deodorant balls". After a hard workout, I always find them embedded in my step!

About the top "smudge" bit, if the top has enough stretch to it, I step into it and pull it up rather than put it over my head (i.e. working from the bottom, not the top).

Patricia

Am I the only one who does not ever have this problem?

I never get deodorant marks on either my clothes or workout gear. I use "Mitchum for women" which is, as they say, "so effective you could skip a day," not that I do, but it never comes off on my clothes, step, or anyplace else for that matter.

Weird. Maybe try a different deodorant?

And I believe in deodorant before clothes. Perhaps try this and before donning clothes, do your hair or make up or whatever, or just spend a moment smiling at your sweet self in the mirror so it has time to dry?

Clare

Here's something that helps:

After you put on your deo, rub your arms against your sides to 'smoosh' the deodorant into your skin. I don't get marks on my shirt anymore. I use Dove. Love that stuff.

Tamikka

Ha! I use Mitchum too. Still get it everywhere.

Oh & I hate those little deoderant balls too. And I have hardwood floors so when they flake off they end up getting smushed & I get stupid sticky white dots all over my floor.

Try a different type of deodorant. I have a couple of different types of deodorant that I got at the natural food store, and have never had trouble with them flaking or leaving marks.

And those deodorant marks on clothes in the store: yuk!

I haven't had a problem in a long time now. I even put my on before I put on my shirt. I use Secrets gel. Maybe try it and see if it works.

Oh ladies, have I got a product for you! It's called the "Gal Pal", and retails for around $12 at www.containerstore.com. It's just this little round spongy pink disk. When you get deoderant on your top, you just rub one of the little sponges on the errant white stuff, and it disappears - no joke! Two reusable Gal Pals come in the package, and they say the second one is to be used wet if the dry one doesn't work, but I've never had to even go that far. It's amazing how the little stuff changes your life, eh? Happy deoderant removing!
-Kate;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.