new firm video set

Amy, please don't consider yourself the only "gutsy" person here.
I have read numerous honest, forthright posts on this site over the years.

I would suggest, however, that you seem to be the "only one" with enough idle time on her hands to devote to the perusal of this site, and to the construction of long-winded, accusatory messages.
Why you feel no one else gets it is a mystery.

These are exercise videos, for heaven's sake!

Since you are a marketing genious, perhaps you should consider selling a collection of your previous posts as a potential cure for insomnia. After all, a good night's sleep is essential to feeling our best.

Well, I'm going on almost as long as you--perish the thought.

Take care. Happy pontificating!!
XOXO

RE:Cathe complementing the FIRM

Hi,
I find it very hard to crosstrain FIRMs with Cathe unless I use Cathe for cardio only. I have looked at the rotations and most of them look like pretty gnarly stuff. See, if I wanted to do classics I would have to give up Cathe's weights and if I did split routines I couldn't use the FIRMs in between. SIGH. So this week I decided to get my cardio by spinning (Hooray! So much fun and no jumping around!!!) and using S&H for weights (I just can't let go of this series!). I still love my Firm tapes but I don't think I'll be getting new ones...not till I get Rhythmic step and PS series on DVD...I want arm muscles by summer!

Hi new here, I guess I'm the weird one lol, I actually pre-ordered the new Firms and Anna's tapes, I also love Cathe and Billy Blanks :0 lol. I think I have an exercise video addiction anyway lol, oh well, just wanted to say that I like the Firms, Cathe and Billy. :) Take care.

If....

...you're weird, I'm weird too! :7 I think variety is the key and I know ever since I started cross training with all different kinds of videos, I have seen better results then ever. I also like Billy, Cathe & several of the Firms. Of course, I have a vid addiction like you! ;-)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

rachel -

Interesting I'm with you .. I use to be total firm and have moved more to Cathe but I find it hard to combine the two.

I was doing CTX for Cardio (and cardio kicks) and firm for weights TT, TT2, SS... but I'm thinking of getting S&H - for weight work ... how do you like it?

It's actually kinda funny.. i was on the firm today... and folks are QUITE upset with the fact steps are mandatory for the purchase.. Amy you might want to contribute there - LOL

robyn:

I was over there today too . . . man oh man!

I'm sure glad that I'm not a big participant there. HOLY COW!

Amy,

Tone it down a few notches. If you look on quite a few forums, this dicussion is going on. It would appear that this set topic is the hot news of the fitness forum circle.

Cyberfit,

Where did you get your step? I was going to try to get a Firm step, but the step that they are panhandling just looks very cheap and won't last. I would like to get one for my sister. Do you have a link?

Michele,

Agreed.

[link:home.attbi.com/~marwrihu/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html|Home Page]

[link:mykbtforum.efree2net.com/|KBT Forum]

khuynh, I bought my Rubbermaid toolbox/step at Target. If I remember correctly, is was around $15 or $20, definitely no more than that. It's about 13" tall and the top opens to an inside compartment where you can store stuff. I know that the weight limit is quite "liberal", I can't remember the exact figue off-hand, but I made sure when I bought it that it could handle me and plenty of free weight. It's very stable and I have never felt concern for my safety while using it.

I also have a 10" wooden Firm step that I bough years ago. If you go to VF and do a search, someone posted plans for a 14" Firm like box that can be easily made, providing you have some basic tools and skills. Search under "tall box plans" if you're interested. Good luck!

Thank you very much. I've got a "care" package to send to her and this weekend I'll go out and see if I can pick one up. She was using a pot for a long time until the thing just gave. It was old. I'm sure that she'll just jump up and down.

Thanks again.

Keta. :D

[link:home.attbi.com/~marwrihu/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html|Home Page]

[link:mykbtforum.efree2net.com/|KBT Forum]

Oh Robyn, I can't stop using it! I've been on it for 6 weeks...stopped for a week then started back on it the first week of January. I guess after doing the Firm and Body pump the chance to actually slow down is a real novelty. I wanted to do the classics and after doing 2 of them a voice in my head keeps going," No more leg lifts! Go sit while you do your triceps!"
So this month I'll be spinning happily away and doing S&H...You think I'll lose weight on this? I hope so! It makes me want to sell all my FIRMs except for volume 1,FS and CB! So funny since I have a large plastic crate full of videos that Cathe just made worthless. Probably will once I get on ebay. I really like this series! I want PS but it looks a bit dated now that I have S&H. I am NEVER doing fast lifting EVER again.

I'll say what I wish when I want -- I do not have time to visit every forum --

And if you will note, I've not posted here in a while.

Those of you who can't take my posts, skip over them.

At least I am not brainwashed. God, some of you need to join a cult or something........

I add brillance and levity to this site.

I call it as I see it.

Because I am outspoken.

And every time you retort, you make ME the CENTER of ATTENTION!

YEAH!

Catty little snit, aren't you?

I am great at pontificating.

Why not?

Perhaps I will become the Rush Limbaugh of fitness!

LOL!

XOXO back at ya!

Amy

Rachel_Lam,

I too love the S&H series. I do stop after 3 weeks mainly because I cannot focus for longer than that. But I don't think it is boring at all and I don't mind the (much needed) rest between sets.

I've been on a MIS rotation lately and I have (finally) come to appreciate that tape, but I really think it is because of S&H. Being able to really concentrate and feel the muscle that is being worked has spilled over to the other weight tapes (power hour too)

I must take 4 weeks off, but when I start working out again, I'm starting with S&H to get my strength back.

-joy

Thanks Rachael

It looks like I HAVE to get S&H - I've been trying to decide but the more I hear I just have to!

Thanks for the info

RE:New Firms--any more info?

Gee, I guess I'm with Debbie H & luv2step. I like all sorts of exercise videos--I should admit I'm addicted, too. I was wondering if the new Firms tape quality was okay since they were filmed in LP, not SP. Can anyone post about that? The new Firms sound really interesting, although I don't think I need a box since it doesn't adjust to 10", which is the height I use for doing Firms, & I don't want to shell out what comes to about $30 apiece just for the videos.

RE:New Firms--any more info?

Jeni, Hi, not sure about the new Firms quality but I just purchased Firm's Maximum Body Shaping in the new LP format and it seems fine and my VCR isn't an expensive one, hope this helps. :)

Hi,
Yeah, you definitely must try it! I was going nuts trying to decide between PS and S&H before...I am thrilled I got S&H and you know what? You gotta have both series I think, because PS has such great reviews too! I love S&H, was having coffee with a Body Pump instructor whose class I used to love and she was asking why I haven't been going, I lied and said I've been slacking off...GRIN, but I got talked into doing her class on Saturday, oh well BP is lots of fun anyway: A Gazillion squats now!!!

I am with you! Why do they make you buy the whole set, what a joke! I was thinking of trying them myself, but don't need another tall box either. Cathe Rules!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.