O/T--I need help with microsoft front page!!!

SheRa329

Cathlete
I'm trying to design a new basic web-site using ms front page and I'm stuck!!! All I want to do is post a form that allows people to sign up for a mailing list and I keep getting stuck!!! Can anyone help me??? I'm getting desperate and I'm about to lose my mind!!!!!

I am not a Frontpage wizard so I can't help you there (detest microsoft). I would suggest going to google and typing in keywords like "html" "forms"

You may come up with a samaritan who has already written what you want and you can "bum" his or her code. Then you could manually edit and enter the code in instead of using FrontPage to create it.

You can also "cheat", find a site that has a signup like you want, using IE's view tab click on source. This will usually display the code of the page you're looking at. You can learn a lot anout html that way.

Dave

first off, microsoft frontpage is not a good program. it may look just like hte rest of hte office suite, so people think it will be just as easy. but it's not.

second, i don't want to just say 'booo, frontpage bad' and leave it at that :) what i recommend is getting macromedia dreamweaver. it's an expensive program (about 400 i think), and before you say ouch!!! you can go to the macromedia website and download a 30 day free trial. and it's a full version trial. as a matter of fact, you can try it for 30 days and then jsut purchase the serial code, so there is nothing else to install. it's much easier to use, and creating forms where people can send you their email address to get on a mailing list is sooooooo easy.

but if your setting up a webpage, dreamweaver is really the way to go. good luck!:)

Thanks alot for your suggestions! I've had many recommendations for dreamweaver and I've checked it out and will probably end up purchasing it, but I wanted to get my temp site up as quickly as possible and I already have frontpage so that's what I'm using for now. Just out of curiosity, does macromedia offer 24/7 technical support for dreamweaver users?? and is it free?? I was going to call ms's tech support for software yesterday but it costs $35 per incident! That's rediculous!!!!! But anyway, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong so now it works the way it should--at least for now!!

i have no idea about their tech support, but there are a lot of good books out there on it. i just took a class fall quarter on just dreamweaver, and the text book we have was very basic, but teaches all the essentials. albeit, it's a text book. but anyway, it's by shelley-cashman. their website is www.scseries.com, i think

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.