Next series?

Willing to Wait for Quality

While I'm certainly looking forward to your next series, I personally value quality over frequency in terms of releases. So please don't rush into production as many instructors/franchises seem to. If the creative juices are flowing, fantastic! But if you need to re-charge your batteries a bit, this fan can be patient in the hopes of a better finished product :)

I millionth the notion that you should make another series soon, soon, soon. I love love love all of your series and I am always wanting more, my goodness I am new workout insatiable.

I have a voracious appetite when it comes to Cathe workouts and I would, if I could, commission her to come up with new DVDs monthly. I love each and every one she has made!!!!!!!! As soon as she says the word, I am ready to preorder!

Now there you go Jillybean! She could do subscriptions and we just automatically get a new DVD every month! :7 :7

Oh please, oh please, oh please (okay, I am begging here)...do another kickboxing tape! I can't seem to get engough. I am in LOVE with Kick, Punch and Crunch...and still alternate it with Cardio Kicks and CTX Kickboxing. I have been doing so much that I haven't even previewed the other new blast series workouts. Thanks for asking us what we want! Kristin

:7 :7 :7 Cathe, if you have gotten this far, see the "Serious Weight Training" thread in the Suggestions forum!!;-)

I would love, to see a fast, high rep/low weight workout like Slim Series or Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout. Another vote for kickboxing on the step.

Honestly, I would rather Cathe took her own sweet time on a next series, because creativity cannot be rushed, and let's face it, after the BB series effort, don't you think she deserves a break to concentrate on her teaching and family for a bit?

I would like to see Cathe put out something radically different, rather than variations of the same, so I'll wait peacefully while she hums and has her ideas along. I think one major series per year is a fine rate of productivity.

I think with all the premixes and blender options and timesaver options on the BB series, we have enough to be getting on with for at least another six months before chomping at the bit. I haven't even gotten around to trying any of them yet!

Patience is a virtue....

Needless to say, no-one else will agree with me, oh well. ;-)

Clare

Cathe - Last time, I suggested a Periodization Series (when you were asking for suggestions prior to the BB series). Since the topic has been opened again, I'm taking another shot at asking you to consider this idea. Here's how it would work:

A segment of strength building, similar to Slow Heavy;
A segement of endurance strength training, maybe like the CXT upper body series with a Legs/Glutes type leg workout;
and
A "recovery" series--maybe low wght/high rep tapes for upper and lower body

The idea is that you do series A (strength building) for 4 weeks, series B (endurance) for 4 weeks, and series C (recovery) for 2 weeks.

At the risk of being selfish, I really miss your hard core strength work. Slow Heavy has done marvelous things for me, and I would LOVE to see another series like that one.

No pressure, Cathe, to get working on the next bunch of DVDs/tapes (haha, just kidding). Whenever you decide to start working on a new series is fine w/me, as I now have more than enough to keep me challenged and mentally/physically engaged.

Suzanne

Clare,

I agree with you. I haven't even tried everything on my BB dvds yet. However, we have to remember that Cathe filmed in the summer of 2003. Even though it seemed like we just got our workouts, it's been a while since she did film. If she filmed in the Spring that would only be a few months short of a year in between filming. Knowing Cathe she probably feels refreshed and ready to go again. I agree though I am looking for her to do something really different. Like a rebounding workout!!! But of course, whatever she makes I will buy. :) Heather

Cathe is only 39! As a woman who just turned 40, we like to put it off as long as possible. She has about 6 more months of the thirties.

Oh Wow! It just blows my mind that your even thinking about a new seris at this time. Cathe, you're just not human.;) But, since you are thinking about it, I second the Periodization system. It would be cool to have a whole series focus on periodization, and I know I'll preorder right away.

Just wanted to take this moment to say thank you for all your workouts and the creativity and hardwork that goes into them. Your workouts changed my life.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.