New Runners Check-In; All Runners Welcome! August 10, 2009

Good Morning Runners!,

I'll be less of a blabber mouth today, promise.

I am going to do a little run this morning. My ankle is better, less painful and not swollen in the evenings, so we'll see how it goes. I am still trying to get in to see a dr. about it, but with the long weekend, I doubt I'll be seeing anyone until next week.

Then it's onto STS disc 3 legs, I'll do disc 2 on Thursday and Disc 3 legs, again on Friday. I really enjoyed it yesterday, and yes, Christine, I was able to lift heavier than when I first started the program, but then again I was still recovering from an accident, and was also terribly out of shape. I think I do need the rotation structure the program provides, Morningstar, because I am so easily distracted. A 30 second rest could turn into a 3 minute or 13 minute rest or longer! I have tried various lifting programs, from books mostly, in the past and have not stuck with them do to boredom, circumstances, and my lack of focus. What I like about the 3.5 month rotation is, yesterday's dvd was only the second time I had ever seen that dvd...so it remains fresh, and the subsequent dvd's either add something new or switch the order around, or change the lifting pattern, which also keep it fresh. We'll see how I feel in December. At some point I may be far enough along in my lifting that I won't need the dvd's to stay on task.

Wow, Morningstar, work sounds intense! Exciting, but intense! Your colleagues may be noticing cm loss that isn't reflecting itself on the scale (especially if you are glycogen,water,salt pumped), have you measured recently?
What a great time of year to take a hiking trip! When do you leave.

Tricia, 51 days til your bday! I'll have to write that down! Does that make you a Libra still? Isn't it a shock to see the age number increase! I certainly don't feel like I'm old....wiser, definitely, but not OLD! lol.

Christine, I am glad you like Jari's Ripped to the Core. I liked that one, and her first one. I did look around for the suggested rotation. I didn't find it, but if memory serves me it was basically every other day, with the exception of ripped 1000 can be done back to back with other dvd's since she says it is more of a cardio workout.

Alisha, how are you feeling? I second and third the recommendations that Christine and Morningstar have given you, get a second opinion from a western medical doctor, a Gastroenterologist is a good idea!

Jenn, take it easy, if you're not feeling 100% don't start STS just yet!

You guys are leaving me in the dust with your running progress!!!

off to take ds to school.

ETA: Back from my run, 3 miles (4.8 km dear, morningstar) in 27:59 minutes. And I swear, I had a little mini-morningstar on my shoulder watching each kilometer...whispering in my ear. I listened girl, I got off, I restrained myself from going longer! It felt great to run though! And while I was out there the dr.'s office called, they can't see me until 9/14 (firetruck!!!) but at least I finally found someone I feel good about. :)

{{{hugs}}} and {{kissess}}}
:D

Last edited:
Woo hoo, I did my 30 min (3 mile) run today!! I completely skipped Week 8 (is that allowed?? :p), and just went for it! When we made it to 25 minutes I just knew I could go for 5 more, even though I was only supposed to do 3 more minutes, and I knew my dog was good to go too. I was wiped after that, but it felt really good at the same time!

Tricia, I bake for my hubby too and always end up "sampling" my stuff! :confused: One time I made these choco chip cookies that were to die for good (I still can't believe I am the one who made them), and I went off the healthy eating wagon until they were all gone. Now when I make something really yummy, I make him take it all to work! :p Sounds like you had a great run yesterday, how did it go today?

Alisha, I'm glad you got helpful advice!

Jen, how was your STS workout today? I'm the same way as you, when I'm doing distance running I go slower. I haven't done sprints yet but I'm thinking about it. I'm sure I'll be okay pushing myself to go faster with those, since they're shorter in time and distance! :p

Morningstar, how was your meeting? I'm wondering if you'll decide on the pizza/wine, or a workout? :) Oooh, I almost always get headaches at night after I've done a hardcore cardio workout! It got to the point where I'd just take Motrin right after my workout in anticipation.

Janis, I find that I need structure when I workout too. On one had I really like following rotations, but on the other hand a small part of me feels like it then becomes an obligation. I've been learning to give myself more freedom where I'll do a rotation, but sub whatever I want to do on any given day if I decide I'd rather do something else. Does that make sense? :p Thanks for looking into the Jari rotations. I actually found a thread here in Cathe land and someone mentioned doing it every other day, like you said. Tomorrow I'm trying Slim & Lean, I can't wait!

As mentioned before, today was my C25K run, but I also did some abs and a stretch from the Slim Series. I'm not as sore today from doing RTTC as I was when I did Ripped & Chiseled so I think I will up my weights a bit next time. Gotta run, my kitty is trying to wack my glasses off (which I need only for the computer), and attack the words I'm typing on the screen, ha ha.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Jenn - I try to run every day. I usually take one sometimes two days off. Right now, I'm pushing to get it in everyday because a couple of my challenges will be ending in the next couple of days and I want to make all my runs/miles!

Christine - Today's run was fantastic! I think it's this weather - no humidity and cooler! I did 3.37 miles! My average pace was 9'36". Not my best, but decent I guess. WAY TO GO on your run today! I did one day at 28 minutes and jumped right into the final week. I only used the podcast one day, then started using my Podrunner mp3s for my runs after that. That's all I use now except when I do CC. I really enjoy the Podrunner mixes! You can choose by pace, so if I'm feeling a little slow, I'll use a 130-135 bpm one or if I feel like pushing it, I'll pick a higher bpm. Congratulations!

Morningstar - Hope you get some less intense days at work soon! Hang in there!

Janis - Yes, I am a Libra! Just got in there under the wire! I hope you get good news when you see your doctor! Don't you hate having to wait so long? By the time I get in, I'm usually so much better there's almost no reason to go anymore! Take it easy and don't push too hard! We can't have you out of commission entirely!

Alisha - I hope you're doing okay today! Know that I'm thinking about you and sending positive energy every day!

I know I'm missing someone! Hope you are all having a great evening!
Catch y'all later!

Good evening ladies,

Today I started STS again. Disc 1 is a killer with all those pushups. Janis you had me thinking I was crazy to join you on this journey again. :D But were in it together. I just got to tell you I will not be doing legs twice in a week. Your legs are gonna FRY!!!:p

I did not do a cc today. Instead I went to my girlfriends and hung out for the day. It was a beautiful day.

Christine ^^^5's on your 30 minute 3 miler.

Tricia glad you had an awesome run also. Today was an absolute beautiful day.

Hi Alisha and Morningstar.

Til tomorrow, goodnight runners!

Hey guys,

I only have a minute to update you, so here's the short skinny:

I did NOT work out last night and did indeed end up having pizza and wine; this was a multi-organization event and I wasn't sure I was going to go. To get me to go, the head of one of the other organizations sent me a very bad poem that she had created just to entice me to go. Here it is, with a minor change to protect my rather distinctive real name:

Your Colleagues took a vote
Alas, they decided
They could not goat (read “go out”)
Without their dear (Morningstar)– the office spark
To do so, would be, just too dark!

So, apparently I can be had for bad poetry.

This morning was week 6, workout 2 of C25K. Burned 1007 calories says my HRM; I figure it was probably closer to 600. I covered 9.2km, including warm up and cool down.

I signed up for my first 5k run! It is on October 18th. I think I'll be ready by then, and even if I can't run the whole thing, I KNOW I can walk/run it in intervals. I am also considering one on September 22, but that seems very soon and with the hiking trip in there, I just don't know. If I do that one, it will probably be pretty last minute. I'm very excited about just signing up for the first one- I never imagined that I would ever be the kind of person that could do that. I was visualizing myself crossing the finish line - even at my expected finish of 500th person to cross the line, I was teary eyed at the thought. You guys have no idea; I spent the first 35 years of my life obese or morbidly obese, with an eating disorder for 20 years of that. To take this step is an extremely emotional symbol for me- even if for some reason I don't do the run, just signing up is a sign of faith in myself that I have never had before. I don't think I will have anyone there at the finish line waiting to congratulate me, but I know I will come back home and you will all be here to give me that pat on the back- and that will be huge for me.

Have a lovely day, ladies! I will be back later to chat about your activities too!

To take this step is an extremely emotional symbol for me- even if for some reason I don't do the run, just signing up is a sign of faith in myself that I have never had before. I don't think I will have anyone there at the finish line waiting to congratulate me, but I know I will come back home and you will all be here to give me that pat on the back- and that will be huge for me.

Beautiful and fantastic!
You're so amazing, Morningstar! And YES! I'll be standing at the virtual finish line to give you high fives, pats on the back and lots of bad poetry! :):)

It really does come down to faith in yourself. Insightful.

Have a lovely day.:D

Last edited:
Morningstar, You will rock that 5k in October and we will be hear cheering you on the whole way.

Jenn

Good morning ladies,

Today will either be a cc or just a regular run. I'm thinking cc since I have done one in a while.

We also have an ortho appointment this afternoon, time for the bottom expander. Fun stuff.:eek:

Another beautiful day. :cool:

Hope everyone has great workouts today. BBL!

Jenn

Good morning running friends!

Christine! That's the way to push past your limiting beliefs! Congrats on three miles!!!

And Tricia - 3.37 miles! woo hoo! It is so true, lovely weather makes running so much easier! When I read your pace numbers they come out like this 9 feet 36 inches! LOL! Is this how it looks on your computer? 9 minutes 36 seconds is the perfect pace! Don't worry about it!

Jenn - I am so glad you started. I did legs yesterday. Loved it, I was drenched in sweat when I was done! I'm not sore this morning....not sure if that is a good sign or a bad sign! I'll do disc 2 back and tri's on Thursday.

Alisha - how are you????

Today I have to be out of town all day, I'll be back in time to throw the groceries in the refrigerators, pull on some running clothes and take my ds to soccer. It is my goal to run on the football stadium track - I am aiming for 4 miles. I'll stop at three if my ankle starts to act up. It is killin' me, literally killing me that I have had to dial it back. I swear I see new cellulite forming. :mad:

Have a wonderful day beauties. :D

Morningstar, that's awesome that you signed up for your first run! I'm sure you'll do great! :) Cute poem, your co-workers must really care about you.

Janis, thanks for the congrats! Good luck with your run today! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that your ankle holds up! I can relate to how you're feeling, I broke my foot a few years ago and it darn near killed me not to be able to do my cardio. I decided to take up swimming to keep myself fit, and that's actually when I got into lifting weights! I guess that was my silver lining. :D

Jen, the weather has been so beautiful, hasn't it!? Have fun on your run today and enjoy the cool breeze! Thanks for the high 5's on my run! :)

Tricia, I agree about the weather affecting our runs in a very positive way! Hooray for no more humidity! Glad you had a fantastic run!! Thanks for the congrats on my run!

Alisha, how are you feeling?

Today's workout was Jari's Slim & Lean. I really liked this one too! My shoulders were fried by the end. I also plan to take my dog for a walk in a bit. I'd like to go at least 3 miles, but more if we can. Heck, I can run three miles so I should walk farther! :p

Got a question for you bakers... have you ever tried baking with whole wheat flour? It seems to be messing up my recipes. I thought it would just be an equal substitution to regular flour, but I found articles on-line that say you may need to use less or more, but I have no idea how much less or more!

Have a great day everyone!

Well, I don't hurt as bad. I got these PH strips to help find out how my PH is doing and I was extremely acidic, but that is a thing that fluctuates with what you have eaten. I'm starting to feel better, I put in a half day yesterday at work and I will do the same today. I will get a second opinion if I don’t feel better after trying this stuff <points to cabinet full of peppermint, psyllium, probiotics, slippery elm, pepcid and kefir> I haven't seen the acupuncturist because the probiotics from a different company seem to be helping. Since I haven’t had wheat in a couple of days, I seem to be feeling a little better.

Tricia thanks for the warm thoughts/sympathy.
Jenn thanks for the thoughts
Janis- I hope your ankle feels good today ok
Christine- Yeah, its ok to skip week 8. Why not? Right?
MStar- How do you run at 3:40 am? Do you have a flashlight hat like a miner? I have been obese since the 4th grade, I can relate on that level. I'm back at the weight I was at 18 and now I'm looking at the final frontier-merely being overweight or even a healthy weight. Its so weird, for the first time I'm shopping in normal sizes. I don't really know how to act. I wear a size 14 or a 12. I feel like an imposter who shouldn't be there.

One of the odd good things that I have learned with this IBS stuff is that food is much less important to me than I thought. I was so uncomfortable that I was willing to just exist on liquid vitamins and chicken broth for the rest of my life. I wouldn't think of myself as having an eating disorder but I do tend to eat more carbs than is appropriate for my body.

So. If I continue to feel better I will be back on the road on Friday, probably just start with some walking. I want to give that pulled muscle plenty of time to heal. Next week will be 4-DS. I like that one because in some ways it is easier than other Cathe workouts if you don't lift as heavey as she does.

Today I did cc 4 and walked 2 miles. It felt great and the day was beautiful.

My poor baby has a mouth full of metal appliances now. :( Thank goodness she's a good sport.

Alisha glad you were able to get back to work if only for a half day.

Christine how far did you make it on your walk? I've never baked with ww flour so I have no answers for you. Sorry.

Janis how did you do today did your ankle hold up?

Hi Tricia and Morningstar.

Jenn

Hello Everyone!

Alish - I'm so glad you're feeling at least a little bit better! Don't jump in too soon! Make sure you give yourself time to heal.

Morningstar - Just picture us all at the finish line cheering you on and waving you in at your first 5K! I'm still looking to get into one. Guess I'm going to have to do it myself. I was hoping my DH would find one for us, but he's so busy! He passed his CFA, so now, he's trying to take his GMAT and get his applications in for grad school!

Glad you chose to go out and relax a bit! That was a cheesy poem, but at least they think enough of you to take the time to come up with one!

Jenn, Janis & Christine - Seems like you all had great days today!

I had another great run. Did CC Vol. 3 - those 10 sec Level 4 sprints were killer! Added on a short 1 mile run after my intervals.

Anyone have anything fun planned for the Labor Day weekend?

Oh, almost forgot! The only thing I've made with ww flour is pancakes. They come out great, but are way more filling! Other than that, I don't know how to use it as far as proportions go.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Not a lot to report yet- I'm going to do my strength workout tonight. I'm not sure why I didn't get my butt up out of bed to lift, but there it goes. I have a few goals for this 5K race:

• Run the whole thing, without walking intervals
  • Do it in less than 30 minutes (extrapolating from my only 20 minute run so far, I think my time would be 33 minutes or so if I ran the race today- not that I could actually run the whole thing today!)
  • Get comfortable with the race process

Future race goals are:
  • Do another 5k race, aiming for a time of 24 minutes (apparently the average time for a woman my age to complete it- I would be thrilled to be at an average time!)
  • Do a 10k race, walking and running
  • Do a 10k race, running
  • Do a half-marathon, walking and running
  • Do a (gulp!) marathon, walking and running

But I gotta take baby steps first, and this 5k is my little fumbling, wonky step to the future. I don't have any more meetings this week, but tons of fallout from the last couple of weeks that I have to deal with urgently before I hit the trail, so stressful in a different way.

Tricia, those 10 second sprints are my favourites! I add them to almost every CC HIIT premix I dream up. Actually, I guess I like the 20 second ones a bit more- more time to really kill it. Could you tell me more about Podrunner? I have a Sony Walkman, and I never know if I can use music files meant for IPods with it. If so, it would open things up a lot for me in terms of being able to download music from iTunes.

Christine, once I used my bread machine to make a whole grain, ancient grain loaf of bread using about 10 kinds of grains. It made a wonderful door stop -very VERY dense bread. If you got past the idea that it was supposed to be bread, though, it wasn't bad.

Alisha, I run normally at around 4:15am, but it is still dark. I run in the city, so there are street lights everywhere. It still isn't brightly lit, but I can see okay. I avoid anywhere that isn't properly lit, like parks. I completely understand what you mean about going into "normal" stores and feeling like you aren't supposed to be there. It's been a few years for me and I still feel like asking the sales people, "do you carry my size?". The only time they don't is if it is a designer store that a size 8 is their extra large. Nowadays if the clothes don't fit, I know it's a problem with the manufacturer, not me. But still, I feel lost in normal stores. I remember how disappointed I was when I was finally able to shop in regular stores for the first time, and I had tons of stores to choose from. All the clothes were the same from store to store, all the colours were the same, the quality was crap and I didn't like any of them! I hate shopping now more than I did as a plus size woman with less selection. I probably shop at the Gap now more than anywhere else because as big as their stores are, the selection is quite limited and they carry shorter pants for us midgets. I just feel more comfortable there. I freakin' HATE H & M (hell and masochism); the clothes are crap, they are all jumbled together, they never ever fit, the styles are too out there, the staff are arrogant as hell and they don't have petite sizes.

Janis, from your descriptions of yourself I am picturing you as a classic ectomorph- am I right? You do realize that you are running a 5k as your injured workout, right? You do realize that that is crazy, right? How the heck are you going to heal when you keep running on the injury???? Girl, you don't need the little morningstar on your shoulder, you need the full size version tackling you, wrestling you to the floor and sitting on you! (by the way, with regard to your last blog post -OH MY!)

Jenn - "all those push-ups" - it gets worse later! I think week 2 or 3 has 183 of them in one workout. I had such a feeling of accomplishment when I did all of them on my toes. Still can't do the Elmo push ups, though- seriously, what was that woman thinking when she came up with those? Is this your first or second run at STS?

Okay, guys, I'm off to eat/shower/and the other one that is not polite to mention in such exalted company! Have a fantastic day!

Last edited:
Janis, I see what you mean about not wanting to run across the Mexican drug cartels:

Gunmen kill 17 people at Mexican rehab centre
Updated Thu. Sep. 3 2009 6:05 AM ET

The Associated Press

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico -- Gunmen broke into a drug rehabilitation centre and shot 17 people dead in a northern Mexican border city, an official said.

The attackers on Wednesday broke down the door of El Aliviane centre in Ciudad Juarez, lined up their victims against a wall and opened fire, said Arturo Sandoval, a spokesman for the regional prosecutors' office. At least five people were injured.

Authorities had no immediate suspects or information on the victims. Ciudad Juarez, across the border from El Paso, Texas, is Mexico's most violent city, with at least 1,400 people killed this year alone.

Most of the homicides are tied to drug gang violence, which has taken a heavy toll across Mexico. Earlier the same day, gunmen ambushed and killed a senior security official in the home state of President Felipe Calderon.

Dozens of sobbing relatives rushed to the rehabilitation centre to find out if their loved ones were among the dead. Soldiers and federal agents patrolled the streets surrounding the centre in the Bellavista neighbourhood.

Calderon sent thousands more troops and federal police to Ciudad Juarez earlier this year, but the surge has done little to stem the raging violence. The city is home to the Juarez drug cartel, which is battling other gangs for trafficking and dealing turf.

The government is struggling to revamp Ciudad Juarez's police force, which is plagued by corruption and the assassination of many of its officers. Other police have quit the force out of fear of being targeted.

The massacre capped a particularly bloody day in Mexico's relentless drug war.

Gunmen killed the No. 2 security official and three other people in Calderon's home state of Michoacan, where the government is locked in an intensifying battle with the ruthless La Familia cartel, blamed for a string of assassinations of police and soldiers.

Jose Manuel Revuelta, who was promoted less than two weeks ago to state deputy public safety director, is the highest-ranking government official killed in the wave of assassinations sweeping Michoacan, the cradle of La Familia drug cartel.

Attackers drove up alongside Revuelta as he headed home and opened fire, state Attorney General Jesus Montejano said.

Revuelta tried to speed away, but only made it a few blocks before he was intercepted by two vehicles. Six gunmen got out and sprayed Revuelta's car with bullets, killing him, two bodyguards and a truck driver caught in the crossfire, Montejano said.

An AP reporter at the scene saw the bodies of Revuelta and his bodyguards in the car, which had at least 15 bullet holes in the front windshield. Soldiers and federal police rushed to the site -- just three blocks from the headquarters of the Michoacan Public Safety Department -- and a helicopter circled overhead.

Soldiers and federal police have intensified their fight against La Familia since accusing the cartel of killing 18 federal agents and two soldiers last month. In the worst attack, 12 federal agents were slain and their tortured bodies piled along a roadside as a warning.

It was the boldest cartel attack yet on Mexico's government. Authorities said say La Familia was retaliating for the arrest of one of its top members.

The government has since rounded up more La Familia suspects, including Luis Ricardo Magana, who is alleged to have controlled methamphetamine shipments to the United States for the gang. Days before his capture, prosecutors detained the mother of reputed La Familia leader Servando "La Tuta" Gomez despite his threat to retaliate if police bothered his family. The woman was released after two days "for lack of evidence" of involvement in the cartel.

An AP reporter at the scene saw the bodies of Revuelta and his bodyguards in the car, which had at least 15 bullet holes in the front windshield. Soldiers and federal police rushed to the site -- just three blocks from the headquarters of the Michoacan Public Safety Department -- and a helicopter circled overhead.

Calderon first launched his crackdown against drug cartels in Michoacan, sending thousands of federal police and soldiers to his home state after taking office in late 2006. Tens of thousands more have since been deployed to drug hotspots across Mexico.

Drug gang violence has since surged, claiming more than 13,500 lives, including more than 1,000 police officers.

Calderon defended his battle against drug trafficking in a speech to Congress on Wednesday. He said the government has taken on the cartels as no previous Mexican administration has dared to do.

"As never before, we have weakened the logistical and financial structure of crime," the president told legislators.

The federal Attorney General's Office, meanwhile, announced the arrest of its two top officials in Quintana Roo, a state on the Yucatan Peninsula, for allegedly protecting the Gulf and the Beltran Levya drug cartels.

Officials provided no further details on the allegations against the prosecutors, who were ordered jailed by a court Wednesday pending the investigation.

Hi Everyone!

Another beautiful day for outdoor activities (running, of course)!

Morningstar and anyone else interested - Here's the link to Podrunner:

http://www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html

It's free downloads of one hour mixes for running. Each one is set at a different tempo and they have varied tempo mixes also. And, for those of us wanting to just keep going, they have training programs for 8K, and 10K also! All of these are free!

M'Star - Can't believe you are still working with a Walkman! I'm sure you could download the mixes and burn them to a cd. Is that the kind of Walkman you have or do they make an mp3 one now?

Anyway, the repair guys are here installing a new toilet. My other one died - was leaking badly! They're also trying to fix my leaky faucet, but that's not being too cooperative. This kind of thing stresses me out so badly! I wish my DH would handle all this, but he just doesn't have the time to take off from work, so all the house stuff gets left to me. I hate it! I'm alway afraid there's going to be bigger problems and I'm going to make the wrong choices and decisions. Well, at least, if I'm ever on my own again (which I'm hoping will never happen), I'll be able to function! This should burn a lot of calories, too, right? ;):eek: I was barely able to eat this morning for worrying about it.

I know, I know. I shouldn't beat myself up about things I can do nothing about. In my mind I know that, but the rest of me doesn't listen!

I'm rambling and trying to keep my mind off of what they're doing. Just hoping they'll come out any second and say it's done and everything's great!

Have a terrific day and I'll catch back up to you guys later tonight with another running report! This will make 4 days in a row for me. I should probably take a day off. Maybe tomorrow I'll do B&G or upper body or something.

Tricia, thanks for the podrunner link! I'd like to download some more tunes for running, but I have to wait for our computer to be fully "healed" of its virus. Right now it won't let me use itunes :(. How did things work out with your house repairs? I'm sure everything will work out fine! Like you said, if God forbid you ever were on your own, you would have the "know-how" to get things done.

Morningstar, great future running goals! Yes, I've noticed that the things I bake with whole wheat flour are much more dense for sure! I actually found Martha Stewart's "regular flour to whole wheat flour" conversion and that seemed to work!

Jenn, we ended up walking only 2.6 miles, which I couldn't believe because it felt like a lot farther! It's funny, I get more tired from walking than running!

Alisha, I'm glad you're feeling better and were able to get in 1/2 day of work!

Janis, how did your run go? How did your ankle hold up?

Today's workout was Turbo Jam Cardio Party 1 and a stretch with Slim & Limber (I always skip the TJ stretches because I find them insufficient for me). I forgot how much I love TJ cardio though!! I had so much fun!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Why aren't I sleeping?

Well, I tried eating yesterday and once again I have the pain/pressure below the belly button. I called the advice nurse and she is going to get me in to see a different doctor for a second opinion. No work today. I got really cold, clammy and super sweaty yesterday at work even though it was over 98 degrees F. I'm going to keep pushing until I get to see a gastroenterologist. Unfortunately, at kaiser you need a referral first, you can't just make an appt. Stupid, I know! The advice nurse told me to continue what my doctor said (pepcid/psyllium) and she told me not to eat any fat. Which is ok, I can do that. I did not sleep at all last night. I was so uncomfortable. The good thing is my brother is here and I'm not by myself and my Dad said he would go to my Dr. appt. with me and glare them down if necessary. (I'm too pooped to do it, normally I have a great bear stare.) ok, enough of the self pity party. :p

It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I have my computer to keep me entertained. I want to run. I did yoga yesterday. Also, I read an article about the different kinds of issues production companies are having with 3D. Apparently, a new monitor with color correction/callabration is coming soon that will help directors on location. The animation folks have it easier than people doing live action work.

Tricia- don't worry about the stuff for the house because there is always the opportunity to make a wrong decision. My Dad is a civil engineer and even he has made strategic errors (dumb bear itis) that have left us with one toilet room that doesn't work at all until we can rip out the plumbing. My point is anybody can make a mistake so don't worry about not knowing enough, k?

MStar- You ever watch "Weeds" ? Talk about scary drug cartels. yikes.
I guess I would run early if we had street lights. For work I tend to buy the less expensive pants at Kmart because we get so dirty and turn up the cuff. I am also a member of the midget brigade. Although, I'm taller than I used to be coming in at a true 5'2" I used to be only 5'1.5" but I grew in my 20s.

Christine- The only thing to know about whole wheat is that it goes rancid sooner than white flour because there is more oil present.

Hi Janis!

Hi Everyone!

Another beautiful morning, but its fire season, so we are all a little distracted by the heat and dry winds that September brings. I’m sure you have heard LA is on fire. Looks man-made. I am not surprised. The Santa Cruz fire was attributed to illegal mj growing, and speaking of marijuana, the Mexican government, in an attempt to stop the blood bath, has legalized marijuana. Ha!:rolleyes:

Alisha, gosh girl, you are having a rough time! The temperature/chills thing sounds thyroid. I am glad your bro is going with you. I hope you get some answers soon.
Christine, I thought about you so often yesterday, re: your wheat flour question. What cook’s illustrated recommends is, with a standard white flour recipe you can swap out 25% of the flour for whole wheat before texture suffers. I have had best results with whole-wheat pastry flour. It’s lower protein; lower gluten content makes lighter, less dense whole-wheat baked goods. Recipes that are designed for whole-wheat, in general, work best, as they are adjusted for salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Your workouts sound fun! You definitely keep things interesting! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your computer virus issues. We are constantly running AVG and Ad-Aware, and still have to wipe out and clean up on occasion. How are the pets adjusting to Marbles?

Tricia – way to go – 4 days in a row, and tacking on an extra mile! YAY! I am going to check out the podrunner link too – finding beats that work with various heart rates/paces is very intriguing indeed. I know exactly how you feel about workmen, but know that it gets easier and easier, if you ask questions they are usually more than willing to tell you what they think.

Jenn, don’t you just feel like the Marquis de Sade when your kids are suffering, and its at your own hands! (or its out of your hands.) Tylenol! I start dispensing before we arrive at the ortho. You walked 2 miles and ran, what 4 miles! Impressive! Are you up for Back and bi’s today?

Morningstar, your goals look great! Inspiring! The only problem with this “Girl, you don't need the little morningstar on your shoulder, you need the full size version tackling you, wrestling you to the floor and sitting on you!”, is I would probably like it! (smirking grin) I’ll answer your Ecto question later, but right now I need to go lift weights.

Love and kisses,

Hi everyone,

Janis yes I am up for back and tri's today. I did give her advil before her appointment, luckily there was no pain. I ran 2 miles and walked 2 miles.

Christine it's another beautiful day so after sts I'm thinking of going for a run or a walk.

Tricia deep breath, the bathroom will turn out just fine and you will make the right decisions.

Hi Morningstar and Rapidbreath.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.