Nose Blowing

xiangnimen

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else out there deals with a runny nose while you exercise? When my blood gets pumping my nose starts running. I find it so annoying. Is it just me? I've thought about making a trip to a live Cathe class but worry I'll randomly be blowing my nose in the class. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh good grief that is totally me but my eyes water as well lol! It seems to only happen when I work out in the morning but if it's later in the day I'm ok. No idea why...

Oh yeah... my nose runs, (It's called exercise-induced rhinitis) sweat drips off every part of my body, but most especially from my head, which causes it to run in my eyes and sting. I have sometimes wondered if I am literally the sweatiest person on the planet. It's epic. WAY more than anybody else in every HIIT class I participate in.

I ran a 5K race yesterday and when I finished I literally looked like I had just jumped in the lake. It was running in streams off my legs even. Maybe a lot of it is the humidity where I live... not sure. Could just be me!

Oh wow, it has a name! I get super sweaty too. Totally understand the eye stinging. Well, there has to be some benefit in sweating/blowing out so much. I hope, at least.

Oh hell yes my nose runs! I keep a tissue in my sports bra but sometimes I sweat so much it turns into a sopping wet mess. I keep a box of tissues in my wkout zen for this reason. My eyes also tear up if I'm tired, looks like I'm crying! Yes we are beautiful when working out huh? But the worse I look the better I feel. I'm long past caring about how I look when getting sweaty.

I sweat so much, that it's running everywhere. I don't know if it's from my eyes, my nose, or my head in general. My clothes are soaked, and I have to use a headband to absorb some of it. (yea, I look totally 80's) If i'm wearing shorts, it's running down my legs. Yea, I'm a mess. I guess enough said.

Yes, it seems that liquids are pouring out of every pore and orifice of my body when I workout! Also glad I'm not alone.

I teach a fitness class and I have to have a towel handy and towel down every few minutes. Especially the face. Yikes. My hair gets sweaty and I always need to shampoo after a good workout. I find for myself that I am sweating much much more now that I am in better condition, so I take it as a good sign!

Here's Cathe's take on sweat. She doesn't specifically mention nose blowing, but it's an interesting read...
http://cathe.com/sweating-profusely-during-exercise-does-it-mean-youre-out-of-shape

Whew - I'm glad I'm not the only one who sweats like a pig during a workout! I always figured I had more sweat glands than most women since at one point I had to buy a prescription strength deoderant to help with the sweating (Drysol)! I used to hate going to the gym and seeing everyone else barely working up any sort of sweat while I was soaked from head to toe! At least it forces me to drink more water... :)

Thanks for the link to Cathe's comments on those of us who sweat a lot. I have both factors at work....lots of humidity where I am, and I am very fit. Honestly, even though my copious amounts of sweat are a nuisance, I would rather be efficient at cooling off my body than not. I have a friend who does bootcamp classes with me and she never sweats at all, no matter what she does. It's very disconcerting. I am worried about her .... how is her body handling the heat if she's not sweating?

Thank you for sharing the information and all your testimonies. [emoji1417]

A Fit Granny [emoji1434]

But that's not all folks......my socks are quitters, my hair is sticking out in odd directions, sometimes I'm gassy, I have to stop and reapply Chapstick because I'm addicted to it, stop to sip water, then reapply more Chapstick, then blow my nose and wipe my brow and my eyes! Oh yeah people...I'm a beauty! Maybe that's why my hubby Set me up in the basement!! Hmmmm

anybody get nose bleeds too?

I think overexertion can cause nosebleeds. (Or getting up and down too quickly, like going from a burpee right into tuck jumps or something) Perhaps slow down, choose something more downtempo & then soak a cotton ball in arnica & place in your nose.
Of course, you could have allergies, inflammation etc. which needs to be looked into & ruled out. I am just referring to as it pertains to exercising.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.